Try assassinate+backstab with run through from wotep. It's very nice

Is it? Only the first target of WotEP gets backstab bonus.

It's a singletarget attack gained from enchanting. It deals high dmg, knocks prone and leaves a high raw dmg dot on the target. It is also 1 per encounter

Edited by Dorftek

Am I missing something with the slippers of the assassin from the DLC? I spawned them in the with the console, and I kill something, but nothing happens. And there is no tool tip or description for "shadow form". They do make it harder for me to flank enemies, though.

I'm thinking of a soul blade/assassin with a greatsword. That might be the highest soul annihilation damage you can possibly get (barring a bloodied and flanked streetfighter who goes invisible and switches to a greatsword for a backstab, which seems pretty hard to pull off) because backstab boosts SA's raw damage. Looks like a nice use for the new greatsword, since it's a build that likes to crit, is likely to score quite a few kills per fight and is very squishy. And savage attack is very good with soul annihilation, since it's yet another source of +weapon damage.

Edited by grasida

Funny - they work totally fine for me. Did you use the console command

removeAllAbilities <player name>
?

Because that also seems to remove abilities of item origin - unless you reequip.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I didn't use that command. I've tried verifying the game files, reinstalling, creating a new save and going and purchasing the item instead of consoling it in, but none of that makes it work. That's why I'm wondering if I'm just being stupid and missing something. I don't go invisible when I kill something and I don't see any new abilities to activate on the character's bar.

I didn't use that command. I've tried verifying the game files, reinstalling, creating a new save and going and purchasing the item instead of consoling it in, but none of that makes it work. That's why I'm wondering if I'm just being stupid and missing something. I don't go invisible when I kill something and I don't see any new abilities to activate on the character's bar.

Are you using any DoTs? They will break invisibility on the first tick, which is often the moment they are applied.

I meant if the powers granted by the boots show up anywhere. I can’t click on shadow form for a description, for example, but with most items you can. And the effects granted by most items show up on the character screen, but not with these boots.

DoTs don't remove invisibility anymore. That was fixed in a former patch.

The boots work like this: you kill an enemy, you immediately turn invisible (for 6 secs or so). If it doesn't work then something's wrong. So far it worked every time for me. Doesn't matter if I console them or not.

On the char sheet you will find it under "Current Effects" and also under "Abilites":

shadow_form.png?dl=1

Which command did you use to get them with the console? The "proper" one would be 

giveitem LAXD_Boots_U_Slippers_Of_The_Assassin
Edited by Boeroer

The boots work like this: you kill an enemy, you immediately turn invisible (for 6 secs or so). If it doesn't work then something's wrong. So far it worked every time for me. Doesn't matter if I console them or not.

On the char sheet you will find it under "Current Effects" and also under "Abilites":

shadow_form.png?dl=1

Which command did you use to get them with the console? The "proper" one would be

That sounds like a pair of really cool boots, but lemme guess, it can only proc 1 per rest? ;P

Nope, luckily 1/encouter. :)

Like the Rakhan Field Boots from the vanilla game which are far more powerful. ;)

Yeah i really like those boots, i like all the 1 per encounter gear like Thunderous report, Wotep enchants and those boots. Wish they just made all the special gear attacks 1 per encounter because in general the 1 per encounter attacks that exist right now is stronger then the 1 per rest stuff O_o

shadow_form.png?dl=1

That’s the command I used, but I also loaded a game and went and bought them and they still didn’t work. It’s really weird. But I’m on vacation now and away from my computer for a week, so have no way to figure out what’s going on until then.

Hm... Which spells? There is a difference between pulsing spells like Chillfog and Malignant Cloud and DoT spells like Necrotic Lance.

But maybe it's like you said and it's only fixed for weapon induced DoTs - although that'd be weird.

So I was testing some Assassin multiclasses with the Oathbreaker's End and every time I used smoke veil I would instantly become visible again. I removed deep wounds, then persistent distraction (thought maybe it was auto engaging which was breaking it) then both; every time it would cancel instantly. Then I realised it must be the DoT from the axe itself. Haven't tested other weapon DoTs or martial skills that apply them however, so maybe it's just an oversight since it's a new weapon? This is false.

The spells I used were Chillfog and Ninagauth's Bitter Mooring, so that could explain it.

Edited by thundercleese

Oh, that's a pity. You should write a bug report. I also thought about using it with an Assassin - because the AoE raw damage on kill is pretty strong and you can potentially one-shot enemies from stealth/invisibility. 

Oh, that's a pity. You should write a bug report. I also thought about using it with an Assassin - because the AoE raw damage on kill is pretty strong and you can potentially one-shot enemies from stealth/invisibility. 

Yeah, that was my thoughts but sadly not. Also Finishing Blow doesn't seem to give its bonus damage, which is sad. And Eliminating Blow didn't proc the AoE at all.  :ermm: Highest I've seen so far was 110 from a crit. :)

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Turns out the fight I was testing on has a mob that has a invisibility dispelling aura. Weapon DoTs do not cancel invisibility. :)

Edited by thundercleese