Is separating enemies and killing them off in smaller groups cosidered cheesing?

Hello folks!

I have gotten almost to the end with my The Ultimate run with a wizard and I have a question because with my scouting char I can't seem to defeat Brynlod. This might be due to upscaling being on but I maneged it once and I wanted to know if getting the enemy separated and picking them off in smaller groups should be considered cheesing? Because I really want to make this a clean win but I can't seem to pull it of without resting through one encounter. 

Thanks in advance!

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png

To be honest, actual sentient beings wouldn't do some of the punishing stuff that they do in this game. One instance--mobs that never give up on chasing, even if you've more than half a map away but you're still in combat. Separating enemies is a sound strategy, albeit looking crude in PoE. 'Divide and conquer' is there for a reason, and if you think about it, the game represents areas with minimal assets, so there is nothing cheesy about enemies getting lost after a long chase... RP-wise, of course.    

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated :D I decided to first take care of Llengrath while waiting on this info and it went perfectly. Because it worked beautifuly (gonna upload soon) now I can't stop trying to do Brynlod fight in one pull (ego got a little bit too big). ^^ Aside from that I must admit that my "in head canon" loved Your argument Hulk'O'Saurus so I'd probably go the separating way if not for recent ego boost.  

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png

Ok, it IS possible, without cheesing. Turns out that arcane damepner on Deadfire Ilusionists makes it far easier as they can't use either Ceadebald's Blackbow or Citzal's Martial Power and even cancels out arcane reflection. And here is how it went down: 

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png