About Van Buren

SteeL

One easy and short questsion to direction of obsidian: will you buy from interplay license on Van Buren project?:) - yes, no, may be...

Feargus, i know you love it as much as we all... please, do it...

If anyone from Obsidian made any sort of comment on even the slightest possibility of acquring the FO license, that comment will inevitably get twisted into "Obsidian are going to get the FO license!" and the rumour mill begins to churn.

newlogo.gif

Oh yes, there is that problem. If they comment, it'll probably be to say that they are absolutely not going to get it.

Unless they can comment with absolute certainty one way or the other, they'll likely say nothing on the subject.

Maybes are too risky to discuss.

newlogo.gif

Let Fallout be dead, guys. Van Buren would have been cool but not now. Not after FOPOS. Time to move on to better things than keep harping on old **** games.

I don't think so... Since F2 - 1997 (or 98???:p) i didn't play any beter, upon this time

PS sorry for sux english - i'm Russin :)

What's wrong with Silver Style and The Fall? I think that game looks very promising, even though the graphics looks a bit.. German.. :p

But it would be really neat if they could buy the Fallout PC license and continue their work. Or why not even buy the old Wasteland license from Interplay and make a sequel to that one instead? It might be cheaper, considering Wasteland came out in.. 1987 or 1988..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Silver Style has a bad track record, and I dislike some of their ideas for the Fall. We shall see.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Silver Style has a bad track record, and I dislike some of their ideas for the Fall. We shall see.

Hmm.. Which games and which ideas are you referring to? I am only aware of Gorasul and, although that is an unpolished gem in my eyes, it doesn't say much about their approach to The Fall..

Where did you read about their ideas for The Fall? I'd love to read more about that game!

The only problems with Obsidian buying the license would be (1) Would Interplay want to part with such a famous License, and (2) How much would it go for? Obsidian is new, and as such probably doesn't have pocketbooks with high six digit values just for a license. As sad as it is, Fallout 3 will probably never be made.

Whats wrong with the fall?

Well, I've gone to the forums a few time and Carsten is always asking for fans to contribute ideas. To me, it shows me that ze germans are to lazy to do their own creative work.

Not to mention, the dialogs from the game I've seen are, what I would consider, not good. Hopefully good buddy Puuk will fix that all up.

Well, I've gone to the forums a few time and Carsten is always asking for fans to contribute ideas. To me, it shows me that ze germans are to lazy to do their own creative work.

Strange. I frequent a lot of game boards, and most of them don't give a flying rat's ass for their fans. Especially Ion Storm, Jowood and Eidos.. So for me it's a sign of greatness when a developer is actually taking time to listen to their fans and even ask for ideas from the community. I mean, after all it is us they're developing the games for. Who else would be better suited to come with constructive critiscism than the most loyal fans?

And I really hope Obsidian turns out to be as community oriented as this Carsten is. I want some feedback from the guys in charge!

Well, I've gone to the forums a few time and Carsten is always asking for fans to contribute ideas.  To me, it shows me that ze germans are to lazy to do their own creative work.

Strange. I frequent a lot of game boards, and most of them don't give a flying rat's ass for their fans. Especially Ion Storm, Jowood and Eidos.. So for me it's a sign of greatness when a developer is actually taking time to listen to their fans and even ask for ideas from the community. I mean, after all it is us they're developing the games for. Who else would be better suited to come with constructive critiscism than the most loyal fans?

And I really hope Obsidian turns out to be as community oriented as this Carsten is. I want some feedback from the guys in charge!

I may have understated exactly what Carsten is asking for.

He wants the fans to contribute stories, NPCs, and other ideas for use, in game. Not necessarily feedback on existing works.

I can't believe someone twisted Carsten's fan interaction into meaning SSE has no creativity and needs the fans to design games for them. Wow.

If a company doesn't listen, they get flamed for not caring about their fanbase. And now if they DO listen to the fans, it's because they have no creativity and they are too lazy to design their own games, eh? That makes total sense.

I can't believe someone twisted Carsten's fan interaction into meaning SSE has no creativity and needs the fans to design games for them. Wow.

If a company doesn't listen, they get flamed for not caring about their fanbase. And now if they DO listen to the fans, it's because they have no creativity and they are too lazy to design their own games, eh? That makes total sense.

Yeah... why should I have to pay for a game I helped donate NPCs, quest ideas, or stories for?

There is a difference between fan interaction on, say, combat options, and creative ideas, like writing.