Sci-Fi, Shoulder-Cam Action RPG next!

SonicMage117

All I have to say is that is exactly what I do NOT want. While I strongly suspect this was just meant as a form of trolllery... Still have to say it. Don't do this, Obsidian (not that there is any evidence or reason to think that this is in the works, but still).

As most commenters/posters agreed with me I can only assume that you're the troll.

Still, thanks for the comment. This will make Obsidian REALLY take you seriously. You know the typical "I don't agree with it so therefore it's trolling derp derp" that we see on forums, even though the usual forum trolls may agree with you to makevyou feel validated.

When Microsoft leads Obsidian to mane a console oriented action rpg such as or similar to this, I'll be laughing and playimg it on my Xbox One while you all are left to fry in the sun :dancing:

Edit:

Okay that was below the belt but still true narntheless hehe

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yes, because trolls don't attack other people who post in a thread... or WAIT, they do???  Hmmm.  What I said is that I don't want what you want, and didn't attack you, simply said that the nature of your post indicates that you are probably a troll... thank you kindly for confirming that ;)

"1 is 1"

Yes, because trolls don't attack other people who post in a thread... or WAIT, they do??? Hmmm. What I said is that I don't want what you want, and didn't attack you, simply said that the nature of your post indicates that you are probably a troll... thank you kindly for confirming that ;)

I get it...

So you can attack/call me a troll but I can't call you a troll for stating that I'm a troll without any real reason? You must be a flat-earther as well teehee :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

where are you getting that 'most' people always agrees with you is beyond me, but at least you are kinda funny

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I get it from the comments left by the members, granted that they've states what they'd change - but they weren't disagreeing :D

Well you still have yet to show where I have made up the "facts". Your alternative fact shenanigans are the enemy of the forums.

But alas, the trolls may allign with you while the stars align with me, my dear Boreo <3

I didn't know that I have to show that your facts and truths and your knowledge are made up.

Because usually the guy who calls "facts" brings some proof - like a reliable source or anything more substancial than his own presumptions.

If not I could claim that I knew the truth - and the truth would be that you'd have a microphallus. And as long as you could't proof me wrong it would stay a fact.

Doesn't really work that way, does it?

You presented not one single fact so far. Just assumptions, presumptions and opinions. That would be totally ok if you wouldn't imply that it's more than that. Constantly...

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I didn't know that I have to show that your facts and truths and your knowledge are made up.

Because usually the guy who calls "facts" brings some proof - like a reliable source or anything more substancial than his own presumptions.

If not I could claim that I knew the truth - and the truth would be that you'd have a microphallus. And as long as you could't proof me wrong it would stay a fact.

Doesn't really work that way, does it?

You presented not one single fact so far. Just assumptions, presumptions and opinions. That would be totally ok if you wouldn't imply that it's more than that. Constantly...

Dont poke him or he will share a picture :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And where exactly are these made up facts Boreor? You keeo talking in circles, you always say this very thing or similar on different threads but you have yet to give actual examples.

If it's the "I speak for everyone" thing well of course, it's only because I said it to begin with that people have disagreed in the first place. It was to spite me. Is that what you're talkimg about here?

Dont poke him or he will share a picture :)

Oh my. Oh deer.

I was actually thinking about changing my avatar and signature instead to support my hurt and therapy ;)

Edited by SonicMage117

Oh my. Oh deer.

I was actually thinking about changing my avatar and signature instead to support my hurt and therapy ;)

I really don't get this discussion. But then again, last time I listened to what the squirrels told me to do, I ended up at a police station.

I bet you he's Sinestro in disguise. 

• Like 4

Nerf Troubadour!

"Last time I listen to what the squirrels told me to do, I ended up at the police station"

LOL! I literally laughed out loud

By george, great scott!

You've just reminded me of...

• Like 1

You keeo talking in circles, you always say this very thing or similar on different threads

That's like complaining about being arrested every time one shows his wiener in public. It's wrong and the good officers won't stop arresting you just because you do it very often.

• Like 3

As most commenters/posters agreed with me

FACT CHECK

Anyways, I do like your game pitch, and if Obsidan would make it, I'd sure play it. Sounds a bit like Borderlands 2, but SP and with a set protagonist and a great story and a cool varied planet to explore.

ONE IN FAVOUR

I don't think so, bub.

ONE AGAINST

"InsaneCommander" post="2115750" timestamp="1542637642"]

Ok, but at least let the npcs make an attempt:

AND THERE WAS A VIDEO HERE

ONE ABSTAIN, A CLEAR EXCUSE FOR A JOKE DON'T YOU EVEN TRY TO CLAIM THIS AS A VOTE IN FAVOUR

"kirottu"

What if all the female aliens had big boobs and tails? Then it would be just criminal if we didn't get to romance them.

TWO ABSTAIN

"Enoch"Bad form to write a thread title as a declaration (or exclamation!) when it's really a request. :bat:

THREE ABSTAIN

"Triple - A Foxy Lad"

Id just replay ME2 tbh - or one of the KOTORs. Maybe even nier automata? Or however u spell that game.

Horizon zero dawn possibly?

no romances? Cant approve of a big flashy space opera with no necking. But thats me.

Dont have any great objection to what u detail but u could prob find comparable out there.

Also am unsure if obs are the best candidates to make such.

Theres prob some jrpg out there like u describe but im behind the times there bruv.

I WILL CHARITABLY COUNT THIS AS AN ABSTAIN, FOUR ABSTAIN

"algroth"

To be fair, there's a good chance the Cainarsky is all of these things.

