56 minutes ago, yorname said:

Ah I completely misunderstood you earlier... I adviced on a weaker weapon because I thought you were open to letting the caster keep it so that it's more consistent between caster and phantom. If that's not the case, should the phantom be allowed to keep it just because it already did, but the whole interaction is clearly unintended and counter-intuitive? I think it's important that it behaves the same way on caster and phantom if only for the reason of consistency.

Nope, it's good like this.

It can't be removed from phantom without changing the nature of the spell. Which I don't want to do. 

The named problem is solved and the issue is closed.

EDIT : yup, sorry if it's a bit rude, but I'll appreciate if you keep in mind the BPM objective : to be the closest possible from original game, even if it implies a few (non grambreaking) weirdness here and there. Deviating might improve some aspects, but I consider it as intresically bad (for the mod purpose of course). That's what the solution above tries to do and I'll appreciate a review about it.

Now I'm going to release the new BPM version soon, so I'll appreciate a few weeks pause before your next suggestion (It doesn't mean they are useless, pointing Concelhaut Draining Touch was right). Unless they are bugs of course.

Edited by Elric Galad

Speaking about it, here is the new version :

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

I have spent a bit too much time in recent weeks working on the mod, so I'll appreciate receiving a little less suggestion until mid october (maybe that's just me putting pressure on myself, and lacking self-discipline for priorities but still).

Of course, bugs are bugs, so this one you can tell.

And feel free to keep your suggestions in mind for later.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:02 PM, yorname said:

I completely forgot about this one lol. Is it additive together with intellect bonus?

I had an effect of 30s base extended to 43.5s by INT on tooltip, and when applied to enchanter I got 46.5s, so I think this is additive.

Hey Elric I have new suggestions !

Sorry just joking, thanks a lot for the update, and take some time to relax.

In fact I just wanted to highlight two bugs, or unwanted effects.

- Watcher ability "No Time for the Lost" : -10 secs Duration of hostile effects, +10 sec Duration of Beneficial Effects, does not seem to work with cipher spell "Borrowed Instinct" duration.

It should increase the duration time of the Beneficial effect on the cipher, and increase the hostile effect on the ennemy, but it does the complete opposite.

The beneficial effect duration is reduced, and so is the hostile one.

- Una vendor: this one, not sure if it is a bug:

She just does not show up in Neketaka  where she is supposed to at the end of the game.

The wiki says she will disappear if The Final Maneuver is active, which I find silly, as it means she basically becomes unavailable at the end of the game, since you don't always want to choose a side untill you finish everything in the game as it can have bad consequences.

Spoiler

(as loosing companions like Maia or Pallegina)

and end game is when you need Una's shop the most.

According to some people, she comes back once you choose a side, but I tried and she did not, even during the day at 12, or at dusk.

Maybe you need to go deeper into the final faction quest for her to come back, but I really don't want to go into that right now, and If it's not bug it's bad design to me, and makes no sense story or lore wise.

Spoiler

Unless it was made for a reason with assassinate the queen quest from Ruautai, to avoid Una to die ? Then again they should make her disapear only after you accept the The Final Maneuver quest and agree to kill the queen.

The quest does show up in the journal before you accept to kill the queen, but I think Una should not disappear before you accept to kill the queen from Hazanui Karū.

13 hours ago, SenSx said:

She just does not show up in Neketaka  where she is supposed to at the end of the game.

The wiki says she will disappear if The Final Maneuver is active, which I find silly, as it means she basically becomes unavailable at the end of the game, since you don't always want to choose a side untill you finish everything in the game as it can have bad consequences.

According to some people, she comes back once you choose a side, but I tried and she did not, even during the day at 12, or at dusk.

Maybe you need to go deeper into the final faction quest for her to come back, but I really don't want to go into that right now, and If it's not bug it's bad design to me, and makes no sense story or lore wise.

I put together a script that'll fixes the issue. My guess is the designers for that area were just being over cautious. Most other NPCs in that area only get disabled when the quest is started proper.

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 1

Hey guys, i dunno if its reported before, but i have a problem with Xoti's Holy Radiance skill. It shows to have 999 uses, but it can only be used 1 time in battle. The problem is when Xoti tries to do it automatically - first time is ok, but she tries second time in the same battle and get stuck on casting animation.

On 9/14/2024 at 12:39 PM, SenSx said:

Hey Elric I have new suggestions !

Sorry just joking, thanks a lot for the update, and take some time to relax.

In fact I just wanted to highlight two bugs, or unwanted effects.

- Watcher ability "No Time for the Lost" : -10 secs Duration of hostile effects, +10 sec Duration of Beneficial Effects, does not seem to work with cipher spell "Borrowed Instinct" duration.

It should increase the duration time of the Beneficial effect on the cipher, and increase the hostile effect on the ennemy, but it does the complete opposite.

The beneficial effect duration is reduced, and so is the hostile one.

Might be specific to Transferred effects. Quite a bit specific I guess.

On 9/14/2024 at 12:39 PM, SenSx said:

Reveal hidden contents

(as loosing companions like Maia or Pallegina)

Reveal hidden contents

Unless it was made for a reason with assassinate the queen quest from Ruautai, to avoid Una to die ? Then again they should make her disapear only after you accept the The Final Maneuver quest and agree to kill the queen.

The quest does show up in the journal before you accept to kill the queen, but I think Una should not disappear before you accept to kill the queen from Hazanui Karū.

Well-known annoying stuff

On 9/15/2024 at 2:03 AM, Kvellen said:

I put together a script that'll fixes the issue. My guess is the designers for that area were just being over cautious. Most other NPCs in that area only get disabled when the quest is started proper.

Thanks !! I'll put it in next version (with credits) if you allow me. 

On 9/15/2024 at 11:18 AM, Kelstrom said:

Hey guys, i dunno if its reported before, but i have a problem with Xoti's Holy Radiance skill. It shows to have 999 uses, but it can only be used 1 time in battle.

It has a cooldown of 90s, so yeah, only 1 time in most battle.

On 9/15/2024 at 11:18 AM, Kelstrom said:

The problem is when Xoti tries to do it automatically - first time is ok, but she tries second time in the same battle and get stuck on casting animation.

I guess it is a side effect of the tweak. I think it would be hard to fix...

On 9/15/2024 at 11:23 AM, SenSx said:

Thanks a lot Kvellen, it worked great Una is back, and it's retroactive.

Thank you for testing !