TwsCjW5.png

Pretty simple, if one of the 5 Blunderbuss pellets crit's, do you get an entire new Blunderbuss attack all over again with all 5 pellets, or is it just 1 extra pellet?  

I assume it's just 1 extra pellet is applied, because surely it can't be the first one.  Surely.  

Edited by Urthor

TwsCjW5.png

Pretty simple, if one of the 5 Blunderbuss pellets crit's, do you get an entire new Blunderbuss attack all over again with all 5 pellets, or is it just 1 extra pellet?  

I assume it's just 1 extra pellet is applied, because surely it can't be the first one.  Surely.  

Just 1 extra pellet.

Also there's 

iyWgZmd.png

uOmoXwR.png

wqgIezi.png

And lasting empower for +20% hostile effect duration. 

Resonant strikes triggering off double blunderbuss fun times.

*Five hundred percent crit damage and automatic overpenetration/accuracy* 

That seems far, far better than the Ranger pass through on crit ability if you multi class, or whatever Monk/Rogue has going for it for ranged attacks.  Single class Hellwalker it is.  

The only question would be Nature Godlike or Hearth Orlan.  

Edited by Urthor

If resonant touch works anything like in PoE then there's a threshold when a new resonant touch instance is added to the target and it was capped at 10 RT per enemy. It was a hassle to use and not worth my time (only my personal experience). Maybe in Deadfire it's different...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also there's 

iyWgZmd.png

uOmoXwR.png

wqgIezi.png

And lasting empower for +20% hostile effect duration. 

Resonant strikes triggering off double blunderbuss fun times.

*Five hundred percent crit damage and automatic overpenetration/accuracy* 

That seems far, far better than the Ranger pass through on crit ability if you multi class, or whatever Monk/Rogue has going for it for ranged attacks.  Single class Hellwalker it is.  

The only question would be Nature Godlike or Hearth Orlan.  

Yes it's way more powerful than ranger/rogue ultimate ability imo. Ranger's is meh, rogue on second thought is OK, not too good but ok. But Monk's Inner Death and Whipser of Wind :) 

I can imagine that with Empower and Swift Flurry + Burning Wheel + Passive extra hit, Whipser of Wind can be how devastating. Normally u can kill 6 very tough target instantly, or maybe instantly kill a boss if it can jump to same target. Full Attack with +100 Accuracy so u will at least trigger one extra hit, maybe two, each with 50% extra lash damage, so it's roughly equal to 2 x 1.75x 1.5=5 hits, and then 6 jump = 30 hits.

Seems like Deadfire literally just becomes "Get Hellwalker to 19 hit the might/critical chance cap, win." then.  Both those high level abilities are outrageous.  Oh and apparently crit gives you +50% pen, so you won't even need to empower inner death really.    

Definitely no need to multiclass monk now.  

Edited by Urthor

Monk is the class that make me rethink about multiclassing. Just miss the bell strike and you have pretty much all the abilities from Diablo 3 monk. I'm curious of which unique items/soulbounds you can find for monk.

But i'm really confused about resonance touch, how does it work? the AOE is tagged 5m from caster, so you apply it to all enemies around you? or when you trigger it it deal dmg to all enemies around the enemy that have the charges? (or both?)

Beoroer : from what I saw in the beta streams, just how they changed abilities with jump to be able to target same character or jump forth and back between 2 target make lot of spells far more interesting. Perhaps they improved the resonance mark ability too.

Someone made a really good point on reddit about Cipher and Biting whip.  30% extra damage off Biting whip is nutso, even if the hihg level abilities are amazing, and Cipher also has crit synergy.

Cipher+Monk could actually be an incredible Swift Flurry bus.  

Someone made a really good point on reddit about Cipher and Biting whip.  30% extra damage off Biting whip is nutso, even if the hihg level abilities are amazing, and Cipher also has crit synergy.

Cipher+Monk could actually be an incredible Swift Flurry bus.  

I didn't even know you could use monk abilities with a blunderbuss/ranged weapon. This sounds hilariously fun.

Some you can't (Torment's Reach, Force of Anguish...) some work ranged (Stunning Blows, Swift Strikes/Lightning Strikes/Swift Flurry).

With a monk/ranger you can actually also create a cascading crit with Swift Flurry + single handed blunderbuss - but it's much harder than with Blights, Spirit Lance or Blast. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Some you can't (Torment's Reach, Force of Anguish...) some work ranged (Stunning Blows, Swift Strikes/Lightning Strikes/Swift Flurry).

With a monk/ranger you can actually also create a cascading crit with Swift Flurry + single handed blunderbuss - but it's much harder than with Blights, Spirit Lance or Blast.

What about the unique blunderbuss one of your companions has early on? That seems like an ideal candidate, as it is a single projectile and has the rod blast radius built in.