Dark Side Energy in Freedon Nadd's tomb

When you send your 'away team' on the mission to Freedon Nadd's tomb on Dxun while the Exile goes to Onderon, there are two Dark Side Energy pools in the tomb.

You can try to resist it, but even playing LS I never do, because you just get some disappointing temporary bonus to your stats, while if you bask in the DS energies, you get a permanent DS force power.

What I can't figure out is how it's determined which DS force power you get... The game seems to determine this at random, but does anyone now what the criteria for this is, or when it is set up?

For example, if I don't like the power I get (assuming I don't have it already and so get nothing...), can I reload a game from before I entered that map and try again and chance across a new power?

And how does the game decide which power is given? Is totally random, or is it based on something relevant to the character trying it?

afaik, it picks from the following powers:

shock - lightning - storm

fear - horror - insanity

wound - choke - kill

slow - ??? - plague

dunno what happens if you already have them all though....

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I didn't know you could get force powers or extra force points in the tomb.... 0_0

Next time l play through the game, i'll check EVERY corner of each planet.

I usually do that on my first playthrough... Believe me, it's not all it's cracked up to be - in my case it meant that I restarted four or five times simply because I didn't feel I got the optimal class/stat combination. It really doesn't matter so much, though, and given the time I spent starting over, I could probably have finished the game once :thumbsup:

My advice is, unless your compulsive about finding *everything* immediately, is to let the secrets be secrets until you've finished the game at least once. Then the story is all done, and you can read all the spoilers and guides you like without ruining everything, whereas I find myself drawn to walkthroughs and guides that reveal everything on my first playthrough... I guess the best and most complete guide for KotOR2 is this one.

I did finish the game.... twice. And there are still elements in the story l do not understand or things i've missed out. Like you said, l feel that i've missed out like.... half the game or something.

I'm pretty sure I've seen almost everything possible in the game, and there are still unanswered questions ... keep reading these forums, and you'll see that many are discussed and speculated on here ...

I did finish the game.... twice. And there are still elements in the story l do not understand or things i've missed out. Like you said, l feel that i've missed out like.... half the game or something.

Besides from the cut content, and very specific ways to get quests to be complete or work at all, you also have the random loot generator.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

What's so wrong about the random loot gen?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I ignored the force "puddles" in the tomb. I already had everything I could ever need for the game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, the game is too easy as it is...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds