The Outer Worlds Patch 1.1 Release Notes

Greetings fellow spacers,

We want to let you all know that our Patch 1.1.1.0 has been released for all platforms! This is a hot fix patch to address some top community issues that have come in since the launch of the game.

Resolved Issues for Patch 1.1.1.0:

Top Community Requests:

• The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
  • Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.

Audio

• Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4

Design:

• The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along

Quests

• Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
  • Fix for "Radio Free Monarch" where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party

General:

• Edit: Foliage on the Xbox One X now is now closwer in parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4/Pro. This does not affect Xbox One base or S models.
  • The achievement/trophy for "It's Not the Best Choice" will pop correctly

To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please visit the Technical Support forums for The Outer Worlds and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it to help reduce duplicate threads. If you find a thread that matches your issue or suggestion, then please feel free to leave a comment and include any details you would like to share.

If you are not able to find a similar thread, then please share it with us on our forums and then visit our publishing partner, Private Division, and share this issue with them through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and please continue to share with us anything you come across. You all are amazing, and we are very lucky to have you here with us.

please fps bug and studders  a simple google search can show you how many of us are having this problem.....i appreciate the patch but i dont know that Obsidean has addressed this issue. My rig is way above the recommended specs also.... i have locked fps in game to 60 to minimize the issue but it is still there prominently . even putting settings to low does not solve the issue. studdering and fps drop  is REALLY bad when standing still and looking around. it seems to be a game engine issue. Thank you in advance for looking into this. This game is what fallout 76 should have been . i really loved fallout new Vegas and think you guys are the best in the genre.... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Edited by corndog1836

Hi all!

I made some edits to the post to better organize it and be more clear on what issues were fixed with this patch. There is just a hotfix patch and we do have another one coming, so if you have issues that are here and they haven't been reported yet, please let us know. If your issues have already been reported, we'll have a list of what to expect in the next patch out to you all as soon as we nail down everything that will be going in. We appreciate you patience and hope you enjoy the game!

• Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Hey team - thanks for the update.

I'm a little confused, I'm on Xbox and the quest "Don't Bite The Sun" still gets botched when I talk to Parvati. She hasn't been dead the whole time (I'm playing on hard) and I had a few saves that I held on to to knock out her last quest because it would botch any time I tried to help her with her quest pre-patch and I would like to get the completing all of the companion quests achievement. Even when I leave the ship it remains botched. 

This to me doesn't feel like a fix and more like a work-around, but I may be wrong. Are you guys going to fix the bug so we can play that last quest and not have to do an entire new playthrough? Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leferd said:

This may sound silly, but how do I get the patch? I'm on Game Pass for PC.

Go to windows store, click the 3 dots by your account icon thingy, choose updates, check for updates, download 1.8gb outer worlds patch!   

this patch seems to sort the "stuck at press any key screen" issue on PC (gamepass /windows store version) ?  It tries to connect to Xbox live, the press any key disappears and you're stuck at that screen listening to the music! After patch this issue, for me, is fixed! AND achievements I had unlocked but hadn't received due to bug, have now popped up! Yay!

Edited by Richard Eastwood
Changed info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leferd said:

This may sound silly, but how do I get the patch? I'm on Game Pass for PC.

42 minutes ago, StarSword said:

Ditto. I bought from the Windows Store and my version number is still reading 1.0.369.0.

Windows Store wasn't showing the patch so I just assumed it wasn't out until I saw this post.  After that I looked at the game in the Windows Xbox App and all of a sudden that said "update available" which i could launch from the Xbox app:

image.thumb.png.3b1e8505bd0d01275bafc68d14524994.png

• Thanks 1

wait, this is it? is this a joke? a checkbox (not even a slider) for stuff that is mostly voiced anyway?

half of the text in the game is still tiny - especially the text that is not voiced and you actually have to read.

i am sitting 3 meters away from a 40 inch flatscreen and i still have trouble reading messages, notes, wanted posters, logs, item descriptions, stats etc. without getting my eyes fatigued.

by the way, terminal log are not easier to read, only the navigation option are.

pretty disappointing considering i waited 2 weeks for this, hoping i could play the outer worlds without my eyes hurting.

what a shame, seems to be a pretty amazing game otherwise

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dan H said:

Quests

• Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest

Can more detail be given on this?

