Sci-Fi, Shoulder-Cam Action RPG next!

SonicMage117

THREE VOTES AGAINST

FACT CHECK COMPLETE, AT TIME OF CLAIMING THAT MOST PEOPLE AGREED WITH YOU, MOST PEOPLE DIDN'T REALLY OFFER A FIRM OPINION, BUT MORE PEOPLE OUTRIGHT DISAGREED THAN AGREED.

ALSO I NEUTERED SOME QUOTE BOXES BECAUSE THE FORUMS DIDN'T LIKE HAVING THAT MANY

With posts like this you are gonna ruin his career. :p

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Also, for the record (vinyl).

I agree with Børør and the others in disagreeing with the original statement. The squirrel doesn't speak for me, nor do I agree with what it said. The police taught me better than that.

Count me as against. Call me 'Count Against', if you like. It's like Rage Against the Machine, but with minor royals and more of a state of botheredness than rage.

Nerf Troubadour!

Oh my... A total of four "Against" votes.

What ever shall I do? :crying:

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Oh my... A total of four "Against" votes.

What ever shall I do? :crying:

Well, here we stand at  a crossroad.

Either you are a green lantern, in which case lighten and lantern the duck up!

Or you are not, in which case the answer is Fawlty Towers and copious amounts of icecream.

Nerf Troubadour!

Partial agreement should never be forced as disagreement, that has never been true in the real world but then again, on the forums it may fly or be accepted as fact. Idk.

To reiterate, the posts that I counted as disagreeing with you did not partially agree, they wholly disagreed. A grand total of one person agreed, most people didn't really engage with the original post at all, a couple didn't have strong feelings either way. There is absolutely no factual basis behind your claim that most posters agree with you, in fact it has become even more clear that there are more people who disagree with you.

yeah feed him more :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

well yeah, its just, like, your choice, man

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 11 months later...

I have returned, most likely for a very brief time, to Elite Dangerous. And you know what I would like to play? A space RPG.

Just flying around in a compelling universe, upgrading and tinkering with my ship, talking to fellow pilots, people on stations, doing quests, adventuring. 

those sandboxy flight sims always intrigue me, but I find full space sims either dull, or incredibly over complicated. I do love my combat sims like Wing Commmander, Tie/X-Wing, and most of all Freespaces. 

But an RPG approach to the subject could fulfill the fantasy in a manageable way. No on ground stuff: you an on ground exploration, you get much more areas to produce, new control and gameplay systems to make. Maybe something like in a Freelancer would do, to allow us to talk face to face. It could also be a space for unkillable NPCs - everything in the space is your territory,  up landing on station or planet is a neutral ground. Mostly just us, a ship we care for, factions fighting for control, and some dark alien intrigue to uncover. 

• Like 1

Wing Commander: my greatest game of all times (tied with FTL maybe). Can't say how many joysticks I broke with it. I was a master with the scimitar. True master, I tell you. :)

scimitar_blueprint.png?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I must buy a new joystick one of these days. I gave away my old one when I moved after University. I played kinda backwards: (X-Wing: Alliance>Freespace1&2>Wing Commander4>3>1). There was something special about the WG1. 

I am quite bummed out that Space Citizen ended up as this massive MMOish pipe dream. I would happily settle for a single player campaign. As it is, I doubt anything of it will end up being great. 

1 hour ago, the_dog_days said:

Thanks for the necro. 🤣

Ha! Sorry for that. I just had this idea while playing Elite (new tutorial is the most fun I had in this game to date. Voice acting!), and felt a need to write something, so I searched for a topic which would do ;-), as I didn’t want to start a new one just for my wishmaking. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 9:02 AM, KazHirai said:

Well, I think Kotor 1 has a great fighting system with an excellent story. The gameplay is fun and original, but lacking much customization. 

I am not sure about it. It was just really shallow copy DnD, which makes sense as their previous major titles were DnD based games but with StarWars they needed something accessible. I don’t think Bioware landed on their feet gameplay wise, until ME2 - all games between NWN-ME2 is an attempt to infuse their BG2 story content into more mainstream package - starting with KOTOR, which simply hammered out all the tricky and interesting parts, through Jade Empire which gameplay wise was very very awkward, to ME1 which was a hybrid not excelling in neither RPG nor action part. 

Wow, old bump.

So basically Obsidian's Mass Effect. We could use a good Space-Opera RPG to rival the ME series...

Yeah, to me ME1 was the more interesting game, simply because it asked you to buy into the RP mechanics even if they were simple. They tactical squad commands were essential to wining many encounters, you couldn't just gun things down on your own. ME2 was probably better for it's tighter gameplay, but instead of opening up more tactics it just became a third person shooter with a branching non-linear story and customizable character loadouts.

I can't remember the last "GOOD" Space-opera/Cosmic/Solar/Space cRPG... I guess you have things Stasis but that's only half-way there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1