Anime and Manga - I won’t allow your bones to stay on this planet. I will banish your evil soul.

Sarex

Chainsawman 6: Part 2 of the hotel.

Okie dokie, first off there's part 3 in a week and this reminds me of why I usually like to watch a whole season or series at once. Anyways this is still very good, it says shonen on the tin but in some ways it feels more like seinen.

8 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to slitting my wrists...although in light of what I've just seen, maybe I should focus more on my eyes instead.

Stick with the wrists, if you blind yourself you can't make a pact with an eldritch entity and that would be naughty :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

22 minutes ago, majestic said:

image.gif.59c9d6663655c7ec999622283fcd6913.gif

While watching Jurrasic World 3, I wished I did not have eyes or ears. Not even Sam Neil and Laura Dern could save it.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Devilman Lady, episode 14. The episode opens up directly with this:

mpc-hc64_RXYKkfu2oj.gif?dl=0

Now, if you know anything about Devilman Lady like I do, you know that we're going to learn a lot about this little girl over the course of this episode, including whatever unfortunate circumstances or outright tragedy she's preserved through, and then we're a thousand percent going to horrifically maim and then kill her. It should be a pretty good time, all things considered.

Spoiler

mpc-hc64_YKFzCkXHKt.png

Oh, well, actually, I was completely wrong. She and her mom were murdered just like 30 seconds later. Whoops, sorry guys, bad call on my part. Hey, we can't all bat one hundred.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

8 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Devilman Lady, episode 14. The episode opens up directly with this:

mpc-hc64_RXYKkfu2oj.gif?dl=0

Now, if you know anything about Devilman Lady like I do, you know that we're going to learn a lot about this little girl over the course of this episode, including whatever unfortunate circumstances or outright tragedy she's preserved through, and then we're a thousand percent going to horrifically maim and then kill her. It should be a pretty good time, all things considered.

Reveal hidden contents

mpc-hc64_YKFzCkXHKt.png

Oh, well, actually, I was completely wrong. She and her mom were murdered just like 30 seconds later. Whoops, sorry guys, bad call on my part. Hey, we can't all bat one hundred.

I haven't read the manga in a long time, is the butch lesbian tentacle shark in the anime?

Spoiler

The ending of Satan splitting themself into a male and female half in order to **** themselves and resurrect Akira (and hide from God I guess) is still one of the weirdest ****ing things I have ever read.

9 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

I haven't read the manga in a long time, is the butch lesbian tentacle shark in the anime?

She...was in the anime, yes.

7 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

9d7932d78bd1d2459bcdf0d910cbd202da8cae30

Yeah, it's kind of this show's MO, the only thing that surprised me was that it happened so quickly. It made sense a minute or two later once I realized the show was doing a different angle, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

18 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Top tags...ecchi, action, martial arts. Poster shows lady doing a kick and showing off her lady bits. The user-submitted screenshots are all of...women in various stages of either undress, upshots, downshots, and/or "action" poses. Yes, I'm sure it's just a perfectly quality show with a perfectly wonderful fan following, :p. Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to slitting my wrists...although in light of what I've just seen, maybe I should focus more on my eyes instead.

Actually, I found the first series/season to not be so bad in the ecchi stuff.  Surprised this got an English dub.  I rarely quit media (so many terrible book series I refuse to retreat from) so kept on watching past that and boy does it get worse. 

17 hours ago, majestic said:

Suddenly, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS doesn't seem so bad, huh? :p

From Wiki "The series focuses more on team-based battles and bureaucracy rather than individual rivalry and school life,"

Sounds good.

• Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

She...was in the anime, yes.

Has she returned as Devilman Noir yet?

• Gasp! 1

8 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Has she returned as Devilman Noir yet?

Uh...no, whatever that means. I guess I'll find out, or not. The show has been mainly focusing on Jun and her very dear lady friend, Kazumi, in between all the murdering. Which is just as well for me, since that's predominantly what I care about, :p.

9 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Actually, I found the first series/season to not be so bad in the ecchi stuff.  Surprised this got an English dub.  I rarely quit media (so many terrible book series I refuse to retreat from) so kept on watching past that and boy does it get worse. 

I did make sure that I was looking at the original 2003 show, so if the later shows are much worse...I mean, come on.

firefox_7spxxQYSzx.png

I don't think I'd be able to watch more than a minute of this crud, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

8 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I did make sure that I was looking at the original 2003 show, so if the later shows are much worse...I mean, come on.

firefox_7spxxQYSzx.png

Well I didn't say the show was good. Actually pretty much stated it's terrible.  But it kills time and I had it packed away on an external HD.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Uh...no, whatever that means. I guess I'll find out, or not. The show has been mainly focusing on Jun and her very dear lady friend, Kazumi, in between all the murdering. Which is just as well for me, since that's predominantly what I care about, :p.

firefox_7spxxQYSzx.png

that show

it was so ridiculous it actually get funny at a few point

but mostly a waste of time

• Gasp! 1

10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well hopefully the show goes as insane as the manga and you can witness.....well better not spoil that.

