Weiser_Cain's Concepts

Old Skool Wheelman,

Please put me down as another person who talks to characters in their head. Though I don't remember ever having a conversation about blowing up hallways.

That makes three...

Thats 4, sort've. They seem to talk each other more than they talk to me. B)

What was I thinking? It's obvious you're a mature individual who can handle the responsibilites of being a father. Silly me.

Whoa, that's a little harsh. For instance, there are those of us who realize that we aren't financially or emotionally prepared (yet) for the responsibilities that go along with being a father. Which is why I'm abstinent. <_<

Damn me and my stupid rationality. :)

Old Skool Wheelman,

Please put me down as another person who talks to characters in their head. Though I don't remember ever having a conversation about blowing up hallways.

That makes three...

Thats 4, sort've. They seem to talk each other more than they talk to me. B)

That makes 12...

Still not done with it(got distracted with a personal project) but I was bored so I whipped up some quick textures for it.

Juhani_F1.jpg

I'm still using the original head because it's too nice to redo without a good reason and I'm on the fence about what changes would fit Juhani's character.

I did a little research and there's no reason why juhani cant have a full head of hair. With her built in streaks it's very tempting to do something drastic but again I don't want to get too far away from the character. I'll probably regret asking you this but what do you think? What hair style would you like to see?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

For instance, there are those of us who realize that we aren't financially or emotionally prepared (yet) for the responsibilities that go along with being a father. Which is why I'm abstinent. <_<

Damn me and my stupid rationality. ;)

;) Haven't you ever heard of a condom or maybe the pill? ;)

Cheers!

Still not done with it(got distracted with a personal project) but I was bored so I whipped up some quick textures for it.

Juhani_F1.jpg

I'm still using the original head because it's too nice to redo without a good reason and I'm on the fence about what changes would fit Juhani's character.

I did a little research and there's no reason why juhani cant have a full head of hair. With her built in streaks it's very tempting to do something drastic but again I don't want to get too far away from the character. I'll probably regret asking you this but what do you think? What hair style would you like to see?

Nah dont mess with the hair. The hairstyle really helps complete her look as a dominatrix. I do hope that is the look you were going for. :p

Batman wore a cape and cowl. Juhani has neither. Her costume is black because she's evil(ish) and this is Starwars. And while I was reading it Batman wore blue and gray then black and grey.

You know goth kids didn't invent wearing all black, I've been wearing all black for years now and I don't gel my hair or own a single ring.

Luke wears all black! Vader wears all black! Maul wears all black! The sith lord shown in the preview wears all black! I'm conforming to an established star wars archetype!

Only one person has said anything about hair! This is what I asked about! This is your chance to influence me!

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

... I don't think anyone cares that much, and I think they honestly see the look as similar to batman.

No, I don't know what it is, but I'm sure if you developed the costume more it might fade away. It's not THAT much like Batman, just a vague description of how we see it.

About the hair.... I dunno. Maybe make the beads darker??

It really doesn't matter, as long as it sets the right mood. I'm sure, if you want a really dramatic dark-side change or something, grown out hair that's really wild and ragged would fit. Maybe lots of sticky-up dreadlocks or something.

The batman thing.... does it have to do with the high heels(or high heeled boots, whatever)?? I dunno.

... I don't think anyone cares that much, and I think they honestly see the look as similar to batman.

No, I don't know what it is, but I'm sure if you developed the costume more it might fade away. It's not THAT much like Batman, just a vague description of how we see it.

About the hair.... I dunno. Maybe make the beads darker??

It really doesn't matter, as long as it sets the right mood. I'm sure, if you want a really dramatic dark-side change or something, grown out hair that's really wild and ragged would fit. Maybe lots of sticky-up dreadlocks or something.

The batman thing.... does it have to do with the high heels(or high heeled boots, whatever)?? I dunno.

Actually, I think it's more the chest plate, though the high heeled boots complement the Batgirl look rather nicely. :p

I really like the pictures. Then again, don't trust anything I say about art as I got a project that I worked months on rejected 8 consecutive times even when working my hardest to fix it. That was eighth grade also.

BTW, I kind of don't get people saying Juhani looks like a hooker and Candero's gun is too big.

