sup guys,

once u enter the white void for do the quests of souls on boW any way out without kill the damn dragon?

im on hard+upscaled, she shows as whte with 3 skulls, party level 20, and well....cant manage get her below badly hurt.

the fight was going on for over 15 20 minutes with no end...she cant kill my herld, but she dont die either....

the chant dealing raw dmg is on, upgraded sworn enemy for the dot is on, but she just spam lengrath and concelhaut corrosive + some purple ray, and regenerate.

i even went afk for 10 min came back still at badly injured...at some point runnning out of zeal too and ending up dying after forever struggle.

and this is veteran+up-scaled, how on earth ppl manage kill her on potd or potd+upscale...her life never goes down below like badly hurt...geez.

party is fassina aloth eder xoti, so i have lot of fire and raw damage, but that just get to badly injure then her corrosive syphon and abilty to leap on my backlines end up killing them leaving me alone or with eder only.

if use empowered firewalls or concelhaut acidic stuff is even worst and run out of ressources, even using chromatic stuff or the axe giving +2 fire power level to aloth. even tried with chant giving fire dmg to all and summons which she wipe like paper...

her armor rating always 18-22 for my pene 12 on eder with legendary sable...pointless say i dont hit much dmg. how are u suposed get more pene if even with legendary sabre cant manage get over 12 13 vs foes with 18-22 ar all time...and i dont mention lengrath. sabre i use have a lowering ar stuff but it dont seem to work or proceed enough...

this dragon is getting on my nuts...i dont want lower difficulty, but my only other save is start of BOW...wud need re-do all if i want og back do sss or fs first -.-. sucks

ideas?

thanks

With Aloth and using Ryngrim's enervating terror (or inflict Terrified by another way), because Necriscylas is resistant to Resolve affliction, he will be Fightened and then cant use hostile spells like corrosive siphon. Necriscylas is not immune or resistant to constitution affliction, so if you find a manner to Enfeebled him, no healing. But Weakened is good otherwise (-50% healing) and you have a chant for this (Cons. afflictions are often vs. Fortitude but no in the case of Ryngrim's enervating terror, vs will) . So dumb his will can be determinant for the fight and with your party you get some useful tools for that.

Because with fightened he stay able to cast Llengrath's safeguard, Arcane dampener or other things that reduce beneficials effects are really good also. Arcane Dampener is against will, too.

I hope I help you

• Like 1

hi,

well xoti have level 4 priest spell inflicting terrified, butit has no effect on the dragon, he is resistant to resolve afflictions and terrified is one no ? at least according to the wiki. or its her accuracy the issue.

like a moron i sold all unused grimoires so guess not much in my bag or stash allowing to cast dampener or ryngrind...though i think i seen a weapon inflicting dampener on hit but unsure if i didnt sell it....

meh i feel like an idiot now...im new to game so some aspect i didnt totally beat into my head yet...

guess stupid me should restart whole Bow dlc as no way exit now the fight...except lowering dicculty but unsure if that will work? if i lower now will i be able put it back to hard upscaled after ? or maybe i just untick upscaled and hope it suffise...

but thanks for the advice regarding the terrified/frightened

any tips for the ar issues?

thanks again

1 hour ago, Panda Baby said:

well xoti have level 4 priest spell inflicting terrified, butit has no effect on the dragon, he is resistant to resolve afflictions and terrified is one no ? at least according to the wiki. or its her accuracy the issue.

Divine Terror only Frightened, decreased to Shaken, so not the desired effect that you want!

But you can use some weapons to inflict similars effects : I think about Last word and Vielpiercer. This one is the perfect bow for two problems : that reduce beneficials effects on hit AND Disruptive arrow disable actives abilities for a few time. Street Sweeper' Out with the Good is cleaning 10s of beneficials effects on hit, and Glacierbane from this DLC suspend them for 6s on crit. It is a minor version of Arcane Dampener, and like for this, suspended effects will resume when the spell is over.

If you find the Skaen Effigy's husk, on bloodied that prevent healing for ennemies and I think there is no hit-roll (not sure). Combined to Weakened that can help too.

Aloth and Fassina are multiclasses? If they are not, as Wizard they can petrify, downgraded in Paralysed. If Fassina is multiclassed with druid, she have acces to Embrace of the Earth Talon wich petrify also.

I have no idea to Enfeebled Necriscylas with your party.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 2

you mean the effect of  "resist affliction" only downgrades the afficlition? like petrify to para or fright to shaken? didnt know.

well i didnt have much luck so far with the rolls, and that doggo have so much hp takes forever, guess i need keep try save the petrify spells for when its lower hp and try finish it then or stop her buffs.

alot solo class, fessina multi. i have the icebreakers yh

not the perfect stuffs but thanks to all this precious advice maybe i can figure something out with my junks. thx

• Like 1

Neriscyrlas is weak to crush/fire and her low defenses are deflection/reflex. Firebrand (from scrolls) + Ring of Focused Flame can hit her very hard. Melee fighters should use maces/flails/quarterstaffs/morning stars (Sungrazer upgrade lowers her crush AR permanently), while ranged should equip scepters. Veilpiercer bow can be used to purge her buffs once. Use food to increase penetration, the Blackened plate can also lower her AR, try also to flank her... Your herald should use Ancient Memory and Aefyllath if you lack damage or Old Siec if you need more healing. Summon the animated weapons to distract her and to help you flank her. Xoty with a quarterstaff and Instruments of Pain can deal great crush damage at range. Aloth + Fassina should use every fire/missile spell just to finish her because you don't have brilliant inspiration to restore your resources. 

