god this debate about turn based is so insanely tiresome i wish you'd all just stop forever

divinity 2 is multiplayer, like i said in some other thread codedudes that have more money than sense will drop a chunk to buy four games to play with friends for a weekend. but nobody brings that up because channers or somebody decided rtwp is bad now and so we have to hear about this FOREVER i guess

who cares??? stop!!! libertarian gamers: sales does not equal quality i'm sorry to break it to you but your dumb philosophy is dumb. stop acting like pillars 2 reportedly having bad sales says anything about the game at all, or about any mistakes they need to fix. maybe they don't need to fix **** and maybe the dumb-ass market revolves around twitch and can't stop playing ****ing fortnite is the problem. maybe its the fact that i'm playing witcher 3 the most raved about game of the year i guess because of the graphics idk its really not that great, its not prestige, its not sophisticated or adult. its kind of like a gory metal album with a ****ed up wizard on the cover which is fine but the gaming press talked about it like it was high art

maybe this was always a niche game for niche nostalgia gaming and if you like it, you should be happy with it.

Edited by Cartoons Plural

god this debate about turn based is so insanely tiresome i wish you'd all just stop forever

divinity 2 is multiplayer, like i said in some other thread codedudes that have more money than sense will drop a chunk to buy four games to play with friends for a weekend. but nobody brings that up because channers or somebody decided rtwp is bad now and so we have to hear about this FOREVER i guess

who cares??? stop!!! libertarian gamers: sales does not equal quality i'm sorry to break it to you but your dumb philosophy is dumb. stop acting like pillars 2 reportedly having bad sales says anything about the game at all, or about any mistakes they need to fix. maybe they don't need to fix **** and maybe the dumb-ass market revolves around twitch and can't stop playing ****ing fortnite is the problem. maybe its the fact that i'm playing witcher 3 the most raved about game of the year i guess because of the graphics idk its really not that great, its not prestige, its not sophisticated or adult. its kind of like a gory metal album with a ****ed up wizard on the cover which is fine but the gaming press talked about it like it was high art

maybe this was always a niche game for niche nostalgia gaming and if you like it, you should be happy with it.

Maybe take a break from the forums? Go outside, get some fresh air. Go for a jog.

• Like 1

Just for your info: Josh has stated that he prefers turn based combat (I'm indifferent) and a classless system (as I do). But since PoE wanted to be a spiritual successor to BG/Icewind Dale and had to be crowdfunded that wasn't an option.

I don't think that Obsidian would switch from RtwP to turn based only for a PoE3 game - but maybe they are testing the waters for another Pillars game that could be turn based and classless - just  like the Pen & Paper version of PoE is. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Just for your info: Josh has stated that he prefers turn based combat (I'm indifferent) and a classless system (as I do). But since PoE wanted to be a spiritual successor to BG/Icewind Dale and had to be crowdfunded that wasn't an option.

I don't think that Obsidian would switch from RtwP to turn based only for a PoE3 game - but maybe they are testing the waters for another Pillars game that could be turn based and classless - just  like the Pen & Paper version of PoE is. 

Yup, as I also suggested in the the other thread. But I feel there won't be a PoE3 at all, and they will simply go straight to the new game, some sort of TB 'Pillars tactics' game as Sawyer himself at one point in the past mused about in a post somewhere.