Everything posted by Amentep
-
Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Well Eggers like historical detail; everything I've read indicates Orlok's look was spot on for period, location and status. It is amusingly anti-handsome stud vampire though! Which, in its way, the original was too.- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Bram Stoker was a riot.- Obituary thread
- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Personally I loved Nosferatu. It felt like Eggers was trying to take the basic Dracula story (as cribbed by the original Nosferatu) and draw together a take on the material that tries to get to the heart of the vampire story, using myth, magic and esoteric thought. It also plays symbolically as a story regarding the destructive nature of men who obsess over an individual woman and how that woman is trapped by such obsessions towards them.- What You've Done Today...or yesterday...or what you are doing RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!
I spent the last 3 days putting ~2,000 comics in new short bins and trying to organize a little. Admittedly I gave up on the last 6 bins (or my back did) so I didn't actually keep track of what went into those bins other than to make sure a few small groups of comics weren't in them. Now I'll spend a few weekends writing what's in the bins in a more specific sense and all that so that once I've got everything in new bins I can start putting like titles together in some sort of logical way.- Funny Stuff - Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it
- A detailed description of the mess that is the current upgrade system
Amentep replied to omgFIREBALLS's topic in Avowed Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unreal Engine (Spoiler Warning!)This was my rationale. Both PoE games tended to talk a lot about mechanics in the character builds forum to get the most out of a character build. That may not be the case in Avowed, though.- Funny Stuff - Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it
- Where is the "Avowed Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unreal Engine (Spoiler Warning!)" subforum?
The fix is in! ... ...let me rephrase that...- Where is the "Avowed Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unreal Engine (Spoiler Warning!)" subforum?
- Random video game news... RNG is your friend!
- Random video game news... renewed!
- What are you Playing Now? - Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll
- What are you Playing Now? - the man sez Video games are bad for you - fight the man!
- A detailed description of the mess that is the current upgrade system
Amentep replied to omgFIREBALLS's topic in Avowed Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unreal Engine (Spoiler Warning!)I moved this topic to the new "Character Builds" forum as it seemed more on topic there. If that's not correct let me know and I'll move back to general.- Where is the "Avowed Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unreal Engine (Spoiler Warning!)" subforum?
Character builds forum has been made - https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/178-avowed-characters-builds-strategies-the-unity-engine-spoiler-warning/ Thanks for letting us know; I'm going to go through and see if there are any existing topics that should be there and move them, but if I miss any let me know.- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Interesting looking folk horror -- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Based on Barrie's Mary Rose that Hitch**** wanted to adapt.- The TV and Streaming Thread: That's Entertainment!
[Warning: adult language] I like the astrix trailers tweak of the trailer-before-the-trailer silliness.- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
- Obituary thread
Michelle Trachtenberg I liked her in Buffy. I think I watched Harriet the Spy with my nieces.- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Saw Captain America Brave New World. I think like a lot of the more recent Marvel films it feels over edited so timing/pacing is off. Was a fun enough superhero adventure with mystery/thriller elements. Think it'd have been better had they hid Red Hulk, tho.- Obituary thread
- Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.