So, what do you think, is the best solo class at the moment?

I played mostly solo and the best one i played was Holy Slayer. The damage is pretty good and the class is more survivable than a Marauder.

But i don't think the class can solo the mega boss. I tried it and you don't have enough ACC to hit it until it gets around 70 wrath of the empress and then it can suddenly 2 shot you with ~3xx hp.

So, someone told me, a psyblade is pretty good. Mostly because of the brilliant inspiration and you got unlimited use of unbending.

What are your thoughts?

Sadly, you cannot use Brilliant on yourself :)

Otherwise, I would have told you that spamming endless Crishing Dooms would have been either close or the best thing for beating the bosses. 

A Cypher/Fighter is pretty solid otherwise. You can use Black Jacket to cycle through weapon modals and debuff enemies for Cypher skills, which is a pretty cool stuff. And the class can use Kapana Taga with Borrowed Instincts, which is never bad. 

I must say that the definition of 'best solo class' is wonky at best, because it means so many different things to different people. Who are we to define fun? Still, I am playing this toon at the moment that promises around 800 damage in a single attack to the BoW dragon. It can also do Barring Death's door for nearly a minute and have enough Will to fully resist any Arcane Dampener. If that's your territory, then check it out.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105954-a-pure-wizard-thaumaturge-of-wael/

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Sadly, you cannot use Brilliant on yourself :)

Otherwise, I would have told you that spamming endless Crishing Dooms would have been either close or the best thing for beating the bosses. 

A Cypher/Fighter is pretty solid otherwise. You can use Black Jacket to cycle through weapon modals and debuff enemies for Cypher skills, which is a pretty cool stuff. And the class can use Kapana Taga with Borrowed Instincts, which is never bad. 

I must say that the definition of 'best solo class' is wonky at best, because it means so many different things to different people. Who are we to define fun? Still, I am playing this toon at the moment that promises around 800 damage in a single attack to the BoW dragon. It can also do Barring Death's door for nearly a minute and have enough Will to fully resist any Arcane Dampener. If that's your territory, then check it out.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105954-a-pure-wizard-thaumaturge-of-wael/

What? Why? All my plans vanished. Great.

I hope you have more luck with your build.

Like baldurs_gate_2, my go to solo builds have been falling short. So I'd definitely be curious to hear if anyone has solo-ed her on upscaled PotD, and if so, with what build.

(I even tried the Brand Enemy route, because I can tank indefinitely given her initial state. But unfortunately, even if you never attack, she kills so many of her own spawn that her accuracy goes up pretty quickly, and she can eventually start critting you repeatedly until you eventually go down... I also tried quickly killing all of the hives first, to stop the little spiders from spawning, but I haven't been able to do it fast enough yet (those hives have a surprisingly high number of HPs)...)

Edited by whimper

Like baldurs_gate_2, my go to solo builds have been falling short. So I'd definitely be curious to hear if anyone has solo-ed her on upscaled PotD, and if so, with what build.

(I even tried the Brand Enemy route, because I can tank indefinitely given her initial state. But unfortunately, even if you never attack, she kills so many of her own spawn that her accuracy goes up pretty quickly, and she can eventually start critting you repeatedly until you eventually go down... I also tried quickly killing all of the hives first, to stop the little spiders from spawning, but I haven't been able to do it fast enough yet (those hives have a surprisingly high number of HPs)...)

Äh i beat her solo with my Holy Slayer. Brand Enemy does only 2 damage, but gougin strike 9, so 11 damage. You can smoke veil out and wait at the entrance unnoticed until she dies.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 1

Like baldurs_gate_2, my go to solo builds have been falling short. So I'd definitely be curious to hear if anyone has solo-ed her on upscaled PotD, and if so, with what build.

Äh i beat her solo with my Holy Slayer. Brand Enemy does only 2 damage, but gougin strike 9, so 11 damage. You can smoke veil out and wait at the entrance unnoticed until she dies.

Ah, should’ve tried that. I’ll retrain, and then it’s time for round 2!