• Like 1

yup i will definitly try use that ancient+aef,  but according to tooltip in game he seem to have some crush damage resist when 0 to slash no?

i got sungrazer and will put it on eder yup, her high ar stay problematic but i will use expose vulnerabilites ofr interupt.

time check my foods too.  thats all good advice

40 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

yup i will definitly try use that ancient+aef,  but according to tooltip in game he seem to have some crush damage resist when 0 to slash no?

i got sungrazer and will put it on eder yup, her high ar stay problematic but i will use expose vulnerabilites ofr interupt.

time check my foods too.  thats all good advice

Her high AR come from Llengrath's Safeguard (+5).

With Aloth you are probably able to summon the Caedebald's Blackbow, that terrtifie on hit, I forgot to say. If after summoning the weapon, you summon an essential Phantom, he will get the bow too, like an insurance to leave frightened the dragon. Aloth can also Arcane Cleanse Necriscylas when he is safeguarded, to purge the +20 all def. and +5 AR.

haha that works if u wasnt stupid like me and didnt sell all grimoirs but one u use 😄 , i understimated the mechanics of interupt and dampeners or such in this game.

the dlc is not very long so i dont mind restart it for a chance to go back buy back stuff i sold like a moron

• Like 1

yup concelhaut grimoire cud come in handy with his crushing stuff, good i sold all books to same merchant.

will definitly respec some caracters etc for make my party more prepared for this encounter and restart the dlc

i need aproche the game more like WoW with interupts and dispels thant simple aoe mono whackin like poe 1 had.

im having a blast have my ass kicked here due to mechnics, it make feel every spells usefull , or such.

her AR tho even without lengrath is at 17-18,

how you guys fight high ar targets with only 12 13 pene weapons? if the debuffs run out

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

how you guys fight high ar targets with only 12 13 pene weapons? if the debuffs run out

Debuff her AR, buff your PEN, focus damage type on her lowest AR, supplement with Raw DMG when possible. Essentially.

Think about the wizard spell expose vulnerabilities for example, and a number of Chanter invocations, cipher powers, Druid spells… and of course the uber Sunder Armor if you have a SC fighter. Flanked also reduce AR. Oh and Beza’s toothed blade. Use certain weapon modals also. You have lots of options to overcome AR vs PEN gap. 

grr managed kill her but right before die she kileld eder....i wouldent mind so much but impossible loot his body s i got teleported out...

this is some serious bull**** design flaw, being unable loot fallen companion items cus the place teleport u...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ok finally killed her again. thanks to whoever sugested sungrazer and some scrolls.

ray on fire scrolls and eder bell interupts + ^pene potions definitly made it

thanks guys managed od it on veteran upscaled thanks to u love u

important note tho : the chant suposed strip concentration DOES NOT work at all. ive been chanting all combat long and her concentrtaion never went below 4 until i used interupts

Edited by Panda Baby

27 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

important note tho : the chant suposed strip concentration DOES NOT work at all. ive been chanting all combat long and her concentrtaion never went below 4 until i used interupts

This is because 1: the chant itself doesnt remove concentration but prevent to generate new one concentration layer ; the chant can eventually interrupt but if combined with tiers3 might inspiration (theit champion ... invocation at pl6 for chanter) only on crit or eventually with Deadeye (drug) or Potion of impediment on hit (and the Azure blade, thanks Thelee) ; the hit-roll is against will and Necriscylas' will is, like her fortitude, high, and even more when buffed by Llengrath's safeguard.

But there are some others ways to interrupt her.

ah i see

the level 1 wiz spell nd eder bell worked wonders.

rymgrand was so easy to kill after that its a shame

is there a way keep the portal open without acceptin a deal with him?

but i have a major issue now all merchants in town after killing rymgrand and portal closing no more wanna sell or talk to me at all !

i sold most my stuffs to them esp grimoires and now i cant buy it back ? what the heck?

Edited by Panda Baby

oh well...sucks

ofc since after helping them all refused sell me stuff and treated me like  a bad guy...i decided to kill everyone in the village ^^

ungratful folks serves them well lol

but i didnt mean to kill him i accidentqlly saved over the save before the fight and couldent go back.

Edited by Panda Baby
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

This is because 1: the chant itself doesnt remove concentration but prevent to generate new one concentration layer

this is not true

the "immunity to concentration" effect will immediately strip neriscyrlas of all layers of concentration, same with any other target with concentration. if it only prevented new concentration layers, it would be a *terrible* chant

the only thing i can suggest is that it targets will, and you may not have been able to surmount ner's will defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thelee said:

this is not true

the "immunity to concentration" effect will immediately strip neriscyrlas of all layers of concentration, same with any other target with concentration. if it only prevented new concentration layers, it would be a *terrible* chant

the only thing i can suggest is that it targets will, and you may not have been able to surmount ner's will defense.

ah i see, guess i was just very unlucky then, especilly her will was lowered as eder was usng sun grazer.

but what surprised me in this fight was effectiveness of some scrolls and potions. esp the ray of fire scroll. used 2 maelstorm scrolls and was shock of the damage that stuff output too, using BpM and CP was expecting some OP scrolls to be a bi t tuned down

1 hour ago, thelee said:

this is not true

😮 I though that because of the unclear description : "immunity to concentration attacks". I should read the wiki description.