"Our focus is more content driven then technology

Since content is going to be the major attration in KOTOR 2 i was hoping if the devs could elaborate.

For example I hope instead of having the locations all in one huge blocks what if on each planet there would be 5 places to fly the ebon hawk.

Devs if you can please post.

PS Is it just me is in this KOTOR 2 fourm have lack of substance. Go we have to wait 3 months for a new pic?!

I'm more worried about whether or not if the developers intends to impose exclusive contents on only a specific system while denying their counterparts the said content. I've never been a fan of such practices and am curious to see just exactly what direction the developers are planning to take with this announcement.

Huh ? I think you got it all wrong.

Without knowing the context of this quote I believe they meant that they will focus on story and character interaction and less on technological advancement like adding new flashy effects.

If they were going for substance then they would allow non-jedi/furce user PCs instead of forcing the gamer to play munchkin characters. I mean how much "substance" can a game have when the focus is on munchkin gaming?

Would you give it a rest already?

If you haven't realized by now that Star Wars has always been about Jedi and the Force?

You seriously need to find a different game if all you're going to do is bitch and moan because players are "forced" to use Jedi characters.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't need to wait and see for I already know. It will be no different than any other munchkin styled games that I have played, both computer and PnP. Boring and no challenge.

Then don't play the game. Or is Obsidian "forcing" you to buy it just like they're "forcing" you to play as a Jedi :)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you haven't realized by now that Star Wars has always been about Jedi and the Force?

Tell that to the authors of the Rogue Squadron and Han Solo series of novels. Tell that to the WotC and West End Games who published many non-jedi source books for their respective RPGs. :)

Then there you go. Go to the Rogue Squadron forums and post there all the time.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't understand why you CONSTANTLY post on a forum where they are making a game that apparently you hate. You CONSTANTLY repeat the same thing over and over and over and over (get my point?) without adding anything worthwhile to the discussion. You CONSTANTLY say how you hate the fact that KOTOR (and KOTOR2) are forcing the player to use Jedi, yet you stick around.

I just don't get it. There are a bunch of video games that I hated, which is why you'd never see me rack up 1000 posts on their forums. If you hate the premise for the game, why stick around to complain about the exact same thing? Hell, if you deleted every post of yours that mentions wanting to play as non-Jedi, or the word munchkin, you'd have probably a total of 2 posts on here.

If you like the company, then stay.

However, I echo the sentiments already expressed in that I tire of your repeated complaints about playing a Jedi. No one is twisting your arm to play KOTOR. Go play X-Wing or Rogue Squadron. Go table-top or play Galaxies. Options are available.

Your complaints aren't changing KOTOR. They only cause aggrivation.

I play CRPGs and not MMORPGs, FPS, and there has yet been a decent space combat sim done in the SW universe.

BLASPHEMY! :angry:

Tie Fighter was really good.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I play CRPGs and not MMORPGs, FPS, and there has yet been a decent space combat sim done in the SW universe.

BLASPHEMY! :angry:

Tie Fighter was really good.

Indeed. Tie Fighter was the first computer game I became addicted too. I had to have every gold medal in the training and do every mission. It was also the first game I ever bought.

Anywho, enough about me. I think the best way to enjoy a Star Wars game is to try to make the best out of it. The game is what you make it. If you can't allow yourself to be immersed into a Jedi character, then I guess you have very good reason to complain about having to play a Jedi.

I only have a Game CUbe. My roomie is thinking of getting an X-Box but that's his money to waste.

No decent Star Fighter sims on the Cube?!! :o What about all three Rogue Squadron games? I heard the last one got some excellent ratings. I played the demo for the first one back when the Cube was brand new, and it was quite hard to distinguish the GFX from the movie, and you obviously aren't going to be fussing about interface like I would since you intend to play it on a console with a joypad anyway. ;)

I don't have a great love for the Rouge Squadron series, but the third certainly looks the best and provides the greatest challenge.

And while I love my PS2, and like my GC I find it hard to deny the greatness that is the X-Box.

A fine processor, a beautiful progressive scan image, HDTV support, a built in HDD, and a better DVD player than the PS2 make it a fine piece of hardware.

Did I mention built in network support, built in four controller support and the ability to download music to the HDD of your X-Box and integrate that into certain games?

The only question to ponder is whether or not X-Box titles appeal to you. They are fewer than PS2 titles, but I think there are some good X-Box games out there.

I don't anticipate booting up the GC again until I buy Mario Sunshine, Double Dash or Zelda. The jury remains out on Crystal Chronicles.

I haven't tried them. Sofar I am mostly using my GC to play the RE series of games. Wing Commander series was my style of Space combat sims.

Damn EA for buying out and ruining Origin.

I would love to see another Wing Commander game.

Wing Commander 6 was written and ready to go into development. Mark Hammil was going to reprise his role as Chris Blair, we would have control of the Iceman's son, and the two were going to battle each other in the final mission.

Blair wasn't killed at the end of WC5, but taken to the Nephilum's home dimension and "recruited."

Origin is no more.

I heard EA considered reviving Privateer as a MMO game. But I doubt that will happen. Other than maintaining Ultima Online, and it's new incarnation Ultima X: Odyssee, the Origin properties are all quite dead.