Tech Tv and E3

Quiquag

Why are all the video game shows on tech tv still showing "live footage" from E3? The stupid G4 shows all seem to have ex MTV hosts with the IQs of almonds, and the hosts know nothing about video games. Also explain why the KOTOR2 footage lasted like 8 seconds where the stupid backyard wrestling game got about 4 minutes.....RIP Tech Tv.

I also am dissapointed to see what has happened to techtv. TechTV was a great network with everything about tech in it. The new network, G4techtv is almost all reruns of 6 month old gaming shows and E3 reruns.

The G4 shows have a lower prodution value and horrible hosts.

There is more talant on WB's Superstar, and CSpan is more entertaining than G4.

I think you are supposed to read his signature.. It's not spam.

Actually, now that I think about it. Member number 1300+ and 700+ posts and you dare accuse anyone of spamming?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm taking the "Darque"-stance.

I'm not a spammer. I'm a conversationalist. My posts don't consist of two words, or a single smiley. I've seen plenty of those. I've seen people put up 30 quick posts without saying a single thing.

I post more than anyone here, however I try to have content in my posts.

Same here mostly. Though; i do have my share of short spammy posts.

Lots of posts doesn't = spam. It depends on the post. I do spam (as do others0; but most of the high number posters don't usually spam. Besdies, posts in off topic don't count to posts anyways. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't see any smileys signifying a sarcastic or facetious tone.

Perhaps my comments did actually wound you. I'm not trying to single you out specifically. I just happen to respond to comments on a case-by-case basis as I see them.

In retrospect, I haven't seen you spam in other threads. Perhaps that's not your M.O.

I just get frustated by the amount of single or two-word posts on the forum.

You wound me ender...

Better develop thicker skin, ender is extremely polite compared to some of the guys around here.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

You wound me ender...

Better develop thicker skin, ender is extremely polite compared to some of the guys around here.

TripleRRR

Aye, like me for example. :p

As for the state of TechTV, one of my friends said that it shall return to normal June 28, but I think it may just be wishful/prophetic/utopian thinking. They cancelled Call for Help, one of their startup shows, and one of my favorites, one of the only media outlets I've ever seen that had the bawls to praise emulation. <sobs>

They also cancelled (to my knowledge), Wired for Sex, Future Fighting Machines, multiple other fringe, yet excellent programs. What we're left with is X-Play, which I've always viewed, as that's an actually GOOD gaming show (Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are QUALITY hosts!), The Screen Savers (Thank Gott they had the brains not to cancel THAT!), Tech Live, and Unscrewed, which while it may be funny, is really perverted, and has next to nothing to do with Technology. <_< I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they did this, I used to be able to watch it 24/7 with the exclusion of Robot Wars (Of course they had to keep that abominable Battle Bots clone! :lol: ), but now I'm just disgusted with most of it. Players?!! WTF?!! :angry:

As for the state of TechTV, one of my friends said that it shall return to normal June 28, but I think it may just be wishful/prophetic/utopian thinking. They cancelled Call for Help, one of their startup shows, and one of my favorites, one of the only media outlets I've ever seen that had the bawls to praise emulation. <sobs>

They also cancelled (to my knowledge), Wired for Sex, Future Fighting Machines, multiple other fringe, yet excellent programs. What we're left with is X-Play, which I've always viewed, as that's an actually GOOD gaming show (Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are QUALITY hosts!), The Screen Savers (Thank Gott they had the brains not to cancel THAT!), Tech Live, and Unscrewed, which while it may be funny, is really perverted, and has next to nothing to do with Technology. <_< I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they did this, I used to be able to watch it 24/7 with the exclusion of Robot Wars (Of course they had to keep that abominable Battle Bots clone! :lol: ), but now I'm just disgusted with most of it. Players?!! WTF?!! :angry:

Actually, Robot Wars continues, though it is not on as much. Tech Live is also gone. They have fired all the techtv staff, and are only rehiring around 75 (and forcing them to move to LA). Most of the hosts, Leo, Patrick, Jessica and Chris, for example, will not be seen on the new network, unless they come for a guest appearance.

The whole situation just pisses me off that I can't comment on it maturely.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The whole situation just pisses me off that I can't comment on it maturely.

Neither can anyone else, so why let that stop you?

Let Volourn lead the way!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

OK:

G4 is a shitcock.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I don't really care. All the shows I watched are still there, so screw it. The production values on some of those G4 shows are atrocious though. Not to mention they all seem laced with a heavy dose of cheese value. Like most of the posts around here. ;)