OMG are Fighters powerful in Deadfire

I nearly fell off my chair when i wen through a fighters talent tree

Immunity to affflictions, dex, resolve , might (wow !!! this is SUPER POWERFUL!!!!)

+20 defence to charm , dominate

25% armoured grace

confident aim 50% grazes converted to hits

fast runner 15% speed

unbending (super powerful)

seriously wtf!!!! 

Fighters have been supercharged compared to pillars 1!!!

I personally have found them to definately be superior to rogues and barbs in the BETA , havent tried pally yet

Edited by master guardian
  • Like 1

Yes indeedy!

They tweaked them quite a bit since players whined about how slow they were in the first game.

Now, to see how that will affect the balance this time around :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yes indeedy!

They tweaked them quite a bit since players whined about how slow they were in the first game.

Now, to see how that will affect the balance this time around :)

there going to get nerfed i guarantee it,  If you put a few priest buffs on a fighter built like this he would be unstoppable

Rogues and barbs are so underwhelming compared to fighters, Rogues need a buff bigtime I reckon they made them worse off then Pillars 1

and barbs got completely screwed, no weapon procs on carnage lol...................that was there entire trick to buidl around in the first game

True, the balance of Deadfire pertaining to classes has been off for some time which is why there are so many threads with members recognizing the balancing issues across any nature in the game.

Hopefully they resolve the matter soon but I agree that there will be major balancing changes after launch. It may even be big enough changes to qualify se for labeling it as Early-Access-like.

This is what happens when so many changes are introduced in such a short time. A bit more than they could chew off. Hoping for the best though.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

another thing,

With the new changes with them getting rid of per rest abilities:

Correct me if im wrong but a fighter will now be able to use unbending per encounter every encounter

thats insane. Basically a fighter will be invincible for a good part of every fight

way way way over powered

You're absolutely correct...

And they're bringing Might back so guaranteed that the balance will be even more screwed up. If I had to guess, the first few months after launch will be treated as playtesting for balance, I think we all realize it (would be crazy if members here said otherwise).

I expect Deadfire to have many many patches, gigabytes worth. And some people will be angry that Obsidian will keep changing these things.

• Like 1

check out a rouges talent tree after the latest beta patch

man they frickin suck big time. They where one of my facourite classes in pillars 1 

no reckless assualt

stupid pointless talents at level up 

you cant stack super high accuracy with them as much any more then enabled them to crit all the time in pillars 1

i cant find one ability they have apart from sneak attack that is even worth talking about

• Like 1

Is Armored Grace less effective in Deadfire than it was in POE1?

> Immunity to affflictions, dex, resolve , might 

Where does this come from?

they have bumped up armoured grace to 25% from 16% so it is more powerful then pillars 1

the affliction immuntities are talents to choose from at level up based on how they are inflicted eg dex, resolve ect

Is Armored Grace less effective in Deadfire than it was in POE1?

> Immunity to affflictions, dex, resolve , might 

Where does this come from?

they have bumped up armoured grace to 25% from 16% so it is more powerful then pillars 1

the affliction immuntities are talents to choose from at level up based on how they are inflicted eg dex, resolve ect

I believe it was 20% in Pillars of Eternity, not 16%?   But I was referring to the way it is implemented in-game rather than the UI numbers.

Are they actually immunities?  Or just defense boosts?

• Like 1

check out a rouges talent tree after the latest beta patch

man they frickin suck big time. They where one of my facourite classes in pillars 1

no reckless assualt

stupid pointless talents at level up

you cant stack super high accuracy with them as much any more then enabled them to crit all the time in pillars 1

i cant find one ability they have apart from sneak attack that is even worth talking about

Nothing new on them sucking. They were the worst PoTD class. Absolutely no AOE capability and the higher your level the less effective sneak attack got.

That being said they were still effective as single target heavy hitters so I’m not saying they were useless you could def beat the game on the hardest difficulty with them. Especially in a group using them as a high priority target killers was useful.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

it was 16 when i played it maybe they patched it up

they are complete immunities

Opened the beta just now to make sure, they're resistances, not immunities. It means that the affliction (e.g., terrified, frightened, shaken for resolve) will be ranked down when affecting the character (Terrified to frightened, frightened to shaken). I don't know if that means they can never be terrified, though.

Also, about a third to half of the things listed in OP as making Fighters so amazing are available to every/some other classes. Not to say Fighters aren't amazing now, I just don't think they're that amazing compared to other classes.

• Like 1

yeah sorry just checked the beta description they are resistances where the afflictions get downgraded with the least powerful afflictions not being applied 

And only one of my listings is available to every class the stride fast runner one

Barbs have a resistance ability when they are above 50% health

It's equally bad either way :(

Well that’s a huge difference...

They are still very powerful talents that fighters couldnt get in pillars 1

do you have access to the BETA?

Do you think fighter are better then barbs, rogues?

Rogues are basically the same as pillars 1 but without reckless assault.....................yep they downgraded the one of the weakest classes even more

Anyways, the balancing is undeniably a mess. Will be interesting to see what improvements will be made post-launch. We know there will be improvements, just not exactly on what.

Edited by Amentep
Lets not try to pre-emptively poke trolls, yes?

Lol this thread is such an overreaction.  Yes they can get immunities to the lowest level of afflictions, so can some other classes.  Also, LOWEST LEVEL, they are not immune to all afflictions.  You also have to sacrifice other talents to do this, so yeah, if you want a fighter who is nothing but a "I don't go down and I hold the line" character you can make them hella good at that.

They however will never be that, and be better single target dps than a rogue, or better aoe dps than a barb, or a better party buffer/support than a paladin.  You are literally complaining because the fighter is the best tank, which is exactly what the overall design  of the fighter is intended to be.

This is called working as intended in developer speak.

• Like 5

Lol this thread is such an overreaction.  Yes they can get immunities to the lowest level of afflictions, so can some other classes.  Also, LOWEST LEVEL, they are not immune to all afflictions.  You also have to sacrifice other talents to do this, so yeah, if you want a fighter who is nothing but a "I don't go down and I hold the line" character you can make them hella good at that.

They however will never be that, and be better single target dps than a rogue, or better aoe dps than a barb, or a better party buffer/support than a paladin.  You are literally complaining because the fighter is the best tank, which is exactly what the overall design  of the fighter is intended to be.

They are not only immune to lowest level of affliction, but also immune to highest level of afflictions.

• Like 1

They are not only immune to lowest level of affliction, but also immune to highest level of afflictions.

Can we get a ranked list of these afflictions?  So we can see exactly which ones we get immunity to and so on

I know that there's Confuse/Charm/Dominate but I don't know the others

Edit: never mind I found it now

So what you're saying is that Fighters can never be:

Stunned

Paralyzed

Terrified

with these talents?

Edited by Yosharian