[5.0] Characters Getting Stuck From Abilities

bringingyouthefuture

Question

So had an interesting thing happen we have been discussing in another thread here:

It seems like your character in heavy battles will pick up the abilities of other characters.  At first I thought it was minor as it was easy to jog my character out of it, but recently it froze one of my characters completely, couldn't move, couldn't cancel the action.  I was playing a rogue trying to use one hobble or escape, but somehow my rogue ability switched to the same ability an enemy Paladin was using, Inspired Beacon or Glories Beacon.  Rogue can't use the Beacon ability, but mine wanted so badly to use it the character just stopped responding to any commands :).

I know you are all finished updating, but if you do take one more crack at fixing bugs - I would fix this one.

Thanks!

Edit:  It reminds me of the backer beta when characters were getting stuck in certain instances.

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
addition
  • Thanks 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

3 answers to this question

Just yesterday I had my combat log fill (like, with endless repetitions hardly even enabling me to pause the game) with the information that "Eder abandoned casting <some ability a fighter cannot even have>". This is a really annoying bug, it has to be said.

Run into this bug the other day. Truly annoying.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus