Recommendations - again

Melusina

Just trow some good games at me.... I feel lost and can't tell what game I'm after.

Recently I enjoyed:

Nine Parchments (gog)

Mages of Mystralia

Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning

Tangledeep (gog)

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Pillars of Eternity (gog)

I think this screams magic/fantasy.

Acceptable stores are Humble, steam and gog.

Edited by Melusina

No clue exactly what you're lookig for, as far as I can tell, it seems like you are playing more rpg's or isometric games so I'll throw out some different types of games to bring balance to your pallette:)

Soma - an underrated first person horror game,makes one question their humanity, consciousness and existence.

Oxenfree - a 2D adventure in which 5 friends go to a party on an island and can't get off. Very Stranger Things-esque.

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter - a walking simulator which you play a detective and figure out what happened to a boy.

Dex - a 2D Deus Ex, essentially but with a female protagonist.

Pyre - Supergiant's newest rpg, looks great, plays great. Has humor and no killing. It's basically mage basketball and choices matter.

Brigador - Isometric mech action in fully destructable levels. With over 80 vehicles ranging from hovercrafts, mechwarriors, bikes, floating chevelles, tractors, tanks, etc.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Just trow some good games at me.... I feel lost and can't tell what game I'm after.

Recently I enjoyed:

Nine Parchments (gog)

Mages of Mystralia

Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning

Tangledeep (gog)

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Pillars of Eternity (gog)

I think this screams magic/fantasy.

Acceptable stores are Humble, steam and gog.

Ohh. How was tangledeep? I’ve been eyeing that up but trying to wait since they said they would release it on the switch.

Added Pyre to the wishlist. Anything more? I'm leaning towards female protagonist games, maybe...

Have you played all of those games in your signature? Seems that Ultima 7 and Ultima Underworld are absent from the list. I'm going to recommend them again.

Added Pyre to the wishlist. Anything more? I'm leaning towards female protagonist games, maybe...

Have you played all of those games in your signature? Seems that Ultima 7 and Ultima Underworld are absent from the list. I'm going to recommend them again.

Well, no. the list was created by help of fellow gog members, moderated by me.

Hrm. Based on your original post, you would probably enjoy Magicka 1 and Magicka 2 very much. The first is far better, though they seriously increased the difficulty and toned down the fun when they re-balanced it just before releasing the sequel. Magicka 2 lacks the charm of the first, has an inferior spell list, but greater mobility. The gameplay changes have both pros & cons, but is generally considered lesser. They obviously wanted it to be a MOBA game on consoles, and the second game suffers for it.

I'd also recommend Gauntlet if you like the fantasy arcade style play. If you're willing to dip your toe out of the fantasy genre, then Everspace has outstanding arcade/rogue-lite gameplay. If you're wanting to stick with fantasy and spellcasting, but don't mind a slower pace, then check out Chaos: Reborn. It's a remake of a game from 1985. I think I might slightly prefer the original, but Chaos: Reborn is an excellent game of wizard chess. Not for the faint of heart though.