Hey guys, 

So, I'm making an import save for the Bleak Walker I plan to be playing for my criminal/Principi route, and while most of the choices are more or less simple enough (Kill everyone as the opportunity strikes, take chances to gain power), the one decision that's proven to be most difficult for me is whether or not to kill Llengrath or to share knowledge with her. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

On the one hand, from a purely class based perspective, the choice is obvious - my Bleak Walker would both relish the challenge of fighting two dragons and an archmage at once, and would be mighty affronted by her essentially treating me like a pest to be eliminated. That's very much in keeping with the Bleak Walker way of handling conflict resolution. 

On the other hand, my character is meant to embody shades of the cultured pirate archetype, a mix of Furrante and Aeldys. He's incredibly intelligent and shrewd, all the more dangerous for it, and the idea of pursuing immortality isn't really something he's concerned with. He's still in his prime, after all. He might decide that discussing terms with Llengrath and trying to get at some of her knowledge/make an ally of her would be the wiser of the two options. 

From a gameplay perspective, I like having as many avenues for dialogue open for my characters as possible. I know if you spare Llengrath, she shows up in Deadfire and has nice things to say about you. I'm not sure what happens if you kill her, or if the exchange is as robust if it does occur. Also, I haven't yet managed to finish the fight in PoE1 so I feel a bit guilty about saying I did in my created save. 

If you're roleplaying your Bleak Walker as written then the choice is obvious. Kill Llengrath in the most gruesome way possible. She sent assassins after you, by the Bleak Walker creed you are supposed to make an example of her that is so extreme that no one else would dare do the same again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Llengrath sends assassins to kill you. It's only fair to respond in kind.

... Oh that's right, she does. I completely forgot about that. 

Yeah, she dies. Plus I think it's kind of funny going in to the Archmage DLC having already killed two of them. Twice, in the case of Concelhaut. 

Remember to keep a separate save file where you murder Arkemyr too, just to see if there's any reactivity to that. The Archmage DLC is something I'm looking forward to very, very much, hehehe.

Edited by Clerith
  • Like 1

Sorry, but what quest is this? I dont remember facing Llengrath in my gameplay.

It's in the White March: part 2. Llengrath sends assassins after you to take Concelhaut's philactery (from WM1), after which you can access the swamp area she's in. Depending on your choices, you either kill her and her pet dragons, or end up exchanging soul essence with her for knowledge.

For Deadfire, she shows up in the Arkemyr questline, and possibly in The Forgotten Sanctum DLC as well

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 1

Sorry, but what quest is this? I dont remember facing Llengrath in my gameplay.

It's in the White March: part 2. Llengrath sends assassins after you to take Concelhaut's philactery (from WM1), after which you can access the swamp area she's in. Depending on your choices, you either kill her and her pet dragons, or end up exchanging soul essence with her for knowledge.

For Deadfire, she shows up in the Arkemyr questline, and possibly in The Forgotten Sanctum DLC as well

I totally missed the point that this is about a POE1 decision. Sorry, and thanks!

I havent played White March yet. I played POE1 when it wasnt out yet, so i just bought it to replay the whole game.