When will you announce your secret game?

Tokens

Whats MCA? Tried google, but seems to have many meanings.

If Josh Sawyer is the boss, he has said he would like to make a historical game i think. That doesnt really fit with the name Outer Worlds.

He has also said that some of the people working there would like to make a Dune game, which fits with the name.

What was PoE2 called when it was in development? Project Lousiana? Why would this project not have a similar name? Where does Outer Worlds come from?

Please excuse spelling, grammar mistakes and such. And if this info is innacurate, or mistakes in the text.

MCA stands for Master of Ceremonies Avellone. Some people think MCA stands for Mister Chris Avellone, but they are wrong, weak, and they wont survive the winter.

Chris Avellone is a well known game developer of such acclaimed games as Mecha Raptor High School Romance Simulator and Doki Doki Who's That In My Basement Romance Simulator. Oh, and I guess some other people might know him from games like Planescape Torment, Fallout 2, and Kotor 2.

Man, writing this made want to play Doki Doki Who's That In My Basement Romance Simulator all over again.

• Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

If Josh Sawyer is the boss, he has said he would like to make a historical game i think. That doesnt really fit with the name Outer Worlds.

He has also said that some of the people working there would like to make a Dune game, which fits with the name.

What was PoE2 called when it was in development? Project Lousiana? Why would this project not have a similar name? Where does Outer Worlds come from?

Please excuse spelling, grammar mistakes and such. And if this info is innacurate, or mistakes in the text.

It's not Dune. It's a new IP Cain&Boyarsky etc. have created. It's not Sawyer's historical game either. Sawyer is producing the game, he isn't the project director and the game has been in the making for few years already and Josh just got moved onto the project.

And the project has a name Project Indiana. Obsidian has trademarked The Outer Worlds so the game is most likely going to be called that.

Edited by Flouride
  • Like 3

Hate the living, love the dead.

It's not Dune. It's a new IP Cain&Boyarsky etc. have created. It's not Sawyer's historical game either. Sawyer is producing the game, he isn't the project director and the game has been in the making for few years already and Josh just got moved onto the project.

And the project has a name Project Indiana. Obsidian has trademarked The Outer Worlds so the game is most likely going to be called that.

I mean, this info basically screams a new, but familiar take on Fallout 1+2, perhaps a spiritual successor to those games, a bit like Pillars of Eternity vis-a-vis Baldur's Gate (no other comparisons intended). I'd hazard a guess and say that it will be party-based and isometric.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

MCA stands for Master of Ceremonies Avellone. Some people think MCA stands for Mister Chris Avellone, but they are wrong, weak, and they wont survive the winter.

Wha?!

Tell my wife and children... I loved them....

And someone tell Mr. Chris Avellone, for his own good... to stop runnin' his mouth so much....

Time for me...…………

To go.

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I mean, this info basically screams a new, but familiar take on Fallout 1+2, perhaps a spiritual successor to those games, a bit like Pillars of Eternity vis-a-vis Baldur's Gate (no other comparisons intended). I'd hazard a guess and say that it will be party-based and isometric.

They are using Unreal Engine for the game and I have vague memory of reading somewhere that it is actually an open world game. Which would make it more like Vampire:Bloodlines.

• Like 3

Hate the living, love the dead.

• 3 weeks later...

They are using Unreal Engine for the game and I have vague memory of reading somewhere that it is actually an open world game. Which would make it more like Vampire:Bloodlines.

Sigh... not another open world :'(

The only thing, which interests me now about the game is: Will it be available on GOG?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours