No recovery time after using flames of devotion with Whispers of Endless Paths

JPK

Question

Hi,

I just found myself with some free time and decided continue my second playthrough that I abandoned in September (last save 30th of Sept). A bunch of updates have been released since then and it seems one of those broke some abilities. Now my main character can spam flames of devotion without any recovery time when using whispers of endless paths. It's kind of hilarious really, but it also breaks the combat. Can this be fixed somehow? I wonder if the patches broke anything else on my old save... I hope that I don't have to start over as I'd like to get started with the DLC content soon.

6 answers to this question

I too am having this problem with Citzal's spirit lance, seems like this bug is affecting both WOTEP and Citzal spirit lance. 

I've tested the latest patch and this bug has not been fixed yet..

...and somehow I managed to fix the issue. Possibly by unequipping and re-equipping all items.

I've tried to unequip all my items and summon the spirit lance - same thing bug occured. could you elaborate?

I too am having this problem with Citzal's spirit lance, seems like this bug is affecting both WOTEP and Citzal spirit lance. 

I've tested the latest patch and this bug has not been fixed yet..

...and somehow I managed to fix the issue. Possibly by unequipping and re-equipping all items.

I've tried to unequip all my items and summon the spirit lance - same thing bug occured. could you elaborate?

The thing is that I'm not really sure what made the bug go away. I'm only assuming that unequpping/re-equipping the sword fixed this. I didn't change AI behavior or anything like that, since I like controlling the party manually. Maybe the bug is slightly different for you because the spirit lance is a spell... Then again, it functions like a weapon so idk... Maybe the bug is somehow situational. Can't do any testing now, the latest patch introduced a missing DLC bug so my recent saves are broken.

Just to add to my previous post... No recovery bug with WotEP and FoD still occurs. Whatever "fixed" it for me wasn't permanent, and as other posters have reported, this bug seems to affect most AOE melee weapons when melee abilities are used.