1. Candero's big gun goes perfectly in character.

2. Juhani doesn't really look like a hooker to me (then again I haven't seen that many hookers in real life).

3. Why should we mind even if Juhani were dressed so.

2. Juhani doesn't really look like a hooker to me (then again I haven't seen that many hookers in real life).

Yeah perfectly in character if Canderous is a big dumb moronic soldier. But he isnt. Hes smart. Big gun doesn't equal tons of firepower in SW. Look at mira's wrist rocket launcher. He also gave him a bionic eye. How tired is that? How about instead he can just wear a frigging helmet. One with map overlays, Friend or FOe targeting systems, night vision, IR, built in radio link etc.

Well there ya go. You havent seen many. It has more to do with her ubiquiotous spandex clothing. And the fact he puts her in boots when Cathar really shouldnt use any footwear. But hey even Bioware made sure Bastila's orange clothing was nice and tight with ample endowments to accentuate. Male artists really need to get laid more. :lol:

I dont MIND. But he has put it in a public forum for comment. In which case its a matter of if we LIKE it. I wouldnt say its any worse than most unoriginal and uninspired artwork Ive seen in too many bad comics and games.

On Taris, what is Canderous? He's a collector/enforcer. A thug. Also from what we've seen of Canderous, he likes making things go boom (he's rather aggressive). He also uses HEAVY WEAPONS (big with big firepower). A huge gun gives firepower and sheer intimidation factor. That fits perfectly with the image he presents of himself (whether or not that's what he's really like).

Yeah perfectly in character if Canderous is a big dumb moronic soldier. But he isnt. Hes smart. Big gun doesn't equal tons of firepower in SW. Look at mira's wrist rocket launcher. He also gave him a bionic eye. How tired is that? How about instead he can just wear a frigging helmet. One with map overlays, Friend or FOe targeting systems, night vision, IR, built in radio link etc.

Well there ya go. You havent seen many. It has more to do with her ubiquiotous spandex clothing. And the fact he puts her in boots when Cathar really shouldnt use any footwear. But hey even Bioware made sure Bastila's orange clothing was nice and tight with ample endowments to accentuate. Male artists really need to get laid more. :lol:

I dont MIND. But he has put it in a public forum for comment. In which case its a matter of if we LIKE it. I wouldnt say its any worse than most unoriginal and uninspired artwork Ive seen in too many bad comics and games.

You bring up a good point.. Mira is using a ROCKET LAUNCHER, not a gun (different ends to the same means). I would also imagine If a small gun can do lots of damage a big one would be able to do more.

Since you bring up points from KOTOR, I'll bring up one you conveniently missed. Canderous came with a big gun that looked very silly. I think Weiser's interpretation to be a much better one.

As far as the bionic eye, what would you replace it with? A helmet is much more bulky and only extra advantage would be for protection (much more likely to get damaged). Glasses would get in the way much more, and well, a bionic eye just makes more sense, as long as the technology for it exists in the KOTOR universe.

I do think the breast plate on Juhani looks kinda funny though, it really doesn't go with the rest of her suit very well and looks out of place. And if you think she looks like a hooker, you have some strange tastes in hookers.

About the small gun/big gun. DUH. A grenade will do more damage in one shot than a powerful rifle (can't think of type now). You use a bad example. Explosives obviously do more damage than guns. They're different types of weapons. You can have a nuclear weapon and a massive machine gun and which do you think will do more damage in one shot. Yah. We're talking about guns not explosives though. I think that's a decent point. Anyone who wants to politely help me here is free to, though I can probably handle myself as I think I have some good mental points outlined.

How about making it less like a bad comic book and try being a little more innovative? The gun for an arm thing is stupid.

How about you get off your arse and do something yourself instead of bitching about someone elses artwork?

Well I have, no she doesn't.

Right there aren't enough helmets in Star Wars. How the hell would a helmet make up for a missing eye? Map overlays? Friend or foe targeting systems? Night vision, IR? Built in radio link? All your 'fresh new ideas' come straight of the Boba Fett handbook! Real original there, you keep going back and forth about being original then offering up gems like 'just copy Mira's arm rocket.'

Well there ya go. You havent seen many. It has more to do with her ubiquiotous spandex clothing. And the fact he puts her in boots when Cathar really shouldnt use any footwear. But hey even Bioware made sure Bastila's orange clothing was nice and tight with ample endowments to accentuate. Male artists really need to get laid more.

She isn't wearing spandex. All jedi wear riding boots. Cathar only have claws suitable for combat on their hands(Though for some odd reason I'd really like to demonstrate how effective a boot to the head actually is anyway.)

In the future please refrain from commenting on how often I get 'laid' .

One, because you know nothing about me.

Two, I only talk sex with people I plan on having sex with and I doubt you were offering youself up.