FIVE ABSTAIN

"majestic"

An RPG set in the League of 20000 planets or even only The Cluster would be so awesome. Man... now I want a Lexx game. :(

SIX ABSTAIN

"injurai"

Pretty sure it will be a Vampire romance puzzle game.

SEVEN ABSTAIN

"bugarup"

They multiply by biting."

EIGHT ABSTAIN

"evilcat"

TPP sure why not, some action elements, ok why not. Could be space. Could be vampires in space.

But cant agree on romance ban, games need some love. And what is the point of having alliens if you cant have third grade contanct with them, huh?

ONE AMBIVALENT, COULD AT BEST BE SAID TO BE MERELY OK WITH MOST OF THE ELEMENTS, WHILE DISAGREEING WITH ONE OF THEM

"InsaneCommander"

But what if they are really alien? Not humanoid, with tentacles, oily skin... etc.

Star trek characters have got pregnant without even noticing it. And I'm talking about a male character. :p

NINE ABSTAIN WAIT ON COUNTBACK IT'S THE SAME GUY AS BEFORE OK IT'S STILL ONLY EIGHT

"Chilloutman"

If Japan tought us anything, its that tentacles are not an obstacle but advantage...

NINE ABSTAIN, ALSO, GROSS

"InsaneCommander"

Maybe the Xenomorph or the Predator would be romance options too. :alienani:

STILL ABSTAINING BUT IT'S THE SAME GUY SO COUNT DOESN'T CHANGE

OK I'M GONNA JUST SKIP THROUGH THE TENTACLE CHAT

No thanks. Obsidian have proven time and again that they struggle with making good action RPG gameplay. Even when I liked their attempt at it (Alpha Protocol), this led to a devastating commercial failure and hard times for the company.

That said, this really might be what Outer Worlds offers, since over-the-shoulder / first-person, open-world-ish big market RPG has always been in Obsidian's / Feargus's ambitions from Day 1.

TWO AGAINST, ALSO ALPHA PROTOCOL RULES

"Boeroer"

A MEME DISAGREEING WITH THE ASSERTION THAT YOU SPEAK FOR EVERYONE

ANOTHER VOTE CHARITABLY COUNTED AS 'ABSTAIN' FOR TEN

"Triple - A Foxy Lad"

ye and horizon zero dawn was by new vegas' very own john gonzalez.

aint played it myself yet bcs no ps4. oh well.

OH IT'S THE SAME PERSON AND ALSO AN ABSTAIN AND ALSO YEAH HZD RULES

All I have to say is that is exactly what I do NOT want. While I strongly suspect this was just meant as a form of trolllery... Still have to say it. Don't do this, Obsidian (not that there is any evidence or reason to think that this is in the works, but still).

THREE VOTES AGAINST

FACT CHECK COMPLETE, AT TIME OF CLAIMING THAT MOST PEOPLE AGREED WITH YOU, MOST PEOPLE DIDN'T REALLY OFFER A FIRM OPINION, BUT MORE PEOPLE OUTRIGHT DISAGREED THAN AGREED.

ALSO I NEUTERED SOME QUOTE BOXES BECAUSE THE FORUMS DIDN'T LIKE HAVING THAT MANY

• Like 6

So you're saying that if people say "We like your idea but we would like this included" that it counts disagreeing? Lol

Life does not operate in literals, my good madame.

Edited by SonicMage117

So you're saying that if people say "We like your idea but we would like this included" that it counts disagreeing? Lol

Life does not operate in literals, my good madame.

Replies that I counted as 'disagree':

"I don't think so, bub."

"No thanks."

And the one that you responded to saying that the majority of people agreed with you.

As God is my witness, you will one day learn to read.

• Like 1

People don't have to say "I agree" to agree, the context which supports their agreement is more than enough. It's not a lrgal focused document.

and you see that context everywhere where it suits you

• Like 1

and you see that context everywhere where it suits you

Thank you my dear friend <3

People don't have to say "I agree" to agree, the context which supports their agreement is more than enough. It's not a lrgal focused document.

Maybe. But if people say "No", "I don't want that" or "Not for me" we can savely assume that they don't agree.

Reading that (?) and then claiming that everybody agrees doesn't leave the most honorable impression.

Partial agreement should never be forced as disagreement, that has never been true in the real world but then again, on the forums it may fly or be accepted as fact. Idk.

Dear Obsidian,

I was thinking about Kotor II, I know I speak for everyone here when I say we'd love a similar game but with better combat, fast paced action oriented combat, qte's and being only on one planet.

Traveling to different planets is some overused bs in today's sci-fi games, we just need one planet so the game can be focused. Aliens, I'd love lots of different alien species.

No spaceship for travel, no need to go into space. I'd like to see some in the environment just for show though, like set pieces.

No romances, resources better spent elsewhere.

Lots of unique sci-fi melee and ranged weaponry

A main protagonist who is fixed as a character but can be whatever class you make them.

Regenerating health, no rest needed for restorations.

No D&D bs basically. Just a simple combat system yo make the game engaging, so you could focus on making the story more complex and refined, more meaningful. Today's greatest storytelling games have no combat after all and you'll worry less about balancing.

That's my pitch, love ya guys! Pillars 1 still my favorite game of all time :)

This sounds like the worst drekstain on gaming since microtransactions.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

As God is my witness, you will one day learn to read.

Mrs Andersson, my kindergarden teacher, is that you?

You should not be here. This is the internet. Dark things happen here. Misspellings, for one. 

Nerf Troubadour!