Everything posted by Pidesco
-
the Great British Future
THANK YOU. I can't stand all these people who call it a masterpiece or "Kubrick made that movie, how can it be bad?!" I have a friend who is annoying in that if its something high class or considered a classic, then he has to love it no matter how much he hates it. Like he refuses to read novels that aren't considered classic literature, no matter how good they are, he'll only drink the best booze, and when we rented this he actually fell asleep like an hour into it and when it was over declared what a great film it was. The Shining wasn't a very good movie either. I liked Hero though... if you're talking about the Jet Li movie. I think it could be argued that 2001 suffers from pace problems towards the end, but other than that, I do think it's a brilliant film. As for The Shining, I think it's incredibly directed and impossibly creepy right from the start. Even the scene where Nicholson's character is interviewed manages to be amazingly scary. Edit: Oh, and your friend is an idiot.
-
What Music Are You Currently Listening To?
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing From the 80s page.
-
Most beautiful girl in K1/K2
Me!!!!
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
For me, Jean Seberg.
-
BREAKING NEWS: EA ACQUIRES MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT
I too liked Origin.
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
That just conjured up an image of you literally washing your face with Fassbinder's fat, hairy body.
-
BREAKING NEWS: EA ACQUIRES MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT
I have to agree with Hades.
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
Admit it, Baley. You love Nouvelle Vague.
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
HAHAHAHAHAH! In your face England! :D
-
Roskilde Festival in Denmark
If you pay all expenses, I'm there! :D
-
Currently Listening To
GG Allin - Eat My Diahrrea Iron Cross - Wargames This is what Flipper lead to, by the way.
-
Currently Listening To
SNFU - Welcome To My Humble Life Of Disarray
-
Currently Listening To
Flipper - Life Is Cheap
-
Picture Thread 2006
Your upper lip appears to be dirty, Baley.
-
Currently Listening To
It's the power of Pandora. Rancid - Time Bomb
-
Currently Listening To
Bad Religion - News From The Front Edit: 100 pages!!! (w00t) Maybe it's time to close this thread and start another one.
-
Currently Listening To
NOFX - Franco Un-American
-
Currently Listening To
Guttermouth - Looking good is all that matters
-
Currently Listening To
The Vandals - China Town
-
Picture Thread 2006
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
Australia in the semi final? You should start praying.
-
For those who grew up in the 80's
This one is missing from the site. The frog song!
-
For those who grew up in the 80's
All hail Ladycrimson for showing us this site!
-
For those who grew up in the 80's
Bananarama - Venus Awesome!!
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
Not a movie, but I just saw an episode of "The L World". The show itself was kind of lame, but what caught my attention was Mia Kirshner. Hotness personified.