Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Completionist Achievement

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10770 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've played through the game twice now, once as Lucas and once as Reinhart, and both times I failed to unlock the completionist achievement for doing all main quests and sidequests. I'm a bit stuck, because I literally backtracked across all the maps (when I was able) and couldn't find the missing quest I missed.

Without running down every possible quest available, instead, is there one quest(s) that can easily be missed if you do things in a particular order or one where I have to backtrack to a spot I just didn't think of doing again (ie. if I already finished the majority of quests in one town) that I might have missed?

Edited by GhostofAnakin, 06 July 2011 - 04:48 PM.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10102 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Nothing really easy to miss, but maybe:

(1) Tracking down the 3 people who committed crimes against the Legion 30 years ago - from the goblinc ouncillor, only after you beat Dapper Old Gent.
(2) Finding the rifle for the Glitterdelve merchant and/or finding painite for the scholar.
(3) If you don't destroy the heart of nagog, currently it's bugged and the quest will never close.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7293 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
The quest where you have to get the merchant's stuff back from the Stonebridge sewers is easy to miss too, you don't get it until you find the first item. I think there was one or two more, but can't remember them right now.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10770 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Nothing really easy to miss, but maybe:

(1) Tracking down the 3 people who committed crimes against the Legion 30 years ago - from the goblinc ouncillor, only after you beat Dapper Old Gent.

This one sounds like one I might have missed. I'll have to re-check on my next play through.

Chasted

Chasted

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Refuse going straight into the charge and attacking Jeyne and you'll see the quest.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts
happened for me 3 times for the heart of Naggog bug. Thankfully a friend helped me to get it.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8685 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Refuse going straight into the charge and attacking Jeyne and you'll see the quest.

I wonder if anyone did the Meister quests first (vs. the mines/Queen) and went straight into the charge....without doing the mines & then missing that whole section. Is that even possible or does the game prevent it?

Bendu

Bendu

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Steam:BenduHead
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
It's not possible. You have to visit the Queen.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10770 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I wonder if anyone did the Meister quests first (vs. the mines/Queen) and went straight into the charge....without doing the mines & then missing that whole section. Is that even possible or does the game prevent it?

On my first time through, I actually did the Meister quests first, then went in search of the Queen. I don't recall it being an option to skip going to meet up with the Queen.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts
This just in: You can miss out on a quest early on. After meeting Odo the first time, run back the way you came from, and almost right away you meet a merchant who asks you to secure his wagon from some Lescanzi. Chances are you won't actually meet him until you're done with Raven's Rill ....at which point he will no longer be there, since the Lescanzi have gone away.

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1542 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This just in: You can miss out on a quest early on. After meeting Odo the first time, run back the way you came from, and almost right away you meet a merchant who asks you to secure his wagon from some Lescanzi. Chances are you won't actually meet him until you're done with Raven's Rill ....at which point he will no longer be there, since the Lescanzi have gone away.

Doubtful, I think. That merchant is on the way to Boris' location, who is the guy you have to kill for the very first quest-giver in Raven's Rill :lol: .

The one that I missed though is the one given by the hermit in the mountains, about cleaning up a cave. I went directly to the main path, and Jeyne's canons blew up the path back.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts

Doubtful, I think. That merchant is on the way to Boris' location, who is the guy you have to kill for the very first quest-giver in Raven's Rill :lol: .

No, we tested it. And he isn't going to Boris, he's going to the abandoned wagon that's near the area where the demo-a-ton was in the demo. And he wasn't there either.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8685 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

And he isn't going to Boris,

I think Sannom meant that the merchant accosts you on road that is on the way to Boris. eg, if you're trying to do that 'avenge my husband/kill Boris" quest, you're going to run into the merchant, making it unlikely most people will miss him, if one is trying to do the side quests anyway.

I seem to recall him showing up for me even after I'd already dealt with Ranjali...I'm pretty sure it was after, since once I had killed the bandits on the way to see the merchant standing at his wagon, the bandits on that small section of road did not respawn every time I went back and forth on that road again....whereas they will respawn if you meet the guy before dealing with Ranjali, which I used to my level-grinding advantage in my 2nd playthrough. But maybe I'm getting my memories mixed up. I'll check it some time.

Edited by LadyCrimson, 09 July 2011 - 11:24 PM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts
It's a bug then, 'cause we didn't see him.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10770 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
That merchant always showed up in my games, every time I headed in that direction. I don't think it's possible to miss that quest.

Heather Lehane

Heather Lehane

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Heather Li
I got the game guide when I got the game. Helped me get this achievement right off the bat first play through. Not sure what quests you are missing but the game guide tells all.

Hope you figure it out.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10770 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got it on my third play through. The quest(s) I missed on my first two play throughs turned out to be the Stonebridge ones you receive after dealing with the Dapper Old Gent. On my first two play throughs, I left right away without seeing that quest.

Thanks to those who suggested to look out for that quest. :ermm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users