hippofant

Xoti's Lantern/Light of the Dawnstar Beneficial Spell Resistance

Question

I am unsure if this is working as intended, but I suspect that it is not. Xoti's Lantern, when enchanted with the Light of the Dawnstar trait, causes various beneficial spells to be resisted by the party. In particular, casters can resist their own buff spells. Is this working as intended? If so, it makes for a very strange Priest item for Xoti to be using.

11 answers to this question

Rather than make a new thread I'll just post my issue with Light of the Dawnstar here. I cannot even get this upgrade, even though I have the item and the money needed to do it. The words "Light of the Dawnstar" are grayed out in the upgrade screen and the Enchant button doesn't work. I am using Windows 10.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.zip

Rather than make a new thread I'll just post my issue with Light of the Dawnstar here. I cannot even get this upgrade, even though I have the item and the money needed to do it. The words "Light of the Dawnstar" are grayed out in the upgrade screen and the Enchant button doesn't work. I am using Windows 10.

The two Lantern enchants are apparently tied to how you completed Xoti's quest. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99010-xotis-lantern-upgrades/

Edited by hippofant

Oh no. I hadn't noticed this yet as I just got the upgrade for her lantern prior to going to bed last night. I will update this post if I can confirm I am also experiencing my own party members resisting 22% of buffs!

• Like 1

Wish I hadn't upgraded the lantern. Now I can't use it anymore since a third of the beneficial spells she casts get eaten up.

This has to be a bug if true. Having spell resistance resist friendly spells too would be an insane design choice.

The Ironman pain seeker in me says this is a features how does the item know what’s harmful or beneficial magic? but I know it’s a bug :)

Have gun will travel.

Spell Resistance, and Resist Hostile Spells are different things.

They really shouldn't be. Why would you ever want to resist a friendly spell? On top of that, why would you have a permanent upgrade for a Priest item that gives it an aura that imbues your party members with resistance to your own spells?

There's no way this is by design.

Greetings hippofant and all,

We have this logged for her spell resistance affecting beneficial spells.

Thanks!

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...