Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pre-Order?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

crowtheartist

crowtheartist

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

I WILL be giving Obsidian my money, for Pre Order, as soon as I can. Anyone have ANY idea when this will happen?

Chairchucker

Chairchucker

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dunno but it shows up on Steam now, so you can wishlist it and it'll probably update you when you're allowed to lob money at them.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yep, I'm the eternal sucker. I'll be pre-ordering the game. However, with a few exceptions, I've enjoyed my pre-ordered games a lot, so I guess I don't feel too bad about doing it.

woufff

woufff

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Steam:woufff

Will Steam be the only option?  I always prefer to go directly via the publisher whenever possible.

DekarServerbot

DekarServerbot

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

wishlist huh? well i will dismiss one game

b0rnn0t

b0rnn0t

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

A choice to directly suport Odsidian would be good. but ill preorder on steam when i can.

Clawdius_Talonious

Clawdius_Talonious

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I mean, they've already displayed that they'll be selling via Steam and have a Steam store page and so on. That said, Epic Games' storefront would logically be giving Obsidian a larger slice of the pie once that's an option. Steam's 70% isn't a bad cut, but since it uses UE4 and the Epic Games storefront takes a smaller cut from sales -and- doesn't charge the normal slice for using their engine as far as I understand it... I guess Epic Games' storefront would be the way to make sure the most money makes it into Obsidian/Private Division's hands.

Dayuhan

Dayuhan

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Yes, I would definitely support some way of purchasing directly through the developer.  I will install Steam if that is the only way, but I always find it unnecessary middle-ware for the most part.  A developer of Obsidian's caliber could easily make a direct-buy option available, if they thought there would be sufficient support for that option.  So thumbs-up from me for a non-steam option for purchasing the game.

Jeckyll

Jeckyll

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
I actually hope it's on the Microsoft Store. It's a very easy and fast way to receive updates and download games.

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I actually hope it's on the Microsoft Store. It's a very easy and fast way to receive updates and download games.

As is Steam & GOG Galaxy.

daven

daven

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 660 posts

Why would you need to pre-order a digital game? When it comes out you can buy it? It's not as if they are going to run out of stock.

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3078 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Why would you need to pre-order a digital game? When it comes out you can buy it? It's not as if they are going to run out of stock.

So that it will automatically download while I sleep and I won't have to waste that chunk of time.

Zafar1981

Zafar1981

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Zafar1981

I only play single player games and as we are seeing lots of single player focused games (Fallout, ESO) are becoming multiplayer, The Outer World feels like a breath of fresh air.

But I am not pre-ordering the game as I don't like pre-ordering and didn't recommend.

• daven likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users