1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

It seems that Whispers of the Endless Path's AOE attack interacts optimally with Power Strike/Inspired Strike, i.e. each attack in the AOE will trigger the secondary raw damage AOE from Power Strike.

Huh? I tried that several times in the past and it didn't work. Only the initial attack would proc the raw dmg cone (which would only add to the weapon dmg cone of WotEP). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

7 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Huh? I tried that several times in the past and it didn't work. Only the initial attack would proc the raw dmg cone (which would only add to the weapon dmg cone of WotEP). 

Unless BPM has changed this somehow (iirc, BPM gives the raw damage an accuracy bonus but changes nothing else in that regard) I am definitely getting multiple instances of it.

20220418090724_1.thumb.jpg.44fdbd476c15a31755dd3e3c642b8d5d.jpg

You can see in the combat log here that I did two instances of raw damage to Crookspur Captain in one swing.

• Like 1

20220420233151_1.thumb.jpg.ea7c7f1a276f484f2fd2e83a3f4d069e.jpg

I just realized that there is a nuance with regards to how Enfeebled lengthens debuffs.

Enfeebled will attempt to "remember" how long a debuff has been running on an enemy and lengthen it for the corresponding duration. That is to say, Enfeeble will lengthen a 10 second debuff by the same amount regardless of whether 0.1 seconds or 9.9 seconds have lapsed.

A perhaps unintended consequence of this behavior, however, is that you can get ridiculously lengthy debuffs by applying Enfeebled after repeatedly applying the same debuff, because Enfeeble does not understand that you have been reapplying the debuff when it attempts to "remember" its total duration. As you can see in this screenshot, my strategy for the Nemnok fight was to repeatedly stunlock him with Inspired Strike, and at this time he had been stunned for about a full minute. When he had about 5 seconds left of stun on him, I managed to Enfeeble him and was extremely surprised to see the stun duration jump up to 50 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

This is the reason that FF monk/cipher is my favorite multi class. There are many ways that enfeeble enriches ciphers. Of course, if you have BMP you don't need the FF monk, since that mod boosted Fractured Volition from weakened to enfeebled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Wild Mind effects will proc on reflected spells. Had Serafen's Time Parasite get reflected and my whole team turned invisible as well as most of the enemies.

I believed the invisible effect was listed on the right of the Serafen's portrait (as hostile effect) before proccing and then, on spell casting is applied, whatever the hostility or amability of the spell. This is potentially an advandage, but in your case maybe Serafen was confused.

Edited by Constentin Lévine

On 4/13/2022 at 8:51 AM, thelee said:

speaking of sun & moon issues, most of the time I dual-wield sun & moon and use hunter's claw i get 2 stacks of hunter's claw, as might be reasonably expected from that. rarely though, i end up getting 3 stacks of hunter's claw, two from the sun & moon, and one from the off-hand weapon. i don't know why this happens and haven't yet been able to correlate it with anything. it'd be some nice subtle cheese if there was a consistent way to game it to get 3.

the closest thing i have to a theory is that if *both* parts of sun & moon critically hit (b.c. hunter's claw interrupts on crit) and the enemy doesn't have concentration, the interrupt somehow "breaks" the flow of the ability, and you end up getting an additional stack of hunter's claw, for a total of 3 when dual-wielded. maybe i'll do some more tests later, but not so far terribly motivated to dig deeper since so far this is at best a narrow synergy.

picture 1: sun & moon both parts critting, getting 2x hunter's claw (instead of 1x)

1994649742_huntersclaw1.thumb.jpg.022a60dd207be3411558837c2275cb9a.jpg

picture 2: hit from off-hand weapon, to get a third stack

2005164562_huntersclaw2.thumb.jpg.3296f1077d521469df61a967e5deb801.jpg

edit: i guess i didn't really need to try too hard (i'm overleveled for this area), so in the next few fights there were tons of partial sun & moon crits, and only when both parts of the flail crit did i end up doubling on the hunter's claw stacks. odd interaction, yet another situation where you get a subtle plus to using sun & moon

Edited by thelee
  • Like 3

here's an open question, because i don't know how to conjure up such a situation:

there's a weapon that when enchanted, will let you cause injuries on enemies when using an empowered weapon ability.

that got me thinking - enemies can also get injuries if they walk over a in-level trap (not one that you set). if enemies accumulate 4 injuries, do they also instantly die? if so is there way to make a situation where this is possible? even if enemies don't die, letting enemies accumulate multiple injuries would be another way to debuff. any ideas?

• Hmmm 1

18 minutes ago, thelee said:

there's a weapon that when enchanted, will let you cause injuries on enemies when using an empowered weapon ability.

that got me thinking - enemies can also get injuries if they walk over a in-level trap (not one that you set). if enemies accumulate 4 injuries, do they also instantly die? if so is there way to make a situation where this is possible? even if enemies don't die, letting enemies accumulate multiple injuries would be another way to debuff. any ideas?

Funny you mention that: I tried to play around with this idea a while ago. Short answer is: I don't think it's exploitable.

Long answer:

• Skullcrusher only applies an injury with Empowered attacks to an uninjured target. Once a target has been injured, if you reset the fight and empower an attack again on this target with Skullcrusher, it won't apply/upgrade injuries.
  • I don't know if it's technically possible to lure enemies onto 4 consecutive dungeon traps and I don't know what happens then. Best place to check would be Tikawara/Engwithan Waystation I guess or spawning an enemy in the sandswept ruins. But good lord, the tedium involved... :) just kill the thing already instead of playing with it.
  • Apart from that, I haven't come across other ways to toy with the injury mechanic on enemies. It is one of those asymmetrical mechanics that annoy only the player.
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, thelee said:

By the way and just to finish on this topic: interestingly, empowered Skullcrusher attacks don't always apply Swollen Eye (-10ACC, standard injury from Crush dmg) but sometimes the random injury type: Smashed Hands (+20% recovery time) or Bruised Ribs (-20 fortitude) or Concussion (-20 will) or Sprained Wrist (-10 deflection), maybe others I didn't get.

Smashed Hands is garbage, other can be situationally good in combination with afflictions and other debuffs to drive a particular stat on one enemy into the ground. For example Swollen Eye can be nice in combination with Blinded and/or Devotions for the Faithful to significantly debuff enemy Accuracy... but frankly it's not a lot of bang-for-your-buck for a unique enchant that triggers RANDOM injuries, only on one enemy and only on Empowered attacks.

• Like 3

interesting - anyone test this with something that spreads effects in an aoe? you think you would at least be able to spread an injury debuff in an area with clear out or something? might make the utility a bit higher

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:37 PM, thelee said:

They would indeed die - and the weapon was used in a Youtube video by a user to one-shoot Neriscyrlas with an empowered Whispers of the Wind. Afterwards it was nerfed by the devs so that it only would apply injuries to uninjured targets. 😄 

So the injury mechanic works on enemies, too - in general.

Skullcrusher with WotW should still apply an injury to all enemies it hits - but only once. But since the injuries aren't too bad (as pointed out by my fellow forum users) it's not too exciting. The alternative enchantment (+10 max health until the end of combat) also isn't fantastic - but it works with killing summons (directly with the weapon) so it's at least abusable (tried some SC Berserker with HoF and such and it's fun but not too impactful). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

26 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

20220501001622_1.thumb.jpg.bf39e798ac9d8d1c1e6fe520876e280d.jpg

Blinding Smoke appears to be bugged so that it triggers without a crit

Indeed, it is coded as triggering 

"OnScoringGrazeHitOrCriticalHit"

I let you debate if it shall be corrected and how.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1