Here is the party based on suggestions so far. Further suggestions are welcome.
PC: Mindstalker (streetfighter/soul blade) - I've decided to go with mindstalker, which I haven't played since 1.0 and even then it was ranged. Never played soul blade. I didn't go trickster due to rest of party being there to keep him alive.
- Any suggested build or key abilities?
- Rogue has so many choices for active attacks - which make the most sense? I tend to limit myself to crippling strike and finishing/devestating blow in other builds. It especially seems like I won't need many if I am spamming soul annihilation.
- What cipher spells make sense?
- What support characters would you suggest for this mindstalker?
NPC1: Shieldbearer/Unbroken (Lay on Hands, exhortations, and tank) - Will a pure tank be needed? I don't want to harm the PC's ability to get flanked/heating up.
NPC2: Troubador/Priest (buffs and debuffs) - Can we discuss which buffs & debuffs should be used? What stacks, what doesn't? How to we get the most out of it?
NPC3: Druid/Wizard (buffs anddebuffs) - same as above.
NPC4: Furyshaper multiclass (with what? Beguiler was suggested, but as others noted it will need to do damage to get focus.) (Totems)
I'd like to try my next run through the game with the following criteria:
-The PC will be a melee character and will be the sole damage dealer in the party. He will get as close to 100% of the total party damage as possible.
-The other 4 party members will be set to passive AI. They will heal, buff, and otherwise support the PC, debuff enemies, and will also need to be able to survive themselves.
-POTD and I will use a mod to to change NPCs to whatever classes I want.
-I don't care about beating megabosses.
-I don't want to use summons.
My questions are:
1) What class and build would you suggest for the PC? What gear would such a build need?
It seems he should be able to be built at least somehwhat as a glass canon with all the other party members as healing and support, but at the same time if he dies it will be very hard to win, so he can't be so squishy that he instantly faceplants at the start of the fight.
It seems like he should be more single-target damage oriented so he can kill bosses, but I don't know how much this might be an issue. He will also need to be able to kill all enemy types.
There isn't a tank in this party, so will the PC need to carry a lot of engagement slot gear to keep enemies off the rest of the party? On the other hand, I shouldn't build the rest of the party as squishies.
2) What kind of support classes and builds would you include with the party? Are there any that would synergize well with the PC (whatever he may end up being)? Party synergies are always a welcome addition.
If they aren't focussed on debuffing, they can probably tank their perception in favor of other stats.
I know I am asking a very open-ended question but I appreciate all input.
Edited by zendingo, 16 March 2019 - 02:51 AM.