IF No One in the party has high Perception, are you screwed?

Yeah, not too fond of the switch from Mechanics to Perception in PoEt2. I understand the concept, but, when you take into account your starting companions, it really gimps parties where the MC doesn't use Perception as a main stat. It was irritating not being able to find the hidden stashes in Port Maje in the early game because of it.

• Like 1

I agree. I didnt like this change and i was never sure why this changed happened. At best it should be an either or check with mechanics. To me the worst issue with this is its not scalable. You dont ever increase you stats on level up and im not saying you should, but having a scaling difficulty to perception checks for an unscalable stats seems wrong even with gear and drugs and stuff. 

Edited by draego
  • Like 2

Answer to title: no, you are not screwed if you aren't able to find every single treasure in the game due to not having sky-high perception, neither are you screwed if you can't detect all traps.

That said,

a) If you are willing to play with custom adventurers, you can have somebody with as high perception as your PC could get

b) You can always take Maia Rua for high perception for trap detection; Pallegina with a few sources of +PER should find most things too. Companions ordered by perception (stats taken from wiki)

17 Maia Rua

14 Pallegina

12 Aloth, Eder, Serafen, Xoti

10 Tekehu

c) Sidekicks ordered by perception

15 Vatnir, Ydwin

14 Mirke, Rekke

12 Fassina

10 Konstanten

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Answer to title: no, you are not screwed if you aren't able to find every single treasure in the game due to not having sky-high perception, neither are you screwed if you can't detect all traps.

That said,

a) If you are willing to play with custom adventurers, you can have somebody with as high perception as your PC could get

b) You can always take Maia Rua for high perception for trap detection; Pallegina with a few sources of +PER should find most things too. Companions ordered by perception (stats taken from wiki)

17 Maia Rua

14 Pallegina

12 Aloth, Eder, Serafen, Xoti

10 Tekehu

c) Sidekicks ordered by perception

15 Vatnir, Ydwin

14 Mirke, Rekke

12 Fassina

10 Konstanten

Maia would be a solution but I want to support the Huana so...kind of screwed.

• Like 1