Wow wasnt expacting this to happen this patch but never the less a gargantuan rogue buff has landed at our doorstep. Tricksters appear to be almightyly powerful, like really really powerful.

Im putting money on all the new power builds being trickster hybrids. Ive had a brief look at rolling a trickster/ beserker and i am almost certain that it would be far and away the strongest build in the game. Trickster would also dual well with monk, cipher.

No point dualing them with casters though as alot of there spells can be replicated by them. They are very good for multi classing with melee classes though.

Wow wasnt expacting this to happen this patch but never the less a gargantuan rogue buff has landed at our doorstep. Tricksters appear to be almightyly powerful, like really really powerful.

Im putting money on all the new power builds being trickster hybrids. Ive had a brief look at rolling a trickster/ beserker and i am almost certain that it would be far and away the strongest build in the game. Trickster would also dual well with monk, cipher.

No point dualing them with casters though as alot of there spells can be replicated by them. They are very good for multi classing with melee classes though.

Does the Illusionist's +2 PL apply to Trickster spells?  If so, it seems like you'd have some degree of synergy there, seeing as how you can use Guile instead of spell slots to cast certain illusion spells.

Looking at Illusionist, it definitely would have synergy with Trickster, assuming you wanted to use Guile instead of spell slots for specific spells.  You lose Conjuration and Enchanting schools, but you still have Transmutation and Evocation, and at only a 10% recovery penalty for each, and you gain an automatic, free Mirror Image every combat.

Between Transmutation and Illusion you have access to the most potent control spells in the Wizard lineup.  It could make for a fairly effective front-line character.

Edited by PizzaSHARK

yep the 1.2 beta patch

have a look they are pretty good

bye bye assasin

Lol assassins have been screwed for a while. Thanks for the tip, I forgot all about the beta branch after 1.1 dropped :)

Edit: looks like they went a little overboard, imo. With only a 10% sneak attack damage difference in exchange for free spells at every power level, there's basically no reason to choose a vanilla rogue anymore. 

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

yep the 1.2 beta patch

bye bye assasin

Lol assassins have been screwed for a while. Thanks for the tip, I forgot all about the beta branch after 1.1 dropped :)

Edit: looks like they went a little overboard, imo. With only a 10% sneak attack damage difference in exchange for free spells at every power level, there's basically no reason to choose a vanilla rogue anymore. 

They shall make tricksters access to these spells, but not get them freely, -10% sneak attack is like nothing compare to the huge versality you get.

• Like 1

My Trickster/Beguiler is now meta? From zero to hero.

Actually switched permanently from pistols/blunders to melee this week.

+10 focus on hits, +1 Pen for cipher, Borrowed Instincts, buffed eyestrike, DoTs,... mmm

Edited by Queeg
  • Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

yep the 1.2 beta patch

bye bye assasin

They shall make tricksters access to these spells, but not get them freely, -10% sneak attack is like nothing compare to the huge versality you get.

Yeah, I don't understand why they reduced the sneak attack penalty.  I think just making the spells more accessible (by reducing resource costs here and there) was plenty.  I'm actually concerned Trickster will be overpowered now.  10% less sneak attack damage for the ability to cast some incredibly good Illusion spells like Gaze of the Adragan and Mirrored Images sounds too good to pass up.

I do think that Street Fighter is still very competitive, though, especially for challenge runs.  I still figure Street Fighter will be a required class for solo runs just because of how GOOD its benefits are when you can activate them reliably.

yep the 1.2 beta patch

bye bye assasin

Yeah, I don't understand why they reduced the sneak attack penalty.  I think just making the spells more accessible (by reducing resource costs here and there) was plenty.  I'm actually concerned Trickster will be overpowered now.  10% less sneak attack damage for the ability to cast some incredibly good Illusion spells like Gaze of the Adragan and Mirrored Images sounds too good to pass up.

I do think that Street Fighter is still very competitive, though, especially for challenge runs.  I still figure Street Fighter will be a required class for solo runs just because of how GOOD its benefits are when you can activate them reliably.

I might still take normal rogue instead of streetfighter in party, because the recovery bonus has diminishing gain so -50% recovery time is not really -50%, but +20% when not bloodied/flanked really hurt at the beginning of combat. In solo playthrough, streetfighter is better for sure.

I hope the devs can take this thread into consideration, both over nerf and over buff is bad :p

• Like 1

I doubt they will be op. Resource management is going to be tough for them. Limited guile means some difficult decisions between using rogue damage abilities or casting.

The sneak attack buff is hardly a major issue as well.

Street fighter is fine, base rogue is not a bad option either. Assasin does need a buff though.

In essence, I hope they don't nerf the trickster changes because assasins are weak.... rather buff assasins to bring them up to the others.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light