List of weapons whose properties are not limited to themselves (II)

This is the complete list of weapon's enchantments that work with other things

Crossbow hit-to-crit bonus is universal

Kitchen Stove : Hurried (-15% reload time) for every weapon in other hand with a reload time

Kitchen Stove : Wild Shot and Barrage (reload time and damage bonus) for every weapon in other hand with a reload time, damage bonus is universal

Pukestabber : Mean Drunk (speed and damage) work on every Dagger

Scordeo Edge : Double Strike (5% chance to recover instantly on scoring hit) is universal

Sungrazer : Return Orbit (10% chance to recover instantly on scoring hit) is universal

Sungrazer : Blunt Rock (-1 Crush AR on scoring crit) is universal

The best Defense : Sickening to Watch (50% chance to sicken nearby ennemies on scoring kill) work with other weapon equipped

The best Defense : Terrifying to Face (50% chance to terrify nearby ennemies on scoring kill) work with other weapon equipped 

Effort : Hemorrhaging (Hobble or Sicken ennemy on scoring crit) is universal

Blightheart : Hymn of Decay (1 phrase per kill) is universal

Engoliero do Espirs : Soul Devorer (and upgrades) (on kill) is universal

Engoliero do Espirs : Cruel Blade and Blade Feast (cast Ghost Blade on kill) is universal

The Twin Eels : Breath of Life ( Health restored to nearby allies on kill) is universal

Azure Blade : Wrong Place, Wrong Time (25% chance to Interrupt on Hit against lone enemies with 3 or more allies within 2m) is universal

Lover's Embrace : Lover's Quarrel (33% chance to apply Frenzy to self on scoring Crit) is universal

Sun and Moon : Lunar and Solar Excellence (5% chance to repeat Frost or Fire attack) is universal

Sanguine Greatsword : Thirsty Blade and Parched Blade (20% and 30% miss-to-graze) is universal

Oathbreaker's End Found Guilty (and Innocent) (Raw damage to nearby ennemies on scoring kill on ennemy under the Scale of Justice effect) is universal

Frostfall : Dispersed Suffering (+20% duration of hostile effects on nearby enemies on scoring Kill) work with other equipped weapon (and his abilities)

Dire Talon Tooth and Claw ( +10 cc and damage against beast) is universal

Aamiina Legacy : Slayer of Beasts (+10 Accuracy and damage against Beasts) is universal

The Spine of Thicket Green : Purge Decay (+5 acc against Vessels) is universal

Wicked Beast : Wild Heart (+15% damage against Beasts) is universal

Amaliorra : Ash and Dust (+10 acc against Vessels) is universal

Amaliorra : Innevitable Decay (+20% damage against Vessels) is universal

Whispers of Yenwood : Soul Cutter (+20% Damage and +15 Acc against Spirits) is universal

Xoti's Sickle : Soul Reaper (+5% sickle Damage until combat end on scoring Kill (stacks 4 times) (increases with Religion skill) on any kill

The link to the original thread

I said "complete" but it is possible I missed something else.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

GREAT POST !!!

Is there any of them that sounds broken in your opinion 🤨 ?

Maybe these ones, especially with pulstating spells :

Sungrazer : Return Orbit (10% chance to recover instantly on scoring hit) is universal

Scordeo Edge : Double Strike (5% chance to recover instantly on scoring hit) is universal 

The later is also a bit weird if it doesn't apply to upgraded versions.

Other than that, I would say "Shut up it's magic" (Except Crossbows but BPM and maybe CP already corrected it)

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Elric Galad said:

Scordeo Edge : Double Strike (5% chance to recover instantly on scoring hit) is universal 

The later is also a bit weird if it doesn't apply to upgraded versions.

Yes, Tempest and Blade Cascade only proc from Scordeo's Edge hits!

Return Orbit and Double Strike are cool with VenomBloom since there is 3 rolls per ennemies per pulses :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Yes, Tempest and Blade Cascade only proc from Scordeo's Edge hits!

Return Orbit and Double Strike are cool with VenomBloom since there is 3 rolls per ennemies per pulses :)

Yeah, I don't want to use your experimentations as pointers for BPM nerfs in general, but I do think these 2 should go (also Scordeo's is unconsitent). They don't even need specific combos. I will spare the -1AR crush on Crit though. And BPM nerfs are individually easy to remove anyway.

Funny thing that you're conctantly  trying to break the game while I'm trying to unbreak it 😉

We really sound like cosmologic opponents.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Haha 2

Amaliorra is probably the strongest here were it not for the fact that the only vessels you fight after that point are pretty much just some DLC enemies, Dorudugan and maybe the Guardian of Ukaizo if it counts. Whispers of Yenwood is obviously also quite powerful but ghosts and blights are super rare in this game.

Also Pukestabber is kind of working as intended, since the game does actually state that the bonus applies to daggers in general. I wonder what would happen if you dual wielded 2 of Xoti's sickles by importing one of them through a custom character.

Edited by NotDumbEnough

17 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I wonder what would happen if you dual wielded 2 of Xoti's sickles by importing one of them through a custom character.

The bonus is caped to 4 stacks, even if you equip two Sirkles.

17 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Whispers of Yenwood is obviously also quite powerful but ghosts and blights are super rare in this game.

The damage bonus is cool for spells since only firearms, Veilpiecer and Beza's Blade give full damage and can crit a Spirit. 

