Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Introducing the Seafarer's Scavenger Hunt!

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Treval

Treval

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hopefully they announce something soon, since it's starting to cut it a little close for GoG users.

Daled

Daled

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Somewhere (I think reddit) a dev already said that "most likely will be after release" for gog users.

Edited by Daled, 01 May 2018 - 10:47 AM.

Treval

Treval

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Somewhere (I think reddit) a dev already said that "most likely will be after release" for gog users.

Ahhh, okay. I must have missed that, so thanks for the heads up!

DurakB

DurakB

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Does https://www.deadfire...scavenger.com/still work?

Ah okay found that didnt work but this did

https://eternity.obs...n.net/scavenger

Edited by DurakB, 04 May 2018 - 05:53 AM.

Pt.C

Pt.C

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

How to find other codes?

Shakyr

Shakyr

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Follow this topic for codes: https://forums.obsid...lets-get-cosmo/

Sirrick

Sirrick

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts

codes still availaibles after the release ? (for gog user) or need activate it on steam too ?

Parabamse

Parabamse

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Have you found som thing out so we can get the codes is we get it from GOG ?? ½say and 18 H togo :)

Calling all Watchers! We are happy to bring to you the Explorer's Society Scavenger Hunt. The hunt encourages all Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire fans to search for secret codes that have been "hidden" in a variety of online and printed promotional assets for Pillars II. To read more about the scavenger hunt, check out our announcement! To take part, sign up at http://www.deadfirescavenger.com using your existing Obsidian account or by creating a new one. After connecting your Steam profile, you can start hunting down codes wherever you can find them and then enter them on Obsidian.net. Doing so unlocks up to 10 digital in-game items for Deadfire. Each item requires a different number of codes to unlock and progress is tracked via the official site.

Happy hunting, everyone!

Enkeli82

Enkeli82

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The Scavenger hunt is a nice idea for marketing and for the community, but could you just make the content automatically available to all players once the codes have been found? Once found, all the codes become public, and the majority of players who use the codes are just going to copypaste the codes from the forum thread.

So for most players the hunt will not be a hunt, but just some copypasting. Making such an activity necessary just gates content behind unnecessary busywork. Besides most players will probably not even see the Scavenger hunt info and will thus miss out on the extra content.

• vv221, Mikeymoonshine, cjmead5@yahoo.com and 1 other like this

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The Scavenger hunt is a nice idea for marketing and for the community, but could you just make the content automatically available to all players once the codes have been found? Once found, all the codes become public, and the majority of players who use the codes are just going to copypaste the codes from the forum thread.

So for most players the hunt will not be a hunt, but just some copypasting. Making such an activity necessary just gates content behind unnecessary busywork. Besides most players will probably not even see the Scavenger hunt info and will thus miss out on the extra content.

Not saying they shouldn't do that but a lot of the content is already in the game anyway you are just getting it early (i assume) if you use the codes and even stuff like the pets that may not be available without the codes don't really make a difference to anything. There will be a ton of pets in the game. 

So if they don't do that I don't think it's really a big deal. 

• Enkeli82 likes this

rustypup

rustypup

Rabid Fleabag of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Steam:rustypup
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So if they don't do that I don't think it's really a big deal. 

You'd be unique in being a consumer/backer who didn't feel jilted by being denied access to content based on your platform of choice.

• Fluffboll, Ryz009, cjmead5@yahoo.com and 1 other like this

teo22

teo22

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So is this stuff that's already in the game? I chose GoG anyway, and don't regret it, but I'd like to know if I should bother copypasting once they get it working. I if just unlocks stuff early I'd rather not have them at all.

aephix

aephix

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Any word on GOG users getting scavenger hunt items?  I am still waiting to choose either Steam or GOG.  GOG is preferred.

• Fluffboll, AndreaColombo, mungomunk and 6 others like this

benwa69

benwa69

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Any love for GOG yet?

• rustypup, Lu Jo, AndreaColombo and 8 others like this

Deus_Ex

Deus_Ex

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I got tired of waiting for these items on GOG so I made it myself. If you dig around in the gamedata files you can add any item you wish for the start of your game or an existing game.

Instructions.

1. Extract the zip to \Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata

2. The items will be in your inventory/ship stash.

3. Enjoy.

Here is the file to get your items. https://www.dropbox...._items.zip?dl=0

• ShadySands, Archaven, AndreaColombo and 11 others like this

Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts
As I never search for notices I bought in gog  :getlost:

But all my games are on the gog so I would not do differently =.=

Aranduin

Aranduin

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Some news????

Fluffboll

Fluffboll

Fluffy White Kitten of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So it's been dead quiet on the GoG front of this since the game launched.

Is there any news coming or are we GoG users relegated to second-class customers on this?

Aranduin

Aranduin

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is there any news coming or are we GoG users relegated to second-class customers on this?

I hope Obsidian dont forget us...

Treval

Treval

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I hope Obsidian dont forget us...

I'm hoping that, now that they seem to have dealt with the worst of the bugs, they'll find an official way to implement it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users