Idea : Human Subraces = 2 new possible racial talents

theBalthazar

Hum... I see : p

So suspicion of racism is only for human^^... : p

I understand. Exotic = distant (no connection with the reality) = ok for differentiation.

So, perhaps one class, without subclasses, it is more clear for the player ? If Obsidian want to clarify the situation.

Because if we push the concept. Subclass = different adaptation to an environment, at long-term. which creates a specialty of the class. We can also see it like that.

Edited by theBalthazar

Hum... I see : p

So suspicion of racism is only for human^^... : p

I understand. Exotic = distant (no connection with the reality) = ok for differentiation.

So, perhaps one class, without subclasses, it is more clear for the player ? If Obsidian want to clarify the situation.

Because if we push the concept. Subclass = different adaptation to an environment, at long-term. which creates a specialty of the class. We can also see it like that.

Dude, we get it. And your logic is sound. But the good doctor is right. It only takes one overblown "racism" scandal to mess up Deadfire's reputation. Remember that silly tombstone fiasco from Pillars?

PS In Deadfire, there's a 4th type: Storm Folk :) 

• Like 1

Dude, we get it. And your logic is sound. But the good doctor is right. It only takes one overblown "racism" scandal to mess up Deadfire's reputation. Remember that silly tombstone fiasco from Pillars?

PS In Deadfire, there's a 4th type: Storm Folk :)

Fixable with renaming racials feats into something else (specialization, training, whatever) and allow humans (or anyone really) to choose what they get instead of being stuck with race’s default. Default being dominant training regime in the region or something.

Pillars of Bugothas

Problem is if you start saying there are racial differences between different subraces of humans it can . .ah. . . invite more controversy than the game perhaps needs.  It's probably best if the differences are purely cosmetic.

Pretty much.

I can imagine the headlines already. "RACIST DEVS MAKES WHITE PEOPLE STATISTICALLY SUPERIOR TO BLACK PEOPLE!" (or vice versa)

Obsidian don't need another Tumblrite horde to fall upon them (like after that one tombstone epitaph that nobody really cared about, except for a bunch of social justice paladins)