On 5/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, Wormerine said:

I was looking forward to seeing Eder, Aloth and Pallegian in PoE2, but I felt they did more harm to the characters then good. Eder is just there, those he does have nice moments. Aloth and Pal, I felt got really flattened to serve the needs of the game. 

Agreed on this. I felt these characters didn't really transition well to PoE2 (although I never liked Aloth). I felt like some of them were phoned-in and some were just written strangely, as if the tone from PoE1 to PoE2 got lost somewhere along the way.

I know the original writer for Eder left and was on contract for PoE2, so that may have had something to do with it.

1 hour ago, Tencatta said:

I know the original writer for Eder left and was on contract for PoE2, so that may have had something to do with it.

He was not only writer for Edér, but also the narrative lead for PoE1. I do think his absence is felt but at the same time it also could the result of Obsidian trying to respond to PoE1 criticisms.