[Petition] Obsidian allow us to create our own grimoires.

First sorry for my English is not my native languaje.

I like the Wizards, is my favourite class in near all games (computer or tabletop). I dont like much the new system, (they are a pseudo-sorcerer of D&D) but I understand in this stage of game the possiblity of change to old system or something similar is near zero or worse.

The sad thing is: a Archemage create a new spell but he cant learn he need write in a grimoire for use because dont exist when won a level.

In this moment we have 6 grimoires with exclusive spells:

-Weathered Grimoire with Arcane Assault.

-Snakeskin Grimoire with Nannasin's Cobra Strike.

-Ninagauth's Teachings with Ninagauth's Freezing Pillar.

-Iron-Clasped Grimoire with Concelhaut's Draining Missiles and Concelhaut's Crushing Doom.

-Arkemyr's Grimoire with Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure and Arkemyr's Mercurial Madness.

-Arkemyr's Illuminating Discoveries with Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure.

And 1 grimoire with special skill:

-Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry, 1 more cast en each slot but damage always interrupt you.

Obsidian comment when Beta about grimoire with special skills but we only have 1. Maybe expansions give more maybe not, I dont know.

But I think a interesting option is allow us create a our grimoires:

I propose a simple system with materials and money you can create a grimoire with 2 blank slots for each level. And you can fill with spells but only can fill with spell you know for skills points OR have a copy in 1 grimoire. You spent time (1 day for level spell), money and materials, (more money and materials according to the level but NEVER rare/ultrarare/unique materials). You only can move to grimoire spells you can cast. And you cant blank loot/buyed grimoires, (no you cant change the spells in Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry).

Of course blank grimoires with special skill are a interesting option too :yes:

Opinions? And please dont begin with wizards are OP and this can broke the game.

I would like Obsidian think about this possibliity but I dont have any hope.

Maybe with mods you can create a grimoires? I dont know about mods but is a interesting option too. Think about that modders :yes:

Edited by Aranduin
  • Like 1

Yes - besides graphics (which can be taken from any in-game Grimoires) I guess this should be modable quite easily...?

I dont know about mods... But if Obsidian implemented better :biggrin:. But I suppose mod is the only realistic option. If someone can create the mod I thnk a topic about grimoires can be funny :dancing:

I see the 2 mods about new grimoires/spells, but I would want a possiblity of create custom grimoire. The problem is I dotn know nothign about mods for that the suggestion to Obsidian, but I suppose it will be better beg a kind soul in the forum of mod

with unity console mod from nexus you can inspect any grimoire in game and change the spells in it

edit: here in an example I modified ecea's grimoire to have only useful over-powered spells for you solo lol-wizard. 

post-211561-0-09793900-1530635038_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 1

with unity console mod from nexus you can inspect any grimoire in game and change the spells in it

edit: here in an example I modified ecea's grimoire to have only useful over-powered spells for you solo lol-wizard. 

attachicon.gifgrimoire.jpg

Thanks for the information. I go to download the console mod and try.

How to edit the grimoire? Edit other objects is easy but I do not know how the grimoire goes.

have the console interface open, go to inventory and right click on grimoire to examine the grimoire. the interface of unity should switch to a view with the spells in the grimoire which you can edit like you would ant armor or weapon. 

How to edit the grimoire? Edit other objects is easy but I do not know how the grimoire goes.

have the console interface open, go to inventory and right click on grimoire to examine the grimoire. the interface of unity should switch to a view with the spells in the grimoire which you can edit like you would ant armor or weapon. 

Yes I use that system and work with other items but when I clik right click in Grimoire and open the book the console Interfaz dont show any option. Only see the superior part (Cheats  Hide Min and X)

Edited by Aranduin

I don't know about mods, but there could be a quest where you could create a single grimoire, it does't break the new system and allow us more flexibility. Man, I would love to see this quest now!

• Like 1