While Obsidian is not in a hurry to re-balance game (just look at last 3 patches), I offer community to create topic with changes that they think will improve game combat mechanic and class balance and make game fun

But before we started let's limit our suggestions with some rules

* No new mechanics. Modders can't change engine mechanics, so suggestion should reuse some existed mechanic or just has some number tweaking
* No Nerfs only improvements
* No AI changes
* For classes we will balance only single classes (I'm sure we can't balance all existed multi-classes)
* For combat, only simple combat mechanics

For example:

Make all class achieve at least 50% recovery bonus, 120 ACC, 120 DEFL,  ... to make fights faster, interesting and stable
Make all martial classes has some way to refund their resource
Add more martial skills to Druid, Wizard, Cipher
Remove useless abilities and skills from skill trees
Better animal companions
Unique spells from scrolls

Make bosses same as they was in PoE I, high deflection, lower HP, fun AOE
Add more bosses, change some numbers and skills for existed enemies
Add more mustistage fights like Ukazio

What do you think does community need something like that ? I will have some free time in the end of next moth and want to create some fun game mod :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I imagine about series of mods that will make game fun and interesting, like SCS for BG 2 or PRC for NWN

I don't believe that Obsidian will make recovery bonuses same as in patch 1.0.1 or change bosses mechanics, or convert normal monsters to bosses

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

For example paladins all their skills between L3 and L9 didn't bring anything interesting to your game-play

Few buffs and one useless resurrection spell, even if we only convert all paladins spells to self point AOE something like auras, this will make more sense than single target buff
We can reduce paladin resurrection cost to 2 zeal and make ability hit paladin with 50 raw damage, instead of 150 for pure companion

We can add more offensive skills, or create some kind of dark paladin with debuffs instead of buffs

Edited by mant2si

No one would be unhappy if they fixed Ranger pets 

They kind of do in the latest beta patch. Whether that's enough remains to be seen.

They didn't change base damage scaling :(

No, but they reduced recovery penalty and increased attack speed - which is both the same (for dps numbers) as raising base damage.

But that not 100% true, Furious Call the best pet ability, do Primary attack DM it's no matter how fast you hit if you can't overpen armor and done at lest 30 DM per hit. The same history with Brutal Takedown

Edited by mant2si

You do realize that if you solve everything by buffing players it means you'll have to buff monsters a ****ton too? While nerfs aren't popular, if you have a chair with one leg longer than the others, it's far smoother to shorten that leg than to lengthen the other three and raise the table ;)

• Like 4

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

You do realize that if you solve everything by buffing players it means you'll have to buff monsters a ****ton too? While nerfs aren't popular, if you have a chair with one leg longer than the others, it's far smoother to shorten that leg than to lengthen the other three and raise the table ;)

Yes, but I written only about pure classes and only about abilities that currently useless for example Ram's Sprint barbarian upgrade

I also written that planning to increase HP pools and maybe add some triggers for boss like enemies, not sure if this possible, but something like Nemnok Cloak abilities or unique items with non-drop flag

But I can't do this alone ... there to much abilities, items that need buff and updates so I asked community if some interesting creating list with changes that will make  game funnier 

Edited by mant2si

I'd like it if healing multiplier applied to the healing generated by dmg to healing conversions. Would make Concenhauts draining staff a lot more interesting in certain builds. As well as the chanters dmg to healing chant.

I'd like it if single class characters recieve more resources. As of right now too much is too heavily favouring multiclassing.

I'd like it if backstab were reworked into a multiplying modifier instead of additive so it remains viable throughout the game, a raw lash for example. (obviously not 100% tho :p)

I'd like it if Corpse Eaters could "loot" meat from eatable enemies and use as consumables in combat for the same effect as using the skill.

I'd like it if Ciphers could use their spells on themselves that could before only target allies, such as painlink and painblock for example.

I also do not like that there are so many pierce resist/immune enemies, a proper spear thrust generates a lot of force, its not like we are sticking needles into skeletons (alltho the game suggests it). A saber for example would never penetrate a full plate armor, while i dagger or stiletto would be used to target the weakspots, yet most enemies seems to be resistant to pierce more then others. (also why are daggers doing slash dmg?)

Edited by Dorftek

Rearrange Illusion spells. Reasoning: uneven spell distribution over PL, especially no PL VII and IX picks. Possibly adjust rearranged spells to reflect new PLs.

There is so much stuff .. I wish you good luck mant2si.

Edited by knownastherat

I'd like it if healing multiplier applied to the healing generated by dmg to healing conversions. Would make Concenhauts draining staff a lot more interesting in certain builds. As well as the chanters dmg to healing chant.

I'd like it if single class characters recieve more resources. As of right now too much is too heavily favouring multiclassing.

I'd like it if backstab were reworked into a multiplying modifier instead of additive so it remains viable throughout the game, a raw lash for example. (obviously not 100% tho :p)

I'd like it if Corpse Eaters could "loot" meat from eatable enemies and use as consumables in combat for the same effect as using the skill.

I'd like it if Ciphers could use their spells on themselves that could before only target allies, such as painlink and painblock for example.

Very cool ideas, but this look  like game mechanic changes :D Only cipher spells can changed to self target, there already existed mod on nexus. 

When I written about changes I mean for example add quick slot from Arms Bearer because now this ability pretty useless and no-one pick it

Edited by mant2si

Or move Wilder Hunter  to Ranger skill tree and add same abilities for all races :D
Make Combat Focus restore 1 concentration each 10 sec or reduce Savage Defiance cost to 1 rage with (Upgrade) 
Make Ram's Sprint do crush damage for example and stun targets for 2 sec

Edited by mant2si

Very cool ideas, but this look  like game mechanic changes :D Only cipher spells can changed to self target, there already existed mod on nexus. 

When I written about changes I mean for example add quick slot from Arms Bearer because now this ability pretty useless and no-one pick it

Oh i see, yeah i have no idea what is and what is not easy to mod :D

@man2si:

Don't know if you're aware of this but there is Slack Channel dedicated for modders. Could be helpful.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103179-mod-dev-only-slack-channel/?hl=slack

And the names I see popping up who gives good advise are peardox and Zap For Hire. Not sure about this, but the changes might involve decompiling the core files (it is dll assemblies on win, not sure what format they exist on other OS). And the said posters can definitely help.

Edited by mosspit

@man2si:

Don't know if you're aware of this but there is Slack Channel dedicated for modders. Could be helpful.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103179-mod-dev-only-slack-channel/?hl=slack

And the names I see popping up who gives good advise are peardox and Zap For Hire. Not sure about this, but the changes might involve decompiling the core files (it is dll assemblies on win, not sure what format they exist on other OS). And the said posters can definitely help.

Thanks, I  don't want decompiling something :D I mostly image a series of small changes that will make game more fun, the problem with big game such as PoE II, I can't record  and develop all changes alone, last time when I installed mods for Baldurs Gate I installed manually  over 400 tweaks (I can't install them automatically because some of tweaks can break game balance, because modders sometimes didn't understand game mechanics in deep)