Evoker is pretty straightforward. Pile up PL gear (Stone of Power, Firethrower Gloves, Magran's Favor, Sun & Moon, maybe even go Nature Godlike for +1 PL via Infuse with VE or Alacrity) and pick all the passives that sound good. You can pick the spells you always want to use no matter the grimore (like self buffs) - but else I would suggest to get your offensive spells via grimoire and not picking too many actives - choose passives instead. That way you can switch to a fitting grimoire - based on the enemy. Of course as a SC Evoker you wil not be able to only pick meaningful passives since there aren't too many - but you get the general idea.
Then go to town with your PL madness.
You can try to muticlass with a Berserker or Furyshaper:
- Frenzy (faster casts, more dmg - if Berseker due to Tenacious: +2 PEN)
- Bloodlust (you will kill a lot and often benefit from even faster casts)
- Frenzy Ward: even faster casts (stacks)
- Blood Thirst (this is the bomb - no recovery after kills with spells...)
- Spirit Frenzy (Stagger foes with all spell dmg)
- Savage Defiance (emergency heal)
- Brute Force (pick the lower defense automatically which is great)
- Fear Ward: great for not getting attacked in melee while casting
You will lose Power Levels (2) and the high level spells - but you can spam spells like crazy at a certain level. It makes for a more interesting experience during the mid game but I think it's lower endgame power due to the lack of those very impactful PL8/9 spells. However - Blood Thirst + spells like Delayed Fireball (with the support of Magran's Favor + Sun & Moon + Gloves + Ring) just make me laugh. I also like to stand in my own fireballs with the Fractured Casque + Scorched Cloak + an injury. Look really Warlockish and heals my buttocks while I'm nuke-spamming the heck out of everything around me.
Archane Archer - a few things to consider:
- that ACC penalty only occurs if you use non-elemental abilities and auto-attacks with a weapon that has no elemental keyword. It's fairly easy to circumvent the penatly - and very early in the game as well. You simply use a weapon that has an elemental keyword (Frostseeker, Essence Interrupter, Dragon's Dowry...)
- Multi-projectile weapons and abilites (Heartseeker for example) will not trigger imbue spells multiple times. It even used to be so that only the first projectile hits, then triggers the imbued spell - and weirdly the rest gets completely omitted(!). Hope that got fixed...
- Multi-jump weapons (and abilities like Driving Flight and Wild Shot) will trigger multiple imbue spells. So an attack with Watershaper's Rod/Fire in the Hole + Driving Flight using Imbue:Fireball will result in 3 Fireballs. An attack with Kitchen Stove + Wild Barrage + Driving Flight + Imbue Fireball will result in 4 Fireballs (note that Fury's natural weapon jump does not stack with Driving Flight - for whatever weird reason).
- All weapon abilites that have an elemental keyword (e.g. Flames of Devotion) will not receive the ACC pentaly
I suggested a Bleak Walker (or any Paladin)/Archane Archer with Spearcaster as main weapon for the following reasons:
- Flames of Devotion gets a +10 ACC bonus and does not suffer the ACC penalty
- Ring of Focused Flame works with FoD (another +10 ACC). It also works with Imbue Fireball (+10 ACC)
- Eternal Devotion works on all damaging imbued spells (e.g. Fireball gets a burning lash)
- Sworn Enemy works with the imbue spells (+20% dmg)
- Brand Enemy can be used to put an everlasting DoT on the enemy which will unlock Predator's Sense all the time (Sworn Rival is also great of course if you don't want to use your Animal Companion offensively)
- Flames of Devotion (especially Bleak Walker's) works extremely well with Takedown Combo. The 100% additive dmg will get mutiplied by the two lashes of a Bleak Walker's FoD
- You have more heals for your AC
- You can either increase your ACC even further with Zealous Focus or protect & heal your AC via Exalted Endurance
- You can even revive the AC without injury (since ACs can't have injuries)
- Scion of Flame gives your Imbue Fireball +1 PEN (not bad 'cause the PL scaling of the Imbue spells is still messed up)
- Since you are skilling for Arcana anyways (Imbue spells' scaling) you can as well go for Spearcaster (early, awesome weapon) and get total ACC overkill which crits even bosses all the time. Since you have lots of FoD uses you won't receive the ACC pentaly too soon. And even if the -5 ACC hardly matter while you stacked massive amounts of ACC before
- Elemental Bolts's mini-lashes add to your FoD lash and work very well with Takedown Combo - and I think (not 100% sure) they also add to the imbued spells
- Pinning from Spearcaster is just great
- I can interrupt/prone with an arbalest via modal very reliably with such high ACC
Dragon's Dowry is also cool since it doesn't get any ACC pentaly at all - no matter what attack you choose. It also works with the Ring oFF all the time, meaning that even auto-attacks get +10 ACC. Its burning lash of 30% is very powerful. Of course it lacks the Arcana-ACC, it has lesser crit damage (and Arcane Archer can crit a lot) and an inherent ACC penatly of -5.
Both work well. Frostseeker also works - but as long as the multi-projectile bug is not fixed (additonal projectiles don't connect with imbue shots) I would only want to use this as backup for when my Bond is empty.
Remember that with Imbue Shots the most effective weapons are those which add jumps though. I used FoD a lot - so in that case Dragon's Dowry and Spearcaster etc. are very nice. But for pierce immune enemies a brought Watershaper's Focus anyway (or Fire in the Hole since it does pierce/slash). So I found myself switching to the WS Focus several times when I wanted to use Imbue:Fireball even though with Spearcaster I would have had a lot more ACC. Also the WS Focus'es Blast can add AoE damage to the Fireballs (and does so thrice due to 2 jumps).
A single class Arcane Archer can have Imbue: Death which is very, very devastating with multi-jumps. For me this is the only reason to go single class with an Arcane Archer. You will buy this power with a more "bland" Arcane Archer before getting Imbue Death though (in my opinion).
Other class-combos might also work very well - it's just so that I have played that Bleak Walker/Arcane Archer for a whole playthrough and was pretty amazed by its ability to crit just anything with high impact.
PS: Against Ironclads and such you want to bring Essence Interrupter. I would totally recommend it as no. 1. weapon besides Dragon's D. and Spearc. if it hadn't that loot-destroying bug.
Edited by Boeroer, 02 April 2019 - 11:05 PM.