Companion dialogue prompt but no new dialogue

The Sharmat

Question

This has happened to me three times now. Companion chimes up saying they want to talk, has the little dialogue bubble above their portrait, and when I click on them they just have all the old exhausted options. Two out of the three times were in the palace at Neketaka. Xoti and Maia were the companions effected. Edér another time before that.

I'm torn about this. On the one hand I certainly don't want to be missing interesting conversations, but on the other if it's just a display error then I'm a bit worried the companions just don't actually have much to say.

12 answers to this question

I had this happen with Aloth.  I had to exit the game, and restart to get the conversation to work.  The conversation was about Aloth's dislike of Tekehu.  Overall I have found the companions dialogue and relationships with each other as well as the Watcher to be quiet buggy. 

This has happened to me three times now. Companion chimes up saying they want to talk, has the little dialogue bubble above their portrait, and when I click on them they just have all the old exhausted options. Two out of the three times were in the palace at Neketaka. Xoti and Maia were the companions effected. Edér another time before that.

I'm torn about this. On the one hand I certainly don't want to be missing interesting conversations, but on the other if it's just a display error then I'm a bit worried the companions just don't actually have much to say.

Is this by any chance happened after Xoti harvested a soul?  Have the same problem in Betta Patch 

I'm also wondering if these bugs in the companion system are factoring in my disinterest or in some cases overall dislike for the new companions.  The only one I like is Serafen.  Seriously I would trade all the other new companions for Ydwin who seemed far more interesting with the few dialogue lines she has.  Hopefully the buggy companions and dialogue get sorted out. Still pretty disappointed. 

Edited by Midian13
  • Like 1

Is this by any chance happened after Xoti harvested a soul?  Have the same problem in Betta Patch 

Yes but she absorbed her first souls pretty early in my game so not sure if that's it.

Yeah, i've seen these relationship bugs alot too. Not that it matters, the relationships are completely irrelevant. They have zero impact that i've seen.

Even the romance stuff. I have a full-fledged romance which consisted of sex once, then nothing for the next 20 hours of gameplay. Person still in my party, no new anything. I can't even kiss them or anything past the "Hey, we're going out now lets stick our bits in each other"