And three, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Batman wore a cape and cowl. Juhani has neither. Her costume is black because she's evil(ish) and this is Starwars. And while I was reading it Batman wore blue and gray then black and grey.

You know goth kids didn't invent wearing all black, I've been wearing all black for years now and I don't gel my hair or own a single ring.

Calm down, and take a deep breath...so she turned to the path of the Dark...I know all Goths don't were black and didn't invent all black, that's why I said STEREOTYPICAL Goth, not just plain Goth, mkay...sorry if I offended you, but she just looked like Batman to me...to me... ;)

Well I have, no she doesn't.

So have I and she does. Ugly with skin tight clothing.

Right there aren't enough helmets in Star Wars. How the hell would a helmet make up for a missing eye? Map overlays? Friend or foe targeting systems? Night vision, IR? Built in radio link? All your 'fresh new ideas' come straight of the Boba Fett handbook! Real original there, you keep going back and forth about being original then offering up gems like 'just copy Mira's arm rocket.'

Oh I see. Because someone else uses a piece of equipment (which is frequently used BECAUSE it is so wonderful) you must of course give him something ridiculous to stand out. I see. :unsure: How about just not giving him a missing eye. Its pretty stupid. I never said here's a fresh idea. I simply pointed out your ridiculous character concept doesnt gel with star wars. I dont have any sourcebooks or any books on Boba Fett yet I still managed to see the obvious benefits a helmet with such abilities affords a soldier as whoever came up with boba Fett must have. Yet you did not. What does this say about you? Let's see... Boba Fett uses Mandalorian armor... Canderous is a real mandalorian... He has been trained in its use since birth...So of course my idea that he should want to use Mandalorian equipment is ridiculous right? :blink: As for Mira's rocket launcher is everyone with a blaster rifle copying each other? Its a weapon. More than one person can use it. It isn't special. Also I didn't say give him a rocket launcher I said your big ridiculous gun is not going to be anystronger than that which means other characters can have just as much firepower without the cumbersome weight and restricted movement.

She isn't wearing spandex. All jedi wear riding boots. Cathar only have claws suitable for combat on their hands(Though for some odd reason I'd really like to demonstrate how effective a boot to the head actually is anyway.)

In the future please refrain from commenting on how often I get 'laid' .

One, because you know nothing about me.

Two, I only talk sex with people I plan on having sex with and I doubt you were offering youself up.

And three, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Whatever. Rubber, leather whatever ultra tight clothing she is wearing it doesnt matter. She still looks like an alien dominatrix.

I LOVE THIS PART. You just got done saying how stupid I am for suggesting things that have been done before. Like helmets. :huh: And now use as an argument to defend yourself that ALL Jedi wear riding boots. Well you know except for Yoda, Yaddle, and Vandar. You know they ARE aliens. Look up some ToTJ pictures. There is an important Cathar character who does not wear boots. He uses his claws on his feet when fighting. He has better balance with his wide paw than anyone wearing a boot. Its very kewl. Also Master *Thron* (sp) trained Nomi Sunrider (which is during the right time frame) and he was basically a beast. So no riding boots there. Did palpatine wear riding boots? Hard to say but I doubt it.

Okae Ill let you hit me in the head with a boot if I can have a tiger or lion slash your head afterwards (because Cathar do have claws on their feet and even if they didnt their paws still provide better balance to pivot, lunge and leap than a boot ever can) and we'll compare which is more effective. Of course youll be dead and Ill have a lump so you probably wont realize how ridiculous your argument is.

As for the getting laid thing that was a joke about how little clothing male artists put on female characters in comics and video games. Or if they do put clothing on its always nice and tight leather/rubber to accentuate their body. I am not surprised you didn't get/cant take the joke. Im just over the every capable female dressing ultra revealing/ slutty. And so are many others. Bad comic book artists also like to put everyone in all black. I bet youre going to put Canderous in black armor arent you? Black isnt even the best color for camouflage at night. Dark gray is.

You can stop trying to defend your artwork now. You put it in a public forum to be enjoyed AND critiqued. If you cant handle it then don't put it up. But dont be surprised we dont all fall all over ourselves admiring your uninspired, mediocre artwork you can see a million places on the net.

Do you see devs/artists getting all worked up trying to defend themselves in the Mira topic talking about how ugly she looks up on Lucasarts. Or if I start another topic saying how ugly the entire game and concept art looks will the artists all come on here to defend themselves? Nope. They realize you cant please everyone. And of course they know they are actually good.