dps tests of some classes/multiclasses * some values will change with 2.1 patch

But not only that ;) Single class monk can shred bosses on the pieces without any special tactics, at first you need 2 blunderbusses with 4x projectile attack, then max perc and take some accuracy bonus or  item with hit -> crit conversion, starts spam Stunning Surge with 30% crit chance you will be able to refund monk resources on each hit, each cast will generate 8 resonates and daze boss (for Ukaizo it mean 11 penetration xD) , by themselves Blunderbuss can't hurt boss, but when you stack ~ 50 resonates, you can do a lot of damage a once 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

• 4 weeks later...

Highest DPS builds i can think of:

- Scepter/Pistol full attack build (any combination of Ranger, Fighter, Rogue or Pally). Equip Pistol in MH, scepter in OH and set up AI to spam full attacks until dry. Should be very high on your chart since it has no recovery and no wind-up time, so it should steal all enemies from other builds.

Can you explain this a bit more, please?

Highest DPS builds i can think of:

- Scepter/Pistol full attack build (any combination of Ranger, Fighter, Rogue or Pally). Equip Pistol in MH, scepter in OH and set up AI to spam full attacks until dry. Should be very high on your chart since it has no recovery and no wind-up time, so it should steal all enemies from other builds.

Can you explain this a bit more, please?

There was a bug which allowed to shoot without reload/recovery if you were using a loading weapon and a recovery weapon with full attacks. It was fixed a few patches ago...

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

If you want decent range or melee build, then just pick single-class Monk - on L8 they get Resonate touch skill, this skill with max might add ~25 raw damage for each your hit, on L9 they get Whispers of the Wind which currently the best unlimited mult-target ability in the game ;)

So for example if your enemies stay together each Blunderbuss hit can generate resonate on each enemy in blunderbuss AOE, 5 FULL ATTACKS HITS with Whispers of the Wind on 5 Enemies can generate 10 Resonates for each enemy which equal to ~250 non avoidable damage per target, but the real fun starts when you pick Kitchen Stove, with +2 projectiles update, now after Whispers of the Wind you can generate 15 Resonante per target in blunderbuss AOE and 4 per target (and may generate up 40 resonates for random target in) from Kitchen Stove which is something like 19 Resonates ~ 400DM per target, which in summary may get you ~2500 DM per single ability ;)

Are there any non gun weapon that can do similar?

Non-gun? Don't think so. Barbarian with Heart of Fury and dual hand mortars. It's comparable but Whispers of the Wind + Resonant Touch will always be better. But you'll get HoF earlier.

Atm I think nothing can beat monk with dual mortars + Whispers of the Wind (+Avenging Storm).

Hyleon_rocks.gif?dl=1

Also as a whole char comcept because of Stunning Surge and Flagellant's Path (both awesomest with mortars).

Non-gun variants can be Battlemage with Clear Out + Spirit Lance. Or Sage with Torment's Reach + Swift Flurry + Heartbeat Drumming + Spirit Lance (also Stunning Surge). They are cool and powerful but not as devastating.

A very nice melee variant is Rogue/Soulblade with Whispers of the Endless Paths. Rocks right from the beginning.

SA_WotEP.gif?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, Dr. Hieronymous Alloy said:

As a practical example, in the DLC there are many fights that consist of a small number (2-4) of very high health enemies who are also weak to fire damage.

If you can land CW on them, and then a few casts of a bouncing attack like Mind Blades or Bounding Missiles, it's not hard to quickly rack up 20+ stacks of CW within a few seconds. Nothing survives that. Even very high AR enemies die rapidly anyway because resistance doesn't matter if you're being hit for 1,000 damage anyway,.

Do stuff like Chanter's damage chants also activate Combusting Wounds?!

10 minutes ago, Lampros said:

Do stuff like Chanter's damage chants also activate Combusting Wounds?!

it needs to have an attack roll. i think the initial application of come/come or dragon thrashed will trigger it, but not subsequent ticks. i could be wrong about the initial part, but ticks should not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thelee said:

it needs to have an attack roll. i think the initial application of come/come or dragon thrashed will trigger it, but not subsequent ticks. i could be wrong about the initial part, but ticks should not.

Ah, ok. Thanks!