2 hours ago, Kaylon said:

I tried to trigger Return Orbit/Double Strike while shooting with a blunderbuss and it doesn't seem to work

Actually that work, my beguiler skipped 10 consecutives recovery time with big AoE spells the second time I tried. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Actually that work, my beguiler skipped 10 consecutives recovery time with big AoE spells the second time I tried. 

Kaylon speaks about Blunderbuss and you about spells.

I will check the gamedata files. It often helps a lot.

Additional guess : it might work with blunderbuss, but not for each pellet. This would explain why Kaylon haven't seen any instant recovery on an unlucky small sample.

Yes absolutely : the Attackfilter for the proc and the recovery are the same : no specific ID for the attack that is attached, no range and no source. In comparaison, the Static Charge from Lord Darryn's Voulge have no range and no source, but the ID attached to the attack from Lord Darryn's Voulge. That explain why a "spell" from Gathering Storm add a Static charge on hit, but not the same spell casted manually by the wearer.

3 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I wonder what would happen if you dual wielded 2 of Xoti's sickles by importing one of them through a custom character.

I tried this some time ago and the dmg bonus per kill gets not applied to both sickles. However, I only killed with the sickles, not with spells. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I tried also spells/scepter/mortar & Sungrazer (over 200 shots) without succes (melee hits with Sungrazer can proc Return Orbit even multiple times in a row). However Blunt Rock works very well (also in AoE with mortars). Double Strike from Scordeo's Edge works with spells/implements but has no effect on reload weapons.

32 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

I tried also spells/scepter/mortar & Sungrazer (over 200 shots) without succes (melee hits with Sungrazer can proc Return Orbit even multiple times in a row). However Blunt Rock works very well (also in AoE with mortars). Double Strike from Scordeo's Edge works with spells/implements but has no effect on reload weapons.

Gamedata files confirm that there are no filters for both of these weapons.

However, Scordeo's Double Strike set recovery to zero while Return Orbit instantly negates next recovery. This is NOT the same implementation. I have no clear idea why the effect is different but I suspect that Return Orbit doesn't work if the Recovery doesn't start exactly when the attack is rolled. So probably NO to all ranged weapon (because projectile travel time). Should work if paired with a melee weapon and for CERTAIN spells. This is the most likely hypothesis.

Anyway I nerfed them both for my mod 😉 

3 hours ago, Kaylon said:

I had a similar problem when I was trying to hobble myself to proc Blessed by the Void (Frostfall enchantment) : that worked when Frostfall was in main hand but no in offhand. Yet, Dispersed Suffering from the same weapon is applied whatever the equipped hand. I dont know why. 

When I was testing Return Orbit, I got Sungrazer in main hand, that periodically skip my recovery in course when Venombloom pulsed.

15 hours ago, Kaylon said:

Then, the reload animation seems to upset the skip, and for me that work as the same you find : Scordeo's Double Strike work well (except for reloading) (whatever the equipped hand) but not Sungrazer's Return Orbit. I think in my precvious test, that worked because I equipped both weapons. It is hard to remember correctely since I tryed a lot of things last week.

• 3 months later...

Been playing with a Sharpshooter dual wielding Current's Rush and Frostfall. Interestingly I'm noticing Frostfall's Frozen affliction being applied to targets that I am very obviously not hitting in melee, so it must be with the Scepter. But I also don't see it proccing off of my basic attacks with the scepter. I believe it is proccing off of the on crit AOE attack of Current's Rush.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, Elric Galad said:

GREAT POST !!!

Is there any of them that sounds broken in your opinion 🤨 ?

Not really, but something that is always bothering me is that the universal on kill effect of engoliero is lost when taking the soul blade upgrade. So in my opinion it should still be working universally when taking the upgrade (or not work at all but it’s supposed to be a mighty weapon so I guess it’s ok).

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, Bosmer said:

Not really, but something that is always bothering me is that the universal on kill effect of engoliero is lost when taking the soul blade upgrade. So in my opinion it should still be working universally when taking the upgrade (or not work at all but it’s supposed to be a mighty weapon so I guess it’s ok).

Not exactly,

The Soul Blade mod does not affect the On Kill event. It is just raw damages. It is not related to Cruel Blade (except you can't have it at the same time as the upgrade "Ghost Blade").

It Ghost Blade on Kill that is universal while Cruel Blade is not. Which is a bit unfair for the alternate upgrade.
So I'll make Cruel Blade universal, for the reason you named.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2022 at 2:28 AM, NotDumbEnough said:

Been playing with a Sharpshooter dual wielding Current's Rush and Frostfall. Interestingly I'm noticing Frostfall's Frozen affliction being applied to targets that I am very obviously not hitting in melee, so it must be with the Scepter. But I also don't see it proccing off of my basic attacks with the scepter. I believe it is proccing off of the on crit AOE attack of Current's Rush.

The other Frostfall upgrades doesnt work with another weapon, but can proc on Dispersed Suffering attack, wich can proc on any weapon kill. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Other new find :

Stelgaer's Rage (+1 pen on hit for 8s, stack 3 times, upgrade for barbarian) is universal and stack with other Pen bonuses.

What is universal ? Can you get the PEN bonus from any hit ? Or does the bonus PEN apply to any attack ? Or both ?

• 3 weeks later...

I tried testing Sungrazers Return Orbit and didn't find much success. Scordeo's Edge Double Strike works as you would expect but Sungrazer did not. I tested various things for it including Freezing Pillar and Mind Plague for lots of hits (hits with afflictions, damage etc) and didn't get it to proc. Blunt Rock did proc however.