Specifically as the companion death bug can be separate from their respective quests and it was stated as "Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova" within the "Coming Soon" topic.

For example, I did Parvati's quest with no issue, then when I finished the game, I was given a "Parvati did not survive the journey" message.

Then read online about ladders killing companions (well... triggering their death flag), reloaded a save that I knew would have been before that as her companion quest was never failed, so I knew that would be a safe area to load in. Then after watching all the companions closely both in-ship and out to make sure they weren't on ladders during dialogue, was able to get to the correct end-slide.

So I want to be sure that the ladder-issue is resolved as it is a pretty major one that affects more than just the quests.

Edited by xSean
  • Like 2

"Don't bite the Sun" still botched. Didn't become unbotched. Parvati is listed as killed but can still be taken with as a companion off ship. I'm on the PS4, started out on Supernova, but changed that to Hard still really early in the game before even going to Edgewater and meeting any companions.

I waited patiently for two weeks for this patch where I didn't play the game. Really was enjoying it until this happened. Guess I'll have to not play it indefinitely. Thanks a lot.

This glitch sucks and is breaking immersion for me. I don't want to restart the game and the uncertainty that it happens again. I would like to keep going bec. I have no desire to restart and not sure how far back to go in order for this to work.

I know you guys(Obsidian developers) have a lot on your plate with the new IP and all, but it would be cool if you actually had a fix for a game you just released. So many people talking up how "bug free" this game is, when that's not at all the case. Granted it's not a game breaking bug where the game crashes constantly, but for me and, I'm sure plenty of other people, it's a major issue with an important character.

Idk how everyone else feels, but this isn't fun. I enjoy playing games that work.

I haven't felt so invested in a game before and so disappointed where I have reloaded save after save, tried to make it work but like clockwork the same glitch happens over and over again no matter what.

Any response would be appreciated.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how I feel about this update, it's almost made the game worse:

_

There are frame rate issues and stuttering now on Xbox One X, where there wasn't before..

Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4

Thanks, but perhaps this has introduced those stuttering issues on Xbox One X?

Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.

This doesn't actually increase the size of any of the fonts that people were having problems reading though..

It is the UI screen with the Character stats, Inventory, Quest Journal etc. that we struggled to read because it has a tiny font size. This doesn't fix that at all.

The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the levelmultiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level.

Why nerf weapons in a single player game? You've killed one of the best builds. It was extremely fun to 1-hit enemies on Supernova with a high Science & 2-Handed stats.

It wasn't the best weapon of choice, it was Spacer's Choice!

___

I noticed numbers added to dialogue options on Xbox One, like PC.

Why was this added? If anything it should be the ABXY buttons like Fallout as very few Xbox players use keyboards.

___

For the time being I have removed the patch and gone back to playing offline on the release day version as these new changes have made the game worse in some aspects of both gameplay and frame rate.

Let's hope the next patch fixes things.

Edited by SpacersChoice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Quest dont bite the sun still botched on PC.

Same as before the patch i go to her talk to her quest botch. 

Do i really need to wait again 2 weeks im kinda over it .

Im disappointed.

i can sent u my save game so you could look at it to finally fix it.

Edited by Weedbeast
fix your Game !
  • Like 1

Playing the PC version. Dialog responses all have number options next to them now, even though I'm playing with a controller. Didn't have this forced upon me, pre-patch :(

• Thanks 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

so is there going to be an increase to the font size in the menus? 

because that's still completely impossible to read, and it has made me actually quit playing the game because i literally can't read anything. all the text change did was change the subtitles...which are already voiced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yup, Parvati quest still botched.

I saved before talking to her and just put the game away until the patch arrived.

Now the game is patched, I load it up, talk to her, get the quest and she mysteriously still suddenly dies in mid-conversation in ship interior.

So... no change?

• Like 2