Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Henry's come to see us!

Rosbjerg

Ok, I'm the most OP character in all the land. I escape from a enemy camp, proceed to kill all my enemies all the way through and suddenly i'm stopped by one of those ****ers with plot immunity that I cannot hit. I get that in the context of a city but an enemy camp; at least Skyrim had the decency of letting you hit them within an inch of their lives.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I finally started playing KC:D now that I can pull myself away from Monster Hunter.  Very early going, but I'm finding the game quite enjoyable, despite it being kinda rough (as expected).  I particularly enjoy hunting with the bow and really like how they implemented the bow in this game.  Firing a bow just seems way too easy in most game.  I've fired a bow in real life many times, and while the amount of sway I experienced wasn't nearly as pronounced as what's in the game, that's with a modern compound bow with some 80% let off.  The bows you fire in this game have no such mechanical advantages, hence the sway seems reasonable, given how much harder it would be to hold a bow without let off drawn.  I'm trying to be a good boy in the game; no thievery, no digging up corpses, etc.  Plus, I want to talk my way through situations as much as possible.  I'll probably use bow and axe as my main weapons.

My biggest criticism so far is that you go from dirty impoverished peasant to rubbing elbows with lords rather rapidly.  I wish the journey from downtrodden commoner to nobility knowing you by name and treating you with a modicum of respect had taken longer.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 months later...

Guys how is the stability of the game now?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I heard its much better now, but I have to upgrade my PC first, its 8 year old and no amount of game patching will fix that...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I heard its much better now, but I have to upgrade my PC first, its 8 year old and no amount of game patching will fix that...

I'm playing it right now and I have no technical problems. Runs great as soon as I found the sweet spot for my computer.

Still the odd "open world game" type of bugs but no problems so far.

Excellent, I think this will be the next game I buy as I have nearly finished Dying Light  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm playing it right now and I have no technical problems. Runs great as soon as I found the sweet spot for my computer.

Excellent, I think this will be the next game I buy as I have nearly finished Dying Light  :geek:

You mean that you got to the halfway point and stopped because the game gets worse after it, right?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

You mean that you got to the halfway point and stopped because the game gets worse after it, right?

No Im loving DL, I have clocked about 280 hours so far  :cat:

It really grows on you as you explore the maps, find items , craft better weapons and go on  quests ...oh and I love killing the undead  8)

John Milton 

No Im loving DL, I have clocked about 280 hours so far  :cat:

It really grows on you as you explore the maps, find items , craft better weapons and go on  quests ...oh and I love killing the undead  8)

Both Dying Light and Dead island I stopped halfway because it just got very samey.

village_idiot.gif

Dying Light is my favorite zombie game, after the Dead Rising games. Dead Island always looked horrible to me so I never got it. I realize that Techland is made up of people who worked on Dead Island but have seen enough to know that Dead Island is nothing like Dying Light.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm always stuck on the game .. I love .. but I'm stuck in this damn monastery .. I can not find any way out ...

It was awful! I had to sneak around and steal wine just to keep my buzz going, surprised no one said anything about me being drunk at mass.

village_idiot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

How is Henry these days?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'm waiting for the mod tools, then Henry will be weird...like Bethesda weird.

village_idiot.gif

Lol I can only imagine... Meet the all new Henry with new and improved bikini armor!!

Lol I can only imagine... Meet the all new Henry with new and improved bikini armor!!

You said it and I'll make it happen.

• Like 2

village_idiot.gif

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't Kingdom Come but I thought it was relevant enough, maybe you guys would like to check it out!

On related news From the Ashes sucks donkey balls. It adds nothing to the game other than something to sink your money into (both real and the Groshen) and delivers nothing.

village_idiot.gif

I saw that dlc, the one that adds a house or something. It's sad that they never added the jousting....

I saw that dlc, the one that adds a house or something. It's sad that they never added the jousting....

It adds the mission to spend tens of thousands of your hard earned Groshen in building a town without a bathhouse or your own house for that matter. Plus you have to choose between shops (EG: either a swordsmith or a armorsmith)

village_idiot.gif

Lol Damn :( I wish they woulda just did something else with those resources. I thought they added all that so that Henry could have his own house but hmmm... I am like yeah, what are they thinking? Expansion bait.

most games add house, Warhorse add whole village and people still complain lol :) just kidding. Btw there is new DLC on horizon:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Uh, this video is a couple months old already.

Sorry, I didn't checked this particular one, I just seen news going around about it