Glanfathan Soul Hunter

LL6TFRM.jpg

• Game Version - 1.2
  • Difficulty - PoTD up-scaled / Solo / Deadly Deadfire
  • Race: Wooden Elf
  • Class - (Ranger) Ghost Heart / (Cipher) Ascendant
  • Alignment - Neutral (The strongest survives)
  • Culture: Aedyr
  • God - Galawain
  • Companion - Bear
  • Increase difficulty mod: Deadly Deadfire Hardcore (https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43)

Videos: Showcases

L20 - Equipment (On this video I didnt have Bracers of Greater Deflection)

L20 - Abilities, Attributes (On this video, I used my old setup, check new version in abilities section)

L20 - Queen

L20 - Ukaizo

L19 - Fampyr

L15 - Adra lighthouse

L13 - Ondra Temple

Attributes

• Might - 10
  • Constitution - 10
  • Dexterity - 19
  • Perception - 10
  • Intellect - 18
  • Resolve - 11

Skills

• Alchemy 19 
  • History 19 

Abilities

• Whispers of Treason (CL1) + Marked Prey (HL1)
  • Resilient Companion (HL2)
  • Penetrating Visions (CL3)
  • Draining Whip (CL4) + Gunnery (HL4)
  • Marksman (HL5)
  • Weapon and Shield Style (CL6)
  • Ectopsychic Echo (CL7) + Evasive Roll (HL7)
  • Protective Companion (HL8)
  • Hammering Thoughts (CL9)
  • Body Attunement (CL10) + Stalker's Link (HL10)
  • Recall Agony  (CL11)
  • Bear's Fortitude (HL12)
  • Ring Leader (CL13) + Driving Flight (HL13)
  • Borrowed Instinct (CL14)
  • Tactical Meld (CL15)
  • Disintegration (CL16) + Survival of the Fittest (HL16)
  • The Empty Soul (CL17)
  • Defensive Bond (HL18)
  • The Complete Self (CL19) + Superior Camouflage (HL19)
  • Snake's Reflexes (HL20)

Equipement

Modals:

* Large Shield

* Pistol
* Blunderbuss

Food: Captain Banquette 

Gameplay: 

• Charm enemies
  • Put Ectopsychic Echo on Companion
  • Generate Focus and RS with Scordeo
  • If enemies surround switch on Hand Mortal and use Heaven's Cacophony active skills
  • When you Ascended put Disintegration on each enemy around you

Tips:

• Food: Captain Banquette prevent you from Rogue distraction and stop enemies sneak attack
  • Food: Captain Banquette prevent you from Fear, Terrified
  • Food: Captain Banquette prevent you from Domination
  • Alchemy: Potion of Piercing Strikes with Body Attunement helps penetrate Golems and Ukaizo armor
  • Alchemy:  Potion of Ascension increase Disintegration damage
Edited by mant2si
  • Like 3

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

That's an interesting pairing. You could use your ghost pet as a proxy for your cipher (beam) abilities. I wonder if that could work as a melee character. True it would be a shame to miss the ranged passives of the ranger. :]

I‘d also add 'single target buff clearer' in the Pro section, Ranger has the highest accuracy, plus Borrowed Instinct your Concurssive Tranquilizer can hit anybody, no matter how higher their defenses are.

Thank for suggestion. On my first (party) playthrough - I didn't use this skill. Now I'm in the middle of my solo run and I still looking a way for better skills distribution. On early game I'm sure you don't need Concurssive Tranquilizer, maybe on late game, I will check it and then update post

I have played almost same build(PotD Upscale solo). This is a quite solid build imo. Yeah, you need a lot of micro-management.

Sometime too much, special with enemies which immune to charm and high pierce armor

Why not go single or multi Beguiler?

Ascendant Draining Whip give you additional focus and with double pistols and full attack and critical strike you can regen it with single hit

Ranger give you +30-40 to accuracy and mobility skill + bear for early game + full attack skill

That's an interesting pairing. You could use your ghost pet as a proxy for your cipher (beam) abilities. I wonder if that could work as a melee character. True it would be a shame to miss the ranged passives of the ranger. :]

I'm not sure, there no healing abilities, no high armor and deflection bonuses, but you always can use multiple moonwell + shield and face-tank everything, like in POE 1

• Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I added additional info about equipment and updated skills progression
I also uploaded some videos with low level fighting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP98PtDgUR9IRl-LGw54-4w, but currently I restarted my play-through because of Serafen weapon, so next video will be with this weapon instead of Scorde's Tropy, it will be more attractive because of a lot of area damage  

I update build to v0.3:

* Now it fully supported forum markup
* Re-calculated some bonuses, because after testing in the game some of them was redundant
* Changed gear: Boots
* Changed drug & active consumable
    * Removed scrolls because in current game state they feel too OP
* Added notes about blessings
* Added calculation for Penetration bonuses for PB
* Added better PL calculation 
* Changed skill plan for late game:
   * Removed Defensive bound, Wounding shot + Modificator
   * Added (Stasis Shell, Pain Link, Camouflage)
* Added video of gameplay
* Changed bluff to 
insight, because most of the quests can be solved with diplomacy and insight

And to make this post funny. I do G. Street at L7, before leaving port maje (You will end with L7 if you choose L4 Blessing and do all quests solo), without pulling enemies :)

https://youtu.be/3BJJ9wCxcmc

Edited by mant2si

Posted final build for 1.1

* Renamed page from concept -> build
* Added tags
* Removed all redundant info
* Removed Arcana/Alchemy
* Added video with equip and abilities

* Updated abilities
* Updated equip
* Reworked topic markup

Boring Ukaizo fight + Showcase for companion micro management -  how to block big guy :D

https://youtu.be/g14Lu0DKb0U

Super cool build. Love the aesthetic.

Thanks, I specially choose this helm, instead of queen hat, because of glorious look :D I didn't write that, but when you playing this build you feels like steampunk knight, shield and pistol, mind powers, teleportation, lasers :D 

I uploaded Nemnok fight,  I tried to aggro all enemies on the map, but I didn't understand where fire bats gone ? 

https://youtu.be/tyIbBr5jSXU 

Edited by mant2si

Build 1.2 changes:

Removed: Whispers of Treason 
Added: 
Tactical Meld 
Skill: Athletic -> Alchemy (Use drug that give +3INT, +3RESOLVE, +3PERC), you can start using potions that convert hit -> crit, now it seems ok, and make game little bit faster

In summary: Patch 1.2 make this builds stronger, now with Tactical Med this class get +5 Perception (+5 ACC, 10 REF) and Aware (50% Graze to Hit), Body Attunement with increased duration, some spell can be cast faster :D

Edited by mant2si

Build 1.2.1 changes

Abilities:

Antipathetic Field (Now this spell break charm, we don't need it) -> Iron will
* Added recall agony, because now it didn't take too much time to cast

One more dragon fight 1.2, PotD + DD, I started use alchemy, so this fight ended at least 1.4x faster, than previous try

https://youtu.be/5O2-u0hrGZo

Edited by mant2si

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm not too familiar with the build, but as far as I can see most interactions should still work.

Keep in mind that Alchemy got heavily nerfed and since the author heavily invested in it it might have been a crucial part.

Potion of Piercing Strikes now gives you the same amount of Pen at any alchemy rank (just duration increases now), and it used to heavily scale with alchemy.

This mostly means you can't use the same weapon for every fight and have to adjust to enemy AR.

The build has very mediocre perception, but crits also help a lot with Pen.

If you're looking for just a build to copy I wouldn't recommend it, since megabosses also got added to the game which require even more pen.

If you're ready to make tweaks on your own, sure a very similar build can still work.