What even is this? Bug? Unexplained Feature? Abandoned Feature?

DiabloStorm

Question

Am I eating my pets and items by doing this? No, but seriously, what the heck is this and why cant I use consumables by dragging and dropping them on my character like in POE1? Not being able to use boosts and failing checks in the overworld because of it.......why?

Also: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? Is my face a trash can? It doesn't look like one but it sure does delete the items good and proper. There's no tooltip or anything to explain where my items went or what this did besides delete them.

4SwruUc.gif

Also, by the way, I checked to see if doing this attempts to return the item to your personal inventory(say, if I was NOT playing solo, to transfer the item to a companion?). I first made space in my inventory to give it a chance but NOPE, items gone. Same outcome.

Edited by DiabloStorm
  • Like 2

6 answers to this question

I guess don't drag and drop things onto your character portrait. Why did you fill your inventory back up after making space?

Eh? So I don't have to search through the stash. I only did that to test a theory with whatever this might be but I was wrong anyway and still have no idea what function this serves.

The portrait glows when you drag items over indicating this was supposed to do something but I don't imagine deleting your items was supposed to be the outcome.

Edited by DiabloStorm

I guess don't drag and drop things onto your character portrait. Why did you fill your inventory back up after making space?

Eh? So I don't have to search through the stash. I only did that to test a theory with whatever this might be but I was wrong anyway and still have no idea what function this serves.

The portrait glows when you drag items over indicating this was supposed to do something but I don't imagine deleting your items was supposed to be the outcome.

lolololol wow what a bug find.

is it only pets? does it require a full inventory for this to happen?

because i imagine what should be happening: drag-and-drop -> move item from existing slot to the character's inventory -> character's inventory is full -> move to stash

something along the way is getting broken. maybe when trying to move an item from the stash and then back to the stash via drag-and-drop it moves the item to the new location and then deletes the old reference... except because it's in the same place again it just ends up deleting the item altogether. but if it happens with only pets, or happens even when your inventory isn't full, then i don't know.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

lolololol wow what a bug find.

is it only pets? does it require a full inventory for this to happen?

because i imagine what should be happening: drag-and-drop -> move item from existing slot to the character's inventory -> character's inventory is full -> move to stash

something along the way is getting broken. maybe when trying to move an item from the stash and then back to the stash via drag-and-drop it moves the item to the new location and then deletes the old reference... except because it's in the same place again it just ends up deleting the item altogether. but if it happens with only pets, or happens even when your inventory isn't full, then i don't know.

It's any items, personal inventory full or empty doesn't matter. I just did what's in the gif to demonstrate. Originally found it by trying to drag and drop consumables on my character like in poe1, noticed the glowy thing, dragged and dropped to it and found this.