On 5/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, Wormerine said:

I was looking forward to seeing Eder, Aloth and Pallegian in PoE2, but I felt they did more harm to the characters then good. Eder is just there, those he does have nice moments. Aloth and Pal, I felt got really flattened to serve the needs of the game. 

Agreed on this. I felt these characters didn't really transition well to PoE2 (although I never liked Aloth). I felt like some of them were phoned-in and some were just written strangely, as if the tone from PoE1 to PoE2 got lost somewhere along the way.

I know the original writer for Eder left and was on contract for PoE2, so that may have had something to do with it.

1 hour ago, Tencatta said:

I know the original writer for Eder left and was on contract for PoE2, so that may have had something to do with it.

He was not only writer for Edér, but also the narrative lead for PoE1. I do think his absence is felt but at the same time it also could the result of Obsidian trying to respond to PoE1 criticisms.

• 1 year later...

To add something to the topic: I would like to see Edér, Xoti and Aloth.
Pallegina has in my opinon an complet arc (depending on her ending) and has not necessarily return in PoE 3.
Edér has a complete arc too but he is just that kind of guy I think who helps if a friend calls for aid.
Xoti has to return because of a uncoplete arc with the watcher. Romanced or not.
Aloth as the leader of the leaden key has to return for story reasons.

I realy hope that there will be a part 3. Since Deadfire it has always felt like a three part story like Mass Effect.
But hopefully with better ending, what should not be this hard 😅
I had hoped for ME3 that there will be a happy, bitter sweet and a bad ending.
And these are also my hopes for PoE 3.

I would rather still wait for a while and have a legendary story than to wait and have the same dissapointment like in ME3.
Please Obsidian, learn form ist 🙏😅

• 6 months later...

Hm late to the party, but for POE3? I want to meet new peoples. That mean everyone from both POE1&2? Retired for good. 

Honestly, I want to meet new peoples and pretend that POE2 didn't exist. 

I also feel like some companions stories have been told, and it's better to retire them with grace than drag them along and screw them over with lousy dialogues or quest (Like with BW). 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

On 8/12/2022 at 1:36 AM, Boeroer said:

What (or who) is BW?

BW= Bioware=EA.

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller