[Beta4] New Passives are Scams

:yes:

Also please stay on topic. This thread has been derailed enough. :yes:

Ok

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Wait - people really use the report button? :blink:

It’s how SonicMage117 gets threads he doesn’t like closed.
  • Like 2

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Simple. I have play to great number of RPG and it is rare when I have this feeling. Here, even in MULTICLASS, there is a very limited choice. I'm not even sure that POE1 got less talents. I think there was more talents to choose each time I level up.

Plus, question. With Fighter would you never take disciplined strike - stances - One style - confident aim ?No, 99 % of players will pick theses talent because the others are not at the level.

4 abilities already highway / obvious choice.

In clear, each line I would like have 4 choices like that. and that I say "yeah there will have to think ; everything is quite interesting"

Obvious choice must exceed your ability of allow abilities ! (4 interresting choice for 1 pt of abilitiy : dilemma = good !) If not, it is not very fun. And level up are boring.

There were more class neutral talents in POE1 you are right. I'd like to see more of them come back and be available to all classes same as you. Maybe more will come, maybe with patch or expansion.

BUT! Those talents you named, you'd take anyways cause they are really good, so not sure that is valid argument.
Though I like rogue/Fighter with high perception so I would drop disciplined strikes and go for knock down, also because I like knock down, strikes are very strong but bit boring. In POE1 even on POTD there was no real need to min/max at all cost, so I guess here it will be the same.

Anyways I like the new lvling system, but they should add even more netural talents, even then you'd still be disapointed cause most will be weaker than those obvious choises we already have. Still bit more options would be better.

Obsidian tries to balance things and dual class means more balance issues. I think that is the reason they a afraid to add more.
Compared to other cRPGs, Obsidian ones are really quite well balanced, most stuff more or less works. It's hard to create completely useless char. You can create overpowered ones, but usually they perform only bit better than your average joes, and if you don't want to solo run you don't need to do it to play the game. 
Oposite example Divinity Original Sin, where the philosophy is **** balance, go crazy. Not saying it's bad it's just different approach to game design.

Josh explaining Obsidian approach:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvyrEhAMUPo

At least, fighters' first level choice needs a pickup. Right now, its an affront to any CRPG system lover. It needs something that is at least a choice and of some significance.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

At least, fighters' first level choice needs a pickup. Right now, its an affront to any CRPG system lover. It needs something that is at least a choice and of some significance.

My fighter currently has:

Arms Bearer

Weapon and Shield Style

Determination

Combat Focus

Rapid Recovery

Weapon Specialization

Fearless

Armored Grace

The only one of those that felt like settling was Combat Focus. Everything else felt like a clear and obvious choice.

So I’m not sure what you mean.

I've should've added lvl1 fghtr passives "for multi-classing". Not just fighter per se. IIRC, Arms Bearer and one more. You are forced to pick one of these lackluster ones too (as we can't save points).

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've should've added lvl1 fghtr passives "for multi-classing". Not just fighter per se. IIRC, Arms Bearer and one more. You are forced to pick one of these lackluster ones too (as we can't save points).

I don’t recall what the level 1 passives are. Pallegina is also taking Arms Bearer (and I’m happy about that). I haven’t updated my character sheet for Eder yet, so I don’t recall what his 2nd fighter level choice will be.

Obsidian tries to balance things and dual class means more balance issues. I think that is the reason they a afraid to add more.

You are totally right. I understand the reason. I simply explain my feeling about that.

Add more contain a risk but tuning is always possible.

And (I talk for me) I can forgive some differences of power and logic ; On the other hand I tolerate less well the lack of choice. I think for some players it will be quite the opposite ! It is totally understandable. However, whatever one thinks about it, some "lines" of classes are really little filled. Even if am subjective. Factually, few classes have 5 abilities in a line (often with... second/third choice), against 11 for others classes. probably a difference between casters and physical. But this is notable.

Everyone should be able to choose Quick Switch as a passive at second level. Arms Bearer can be lived without; quick switch is useful for almost anyone given Deadfire's pervasive immunities.

I’m ok waiting for it. The only one in my party who really uses Quick Switch in a “game altering” way is “Eder”.