Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'd like to change my portrait's hair colour and would like help

favor request portrait

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

As the title says, I'd like to change my character portraits hair colour to better reflect my character in the game. I've tried changing it in gimp by following tutorials to minor success but it just doesn't look quite right. If somebody could do me a solid and change my portrait's hair colour from lightish green to darkish red like in the screenshots provided that would be awesome. 

It's really getting under my skin not having a portrait that matches my character. ;_; Surely you understand.

P.S If it's not too much to ask could the eye colour also be changed from green to gold? It would mean a lot to me.

Attached Files

• Tick likes this

Tick

Tick

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts
This isn't really my area of expertise, but if no one else jumps on this, I'll try to help. :)
  • Boeroer and LegendaryWyatt like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is this ok?

female_nature_godlike_modified.png?dl=1

• Tick, Silent Winter, Purudaya and 2 others like this

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

Is this ok?

HOLY CRAP, that's ****ing incredible. I'm speechless. Thank you so much! It's perfect!

• Boeroer likes this

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

This isn't really my area of expertise, but if no one else jumps on this, I'll try to help. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the thought.

• Tick likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

HOLY CRAP, that's ****ing incredible. I'm speechless. Thank you so much! It's perfect!

Hehe - well, then I'm happy as well. :)
  • LegendaryWyatt likes this

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

Hehe - well, then I'm happy as well. :)

You should be! Thanks again for taking the time out of your day to help out a fellow player, I appreciate it.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

No worries - it only took 5 to 10 minutes or so. And I like to do such shortish image manipulations just for a change to coding/analyzing code. :)

Edited by Boeroer, 03 August 2018 - 12:05 AM.

• Karkarov and LegendaryWyatt like this

Kexby

Kexby

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 72 posts

That's excellent Boeroer! Well done :)

Edited by Kexby, 03 August 2018 - 12:08 AM.

• Boeroer likes this

Tick

Tick

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts

Is this ok?

That's really well done! Like it actually looks pretty natural.
  • Boeroer and LegendaryWyatt like this

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

No worries - it only took 5 to 10 minutes or so. And I like to do such shortish image manipulations just for a change to coding/analyzing code. :)

God, this is embarrassing. I'm super grateful still, but if it's not too much to ask one more thing of you could you change the ear colour to be similar to the face? I promise this will be the last thing I ask of you.  :facepalm:

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I already made them a tad more green but not all the way because I thought a slightly different (more yellowish) color might look nice.

If you prefer "greener" ears (in line with the face): no problem at all. I just went to bed though - so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

I already made them a tad more green but not all the way because I thought a slightly different (more yellowish) color might look nice.

If you prefer "greener" ears (in line with the face): no problem at all. I just went to bed though - so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

Very well, I'll make do. Thanks for replying b4 you went to bed. I did notice that, but my nitpicking got the better of me.

• Boeroer likes this

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

I thought you guys might be interested in what I've created (by following a tutorial) out of the image Boeroer so kindly provided me with. It's a water colour version of it for use within the game. Other people can use it too, if they want. Thanks again! :banana:

Attached Files

Edited by LegendaryWyatt, 03 August 2018 - 10:15 PM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
We could also just use the original wc portrait and change the colors a bit. I guess that's easier than making a watercolor version from a "normal" portrait (which is tricky if you want to really match the original Deadfire watercolor style in my opinion).

Or wait: was the above picture an official one? If not forget what I said. ;)

Edited by Boeroer, 04 August 2018 - 01:36 AM.

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

We could also just use the original wc portrait and change the colors a bit. I guess that's easier than making a watercolor version from a "normal" portrait (which is tricky if you want to really match the original Deadfire watercolor style in my opinion).

Understatement of the year.

Also, no, his image was fan art, not an official portrait.

• Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Well then you have fiddle around of course. :)

I managed to make some ok watercolor portraits that match Obsidian ones - but for every portrait there's a different approach since they all differ in contrast, style and so on. Sometimes it's really easier to just draw it and not try to use filters and stuff on the original one.
  • Karkarov likes this

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

Understatement of the year.

Also, no, his image was fan art, not an official portrait.

Actually, it was a cropped version of concept art from the original PoE, so in a way, it WAS official. ;)

Source: https://pillarsofete.../Nature_godlike

Edited by LegendaryWyatt, 04 August 2018 - 12:30 PM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Oh, I forgot to make your ears green. wait a minute...

LegendaryWyatt

LegendaryWyatt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

Well then you have fiddle around of course. :)

I managed to make some ok watercolor portraits that match Obsidian ones - but for every portrait there's a different approach since they all differ in contrast, style and so on. Sometimes it's really easier to just draw it and not try to use filters and stuff on the original one.

I spent literal HOURS yesterday trying to get that effect. If you think you could do a better one, be my guest! I'd love to have a watercolour portrait that more closely matches the Deadfire style.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: favor, request, portrait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users