Hi everyone,

It is relatively well known that the Helm of the White Void can be very useful with its unique Rymrgand's Influence enchant, granting +10 Accuracy with Body Affliction / Mind Affliction attacks. What I didn't know was that the implementation of Rymrgand's Influence can be a little funky depending on the weapon/ability you use it with, which will be either very generous or not generous at all in granting the +10 ACC bonus. It doesn't necessarily depends on whether there are 2 rolls or just 1... it seems a bit more complicated than that. It can have really cool implications for certain builds, as I've discovered when doing a bit of testing. (note: I'm using the Community Patch)  :) 

The Bad: it is not very generous in granting +10ACC with weapon triggered Affliction effects: e.g. Sungrazer's Impacting, Griffin's Blade's Howling Blade, Effort's Hemmoraging... Either it won't apply at all, or just to the separate Affliction roll, not to the roll dealing damage.

The Good: it is however a lot more consistent and useful with martial abilities, whether they have 1 or 2 rolls. for example with Mule Kick, Power Strike, Lower Their Guard, Spirit Tornado's initial attack, Driving Roar... both the Affliction component and the Damage component get the +10 ACC anyway. Obviously, Ciphers and Chanters can also benefit quite a bit with a number of signature Affliction actives (e.g. Killer Froze Stiff, Ring Leader...) and passives as well (e.g. Long Night's Drink, Echoing Horror...).

The Amazing: BUT, I think that Wizards and Druids can benefit the most because they have a lot of very powerful AoE abilities mixing Damage + Affliction that can both get the +10ACC (!), and those powerful abilities often target FORT - so +10ACC is very helpful.

The list of verified Wizard/Druid abilities with dual Damage + Affliction components that get the +ACC bonus on ALL the rolls is actually amazing, see below. And of course on top you can add all the spells that "just" deal Afflictions and that also get the bonus!

• Wizard: Chillfog, Ghost Blades, Draining Touch, Noxious Burst, Shadowflame, Freezing Pillar, Bitter Mooring, Wilting Wind, Freezing Rake, Black Bow, Corrosive Skin.
  • Druid: Sunbeam, Vile Thorns, Returning Storm, Wicked Briars, Overwhelming Wave, Relentless Storm, Embrace of the Earth Talon, Plague of Insects, Venombloom.

Conclusion: If I think about a Sorcerer build like the Thundercat 2.0, the Helm can become an incredibly useful tool that I somehow overlooked before! It can also make SC wizard even more OP given how many devastating high level spells can benefit, as if SC Wizards needed more OP-ness....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

It can also make SC wizard even more OP given how many devastating high level spells can benefit, as if SC Wizards needed more OP-ness....

But then you'd have the tough choice to make, between HotWV and Rekvu's Fractured Casque 😪

• Haha 1

ICYMI: 

basically an interrupt build using helm of the white void. 

lot of explosives also benefit from helm of the white void (sparkcrackers, cinder bomb, the acid bomb, the lightning bomb, stun bomb, implosion bomb, imp spray, frost bomb)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

BTW, did you steal Shadowing Beyond from a hireling while confused, or did you steal it from a pirate cleric?

On the test char so far I used hirelings. Pirate clerics, maybe the encounter at the Wapau jungle is another easy way to steal it without using hirelings? Need to test it. EDIT: of course not, by definition you can’t do it solo…

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

Also just a quick note, in case it wasn't widely known, that Forbidden Fist gets the Accuracy bonus on both the Damage roll and the Enfeebled roll. Sweet!

And the same is true for Rogue attacks that have a secondary Affliction component ("if successful, then...") : tested with Arterial Strike, Gouging Strike, Toxic Strike, Sap of course Pernicious Cloud etc. both Damage rolls and Affliction rolls get +10 ACC.

EDIT: Also, the Helm gives +10 ACC to Thunderous Report, both Damage and Daze rolls.

• Like 2

It also gives +10 ACC to the roll that Spirit Frenzy's stagger effect does. No surprise, but cool. :) Also works for The Long Night's Drink. Therefore the Helm is kind of mandatory for my Howlers nowadays. :)  

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

It should also be noted that the paladin and fighter passives that give +20 defense against affliction attacks also work in a similar way.

Yes it's true and because they're passives, they work on top of everything else. A well-built, fully buffed Arcane Knight with Divine Purpose = incredible defense against any hard CC in the game. Except Charm/Dominate but Infuse with Vital Essence works as a counter for INT/CON Afflictions anyway; and you can also pick Mental Fortress.

• Like 1