Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Whats the point of the main story? (spoilerss)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

MountainTiger

MountainTiger

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts

I definitely found Ukaizo underwhelming, especially the first time when I had allied with the dragon under Neketaka and so didn't have the Guardian fight-walk through a couple of empty areas, turn off the machine, a not particularly hard fight against Furrante, and that was it. Even with the Guardian fight, Ukaizo feels like denouement to a story that climaxes with the choice of faction.

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1380 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I definitely found Ukaizo underwhelming, especially the first time when I had allied with the dragon under Neketaka and so didn't have the Guardian fight-walk through a couple of empty areas, turn off the machine, a not particularly hard fight against Furrante, and that was it. Even with the Guardian fight, Ukaizo feels like denouement to a story that climaxes with the choice of faction.

I think it got a little better with some of the late-game rebalancing (guardian fight better, the faction fight less of a trivial roflstomp), but yeah, especially considering Ukaizo gets its own map I was expecting a lot more to it than just wandering from small (mostly empty) area to small (mostly empty) area.

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
The point is you can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.

I.e. you cant stop Eothos, but you can help steer the future of kith, which in the end is prob more beneficial. The Gods are morons and should no longer be trusted to lead anything.

Edited by Verde, 11 February 2019 - 11:00 AM.

• Harry Easter and InsaneCommander like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The Gods are morons and should no longer be trusted to lead anything.

Hopefully we can ascend above them in PoE3 and do something funny. Personally I would turn Rymrgand, Berath and Ondra into pets. The first I'd  leave with the cattle, the second I would turn into a rat and Ondra would be in an aquarium. :)

Firepengu

Firepengu

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

The point is you can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.

I.e. you cant stop Eothos, but you can help steer the future of kith, which in the end is prob more beneficial. The Gods are morons and should no longer be trusted to lead anything.

I agree with this sentiment. I think for story reasons (i.e. the next game) it was necessary, but ultimately the player will have a huge guiding hand. I'm interested in seeing where everything goes.

• Harry Easter likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2984 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Problem is peoples are morons too and shouldn't be trusted to lead anything either. 

MountainTiger

MountainTiger

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Problem is peoples are morons too and shouldn't be trusted to lead anything either. 

#TeamRymrgand

• thelee, InsaneCommander, Pus-in-Boots and 1 other like this

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1372 posts

Then what do we do?!

Madscientist

Madscientist

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1472 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Then what do we do?!

Thats simple, we do the same thing again:

We build bigger machines and sacrifice more people to create better gods. ;)

Either its works or we ruin the world completely. :p

Everything will crumble to dust eventually anyway and we will not be there to se the results of our actions because we sacrificed ourselves.

Somewhere in the future aliens will visit us and all they see is a bunch of immortal gods fighting each other all the time and the world is a dead wasteland.

• thelee and InsaneCommander like this

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1372 posts
Hahaha you live up to your name :p
  • InsaneCommander and Madscientist like this

Madscientist

Madscientist

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1472 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

We do what we must because we can . . .

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

• Wormerine likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2984 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Then what do we do?!

Thats simple, we do the same thing again:

We build bigger machines and sacrifice more people to create better gods. ;)

We build bigger machines and sacrifice gods to create a... bigger God? Hopefully with more nuance, than blidely focusing on one or two "ideals".

• InsaneCommander likes this

MountainTiger

MountainTiger

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Given Rekke's apparent monotheism, "sacrifice more gods to create a bigger God" seems like a plausible goal for the Yehuzans.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Somewhere in the future aliens will visit us and all they see is a bunch of immortal gods fighting each other all the time and the world is a dead wasteland.

Well, some visited the Forgotten Sanctum, in that meteor. There must be more out there.

fYNX

fYNX

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:fynxpwnz

1. Sacrifice the gods and share their essence between Nemnok the Devourer and Tentaclehaut.

2. Get some candied nuts and watch the battle between the two.

• Wormerine likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users