YES.

You can import :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Thanks to Eothas, your level is back to 1 again. The level cap of Deadfire is 20.

I'm staring to imagine the excuse they need to come up with in the third game when your level back to 1 again.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

I'm staring to imagine the excuse they need to come up with in the third game when your level back to 1 again.

I'm OK with that. Level is just a way to indicate your character progression through the game. So, a different game with a new level progression is fine by me. If a character would sustain his/hers levels through a course of three or more games, then these would reach really high epic levels (maybe hundreds?). So you end up with a demi-god character in the third game, and a mere back alley thug should be at least the same demi-god level to pose a threat? Thanks, but no thanks.

• Like 5

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Drink every time when new thread about character import pops up!

EDIT. Before any further inquiries here is the pitch. I won’t bother with sources:

1) you can import a save, choose from multiple presets or create your own “save” and define major choices. There is some very minor reactivity that will not be present when not importing the save, though it’s very minor. All meaningful choices are to be set via editor. You can’t import and edit that save.

2) when importing save you import choices but not the character. If you want to recreate your character from PoE1 go for it, but if you want to change things around you are free to do so.

3) some passives like “gift from the machine” will get transferred is some way - not sure when in what form.

4) we don’t know for sure, but it’s safe to assume you will loose your equipment for the sequel.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Simple, go with my original idea: new character who is the reincarnation on the Watcher.

That really doesn’t help in anything - you either remember your previous incarnation, in which case being lvl.1 probably still doesn’t make much sense, or you don’t, in which case who you are doesn’t matter. Unless the point of the game is discovering previous deeds, which would be silly because:

1) it’s premise of PoE1

2) it’s third game in the series - if I want to learn about watchers previous life’s I will replay Pillars and Deadfire.

Right. Or do toddlers who remember their past live start as rug rat archmages right away? ;)

:-D. So we play as a toddler! Ok, you have my interest now.

I still don’t see a benefit of moving Watcher to different body, beyond alienating new players. It’s like a direct sequel, but without benefits of a direct sequel but with all its drawback,

• Like 1

Didn't know the level cap was 20. That's great to hear. I believe in vanilla PoE it was 12? What was it tapped out to on WM expansions? I can't remember!

One thing that does worry me is the perks/leveling system in Deadire. At this moment is doesn't seem as in depth as PoE or as many choices...

Usually I hate returning to lvl 1 in a sequel, but in this case I don't mind so much because there are sub-classes and multi-classes now. If they didn't do that you would be locked out of all of them (or way more leveled up in one of your two multi-classes) by playing the first game. Just having it be a save-game import makes more sense.

I do love that the level cap went from 17 to now 20 for Pillars of Eternity 2. Now I just

have to sit on my end game save and wait patiently for the game's release next month.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

One of the potential problem when you returning to level 1 and the level cap keep increasing every game is that you will have to level much faster comparing to the previous game so that you has a chance to experience all the high level stuff they added.

So in the end it could become like WoW after all those expansions, where you level up so fast it didn't really feel like you are becoming stronger or achieved something.

Not saying it's gonna be the same in PoE franchise, but it could be a problem.

• Like 2