• Gasp! 1

8 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well I didn't say the show was good. Actually pretty much stated it's terrible.  But it kills time.

I'm more just in shock that apparently the later entries are MUCH WORSE. Like, so much worse that it makes this look good in comparison? Everyone has their trash, so to speak, so it's whatever if you can sit through and enjoy it, but...my brain just can't compute that part. Admittedly, I have *the* highest of standards of anyone here in at least a few particular ways, so I don't have any chance of experiencing the truly terrible stuff...

Edited by Bartimaeus

One cannot know Heaven, unless one vacations in Hell

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

firefox_7spxxQYSzx.png

Well, for that, I have to bring out an old friend...

EPwAGNQ.png

• Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Finally gave in and watched Carole and Tuesday on Netflix. Honestly, I didn't expect anything at all but was quite surprised that it was good. Except for the ending, which was super cringe.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Narutaru 1

Shiina goes spend some time with her grandparents and makes a nice little friend.

th?id=OIP.tmyBmKU6R2LFClRGqLwDUAHaFj%26p

This is adorable.🙂 Not sure what @majestic is talking about.

And look at the opening:

Ok, maybe they got a little too creative there with the Godzilla stuff @majestic mentioned earlier. And with this too:

narutaru_1290412.jpg

🤔That is all right, I'm sure everything will go well. Look, they are hugging!

c4dc6641eedd2a78cee6e14625d6655b28596fe1

• Like 1

sign.jpg

26 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

This is adorable.🙂 Not sure what @majestic is talking about.

Sure, like nothing about this first episode was creepy as hell, not sure what I was talking about there. :p

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

From Wiki "The series focuses more on team-based battles and bureaucracy rather than individual rivalry and school life,"

Sounds good.

I don't know how well it would work without the first two seasons, but there's a pretty big time skip in between and most exposition in early StrikerS flows pretty organically. The series falls apart in the final five episodes when they either ran out of time or lost track of what they wanted to do and turned the villain into a Bond level numpty in both exposition and behaviour, but until then that was actually a pretty decent watch.

The fanservice is just plain bad instead of eye-gougingly bad because they had the common sense to, you know, no longer use nine year olds for most of it. Like, if you want to check out the early seasons and have misgivings about loli-scenes just leave out episode 5 of the first season. :yes:

It's also a lot slower paced and not as much about awesome battles as the Wikipedia entry makes it look.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Just in case it wasn't clear the bureaucracy is a positive to me.

• Like 1

Narutaru 1

Ok, this is a glorious bait ready for a switch. I think the star-thing is just off enough for you to suspect something is wrong but is portrayed as cute enough for you to ignore it. And there were enough shots of Shiina's feet tat I had to double check to see if Quentin Tarantino was involved.

EDIT: More Narutaru, 2 and 3.

So yeah, the show wastes no time from going from sweet to something quite different. We go from meeting depressed girl to Pol Pot in two episodes.

Spoiler

I laughed when Hoshimaru killed the bad guy by throwing a copy of his stand dragon(ete?) at him. Just something about the awkward way he stood there before doing it with what appeared to be no effort was hilarious.

Edited by Make a contract with KP
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

20 hours ago, Lexx said:

Finally gave in and watched Carole and Tuesday on Netflix. Honestly, I didn't expect anything at all but was quite surprised that it was good. Except for the ending, which was super cringe.

KP recommended that show to me a while back after finishing Samurai Champloo (made by the same people?), and I put it on the list. Given that you and I don't seem to agree on much any kind of media to my knowledge, I must admit to some amount of trepidation now...but I guess even Sarex has liked a couple of things I do as well.

13 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Narutaru 1

Ok, this is a glorious bait ready for a switch. I think the star-thing is just off enough for you to suspect something is wrong but is portrayed as cute enough for you to ignore it. And there were enough shots of Shiina's feet tat I had to double check to see if Quentin Tarantino was involved.

...Well? Is he? Moonlighting as a wacked out anime director doesn't seem like it'd be completely out of the question for him... :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

...Well? Is he? Moonlighting as a wacked out anime director doesn't seem like it'd be completely out of the question for him... :p

I wouldn't rule it out, maybe he used his fortune to produce tons of feet heavy anime and TV shows. Or maybe he pays a bunch of people to smother him in feet on his birthdays.

But real talk, no way could Tarantino do this show. Quentin is a guy with a lot of mechanical talent but the tastes of a teenager and the ideas to match (something he shares with Spielberg, but more violent). When I look at his movies I see a lot of homage and shock value (at least for the time), but not particularly innovative or experimental.