Hey lads, so after a lot of trial and error, I found a way to safely beat this pesky arachnid. 

Shark Soup everyone beforehand to prevent petrify , keep her busy with summons while you methodically take out each burrow, while at the same time clearing spiderlings with AOE. Use Ancestor's Memory to replenish resources. After all burrows are down, she should be around 110-125 deflection. Stand at a safe distance and keep spamming summons at her periodically, while your entire party uses ranged weapons/spells to take her down. The summons i used were Dichotomous Soul and Called to His Bidding, the Ancient Instruments of Death. If you do it right, she should never get in range to Consume (she actually managed to do it once though, on Xoti, in my fight, otherwise it would have been flawless victory). You can do the entire fight on the fastest speed, just make sure to renew the summons in time, before the last batch expires, you never want her to get in melee range of your party.

https://imgur.com/a/nvZUCr8

Hey lads, so after a lot of trial and error, I found a way to safely beat this pesky arachnid. 

Shark Soup everyone beforehand to prevent petrify , keep her busy with summons while you methodically take out each burrow, while at the same time clearing spiderlings with AOE. Use Ancestor's Memory to replenish resources. After all burrows are down, she should be around 110-125 deflection. Stand at a safe distance and keep spamming summons at her periodically, while your entire party uses ranged weapons/spells to take her down. The summons i used were Dichotomous Soul and Called to His Bidding, the Ancient Instruments of Death. If you do it right, she should never get in range to Consume (she actually managed to do it once though, on Xoti, in my fight, otherwise it would have been flawless victory). You can do the entire fight on the fastest speed, just make sure to renew the summons in time, before the last batch expires, you never want her to get in melee range of your party.

whatever works for you but... why destroy the burrows?

my last attempt (on galawain's challnege) i kept the burrows up and kept letting spiders incidentally die, and in the end belranga's defenses were so low (something like 130 stacks of wrath) that it was trivial to crit her with everything and keep interrupting her.

I just figured that if her defenses get too low, she might start to one shot everything, but didn't test to see if it's true. Anyway, clearing the burrows shouldn't take long at all, especially if you have some scrolls of maelstrom and meteor shower. I had Galawain's active too, Vela too (this one cost me a couple of reloads, dumb little girl always finds a way to get herself gibbed).

Edited by AlexDeLarge

Vela too

damn, son. I'm frankly amazed you didn't pull your hair out of frustration, I'd imagine she ends up getting gibbed by random AoEs all the time in this fight. (probably means taking out burrows is more important)

i actually started attacking belrange at ~80 stacks, and it slowly built up to ~130 near the end just from incidental deaths. probably would be less sustainable if you don't have a lot of interrupts (i came in with slickens, scrolls, etc.). 

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Vela is super frustrating, i regret activating the challenge, especially since it's my first run for Deadfire (though i have completed Frozen Crown challenge for POE1). Actually, i recall now, this was the main reason i had to take down all the burrows. If you go stealth to the left side of Belranga map, Vela will stay there even if you move around the battle after, but if you don't kill the burrows, some of the spawned spiderlings will eventually start to aggro her. She got killed offscreen due to this.

Anyway, my ultimate plan is to do a Triple Crown + full upscale + Woedica/Galawain/Ondra run where i beat all the content, including megabosses. I wonder if anyone managed it so far, would love to hear their experience. 

Edited by AlexDeLarge

Blade Turning makes you immune to her melee attack.

Put her own kids between your tank and her, Brand Enemy, AFK :p

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!