I used it as weapon for my Skald/ Helwalker and it's a hell of a weapon for them, but obviously used the Night equivalent (for Seven Nights). I always thought it'd need an appropriate keyword flag to trigger and never noticed the extra attack from the frost lash of the weapon. Hard to notice anything with Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming anyway.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

It's nice for Skalds because it basically doubles your chance to crit per weapon swing. :)

Edit: The weapon is part of the reason why I think Skald is far superior at casting offensive invocations than Troubadour. Troubadour-Fanboys will obviously argue against it... :rolleyes: 

Edited by L4wlight

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

It's nice for Skalds because it basically doubles your chance to crit per weapon swing. :)

Edit: The weapon is part of the reason why I think Skald is far superior at casting offensive invocations than Troubadour. Troubadour-Fanboys will obviously argue against it... :rolleyes:

Not really, it depends what your character is doing when he's not casting invocations.

If all you're doing is hitting targets then yeah, Skald is better.

My Paladin/Chanter is healing, popping potions, casting Sworn Enemy, healing... healing some more...

The point of this weapon is put it on offhand, because its trait works on mainhand weapon. You just equip it and u gain a passive Swift Flurry ability.

Wizard/Sharpshooter with Minor Blights here I come! ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The point of this weapon is put it on offhand, because its trait works on mainhand weapon. You just equip it and u gain a passive Swift Flurry ability.

Wizard/Sharpshooter with Minor Blights here I come! ;)

Also Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon + FoD hits like a truck. My holy slayer hits 300+ with backstab FoD, 200+ with normal FoD with this set, and I haven't considered the extra FoD triggered by Sun and Moon yet.

Edited by dunehunter

That is the combo I plan for my Crusader - Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon + Bleak Walker FOD + Cleave Stance + Charge= BUM, burn heretics! :D

I guess everybody plays differently, but I'd never use Troubadour because i want to spam invocations but for the linger on buffs.

The thing about troubadour is, you have the option to use the BR modal to get invocations quicker if a specific situation requires it, but the main advantage of Troubadour will always be the linger.

That is the combo I plan for my Crusader - Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon + Bleak Walker FOD + Cleave Stance + Charge= BUM, burn heretics! :D

:) I'm not a fan of axe so i'm gonna skip it, I'm using Ball and Chain because it's knockdown time seems to be really long compare with other knockdown ability. It's possible to achieve permanent CC lock with it.

:) I'm not a fan of axe so i'm gonna skip it, I'm using Ball and Chain because it's knockdown time seems to be really long compare with other knockdown ability. It's possible to achieve permanent CC lock with it.

My plan is Bleak Walker, Helwalker for Turning Wheel + Fire Ring + Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon for Fire and burn all heretics ;).

Edited by Voltron

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for digging this up, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

About Sun & Moon - does it only work with key-words Frost/Fire? Or every ability that deals this damage type? I'm asking for my Barbarian with Spirit Frenzy and those freezing whirls around you. Could they trigger?

Edited by Durgarnkuld

Sorry for dig this up, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

About Sun & Moon - does it only work with key-words Frost/Fire? Or every ability that deals this damage type? I'm asking for my Barbarian with Spirit Frenzy and those freezing whirls around you. Could they trigger?

Any attacks that deals this damage type, based on day or night. But the problem is the chance is nerfed to 5% so don’t bother build a character around it, it’s a nice bonus but that’s all :)

Any attacks that deals this damage type, based on day or night. But the problem is the chance is nerfed to 5% so don’t bother build a character around it, it’s a nice bonus but that’s all :)

Any way to increase the chance? Otherwise i'm seeing obsidian really clueless in how to balance and even making procs interesting. They just go the way by disable and removing features which is really stupid.

• Like 1

Any way to increase the chance? Otherwise i'm seeing obsidian really clueless in how to balance and even making procs interesting. They just go the way by disable and removing features which is really stupid.

Well if the chance is high, this gear will be too powerful. I have a video about a character dual wielding Sun and Moon/Sungrazer with Dragon Thrashed, it just kill everyone nearby without me to actually attack them. I think the 5% chance to proc is just fine.

Well if the chance is high, this gear will be too powerful. I have a video about a character dual wielding Sun and Moon/Sungrazer with Dragon Thrashed, it just kill everyone nearby without me to actually attack them. I think the 5% chance to proc is just fine.

yeah i watched your video before. i think 5% chance is just low. i think the issue is more about other passive/ability that synergize with it. without that synergy i think it's quite low.

• Like 1